How long do your Minx last?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELJ-11

Reaction score
Hi guys, I think I've done around 20 sets of Minx so far on both fingers & toes. When I went to the training they said it lasts around 5-7 days on fingers & 2-3 weeks on toes but looking on here it seems that many of you have it lasting much longer on fingers so was wondering if you have any tips?

The longest mine have lasted on fingers is 10 days.
Also I'm currently charging £25 for fingers which includes nail shaping, cuticle work, Minx & massage and £30 for toes which includes shaping, cuticle work, Minx, footfile & massage. Do you think this is ok?

Thanks xx

Do you do any kind of soaking with either (as in reverse mani pedi or not??? sorry ive not really answered your questions? xx

No I don't, I use cuticle away and remove it with water before using scrubfresh but that's the only moisture :-/

If I use Minx with Shellac, would this make them last longer?
And how would it work, Shellac base coat, Minx, Shellac top coat? and what about the sticky layer? :irked:
Any ideas anyone?! x

If I use Minx with Shellac, would this make them last longer?
And how would it work, Shellac base coat, Minx, Shellac top coat? and what about the sticky layer? :irked:
Any ideas anyone?! x

Apply you Minx as normal and then apply the Shellac base over the Minx... then apply your top coat.

I don't really like to do this though, as your client cannot remove it herself at home... they do last longer as the Minx is completely sealed under the Shellac, so no wearing of the free edge

Ahh yes I'd forgotten about removal.
Do you have any tips for Minx without the shellac? What about if you were only doing two nails in Minx and the rest shellac, would putting the minx over shellac but nothing over the minx last longer?
How long does your Minx last?

Lasts a week on my fingers, sometimes not even that though.
But on on toes mine can stay on for 6 weeks

Ahh yes I'd forgotten about removal.
Do you have any tips for Minx without the shellac? What about if you were only doing two nails in Minx and the rest shellac, would putting the minx over shellac but nothing over the minx last longer?
How long does your Minx last?

If I was doing Shellac and Minx I would apply the Minx as normal and Shellac over it... I haven't tried the other way, Minx over Shellac.

Minx on fingers usually lasts between a week and 10 days... sometimes as long as 3 weeks, but it really depends on the client.

I find most clients that want Minx are happy to have it for a week and then get a bit bored with it, or may not want to wear it to work.

As for the toes, it lasts and lasts... I have to advise clients to use Solar oil daily, as naturally their nails can become dehydrated from having it on for so long.

Ok thanks, sounds like my fingers aren't too bad then :) haven't done any toes in a while... did my mums the other night so will see how well they stay on :)

Thanks for the help guys :)

My Minx on feet lasts months sometimes although Im unsure why you would like to see it all growing out!

Ive had clients running the London Marathon,rock climbing and one did the Macho Picho(sp) trek and they all came back with the Minx on.....well where they still had the toenails anyways lol :eek:

My minx on toes can last until they grow out!! (if you left them long enough!) I love doing minx on fingers! It's so attention grabbing! I tend to get 2weeks out of fingers. I heat minx before I apply, push down and fully adhere to nail under the heat with a rubber ended pusher thingy, then I take out of heat to cool down and go over again with the rubber pusher. I find the pusher great for making sure it is 100% sealed all around the sidewalls and the free edge. Xx

It lasts well over Calgel two weeks sometimes more but then its growing out.
Just one thin layer of gel, cure, wipe and then put the minx on top.It can be removed (when you start to get regrowth and also some people who are not as careful as others may get a bit raggedy on the ends) by heat and the gel stays put so it helps with growth as well.
Haven't tried sandwiching it between as want to use as little gel as possible to keep cost down so i dont know whether the gel stays on the minx rather than the other way round.

I have one client who is on week 12 with her Minx toes now. Her little toe has almost grown out completely, but she seems to be obsessed now in finding out how long she can keep them on.

I have one client who is on week 12 with her Minx toes now. Her little toe has almost grown out completely, but she seems to be obsessed now in finding out how long she can keep them on.

This is a really handy client to have - testing Minx out for you! :D - I guess it is different for every one though as we dont all have the same nail plate growth.

12 weeks yikes!

Fingers last a little over 7 days for the clients I have done so far... same on me too and that was after baking some bread- amazing! My toes clients are all pretty new, and all still have their Minx on after a few weeks. It will be interesting to see how long they last now.

I just started using the shellac.... finding it is peeling off. what am i doing wrong? i am using a cuticle creme , soaking,, wiping off with scrub fresh... the base coat shellac and top coat. can someone explain to me about Minx please... thanks in advance guys.

I just started using the shellac.... finding it is peeling off. what am i doing wrong? i am using a cuticle creme , soaking,, wiping off with scrub fresh... the base coat shellac and top coat. can someone explain to me about Minx please... thanks in advance guys.
I never soak feet when using gel of any form as the gel won't stay on, I do a full manicure just don't soak my shellac customers last for up to 4 weeks

Have you completed cnd training? As with a few other treatments even though it appears fairly simple to apply/do, getting it correct means the difference between a professional long lasting finish and a bodge job. Completing training is always worth every penny, it also means you are fully covered by your insurance [emoji5]️

Latest posts

Back