How long does it take you??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annemarie

CND Grand Master tech
Reaction score
O.k just though I'd start this thread out of a matter of interest. Lol How long does it take you to do a set of nails tips or sculptured, Acrylic, Gel and fibre glass?:)
So me first.... Acrylic L&p over tips bout an hour and fifteen to an hour an half depending on narual nail condition, prep etc
Acrylic sculptured ..an hour an 20 mins
Fibreglass .... an hour an 20 mins
Gel (when I used to do them) about an hour and 30 mins
Acrylic tip and dip.....an hour and ten mins

I'm brave enough to admit .... 1.5 to 2 hours for a set of natural nail overlays in gel. No tips! I did a very beautiful set of gel scultpures for my daughter which took 4 hours and lasted three weeks and would have lasted longer. This is not a viable time so I do not offer it as a service.

It easily takes me half an hour to remove a set of soak off gels. It gripes me now when I see on this or that product it is only x minute soak off time but does not allow for prep to soak off or finishing the removal. Which I know is quite separate to the fact I must be slow and anal about making sure the prep is good. I really have tried to speed up - honest I have guv!

Takes me about 1 and 1/2 hours for gel overlay.

Acrylic tip and dip 45mins to 55mins ( if french) If natural 1hour to 1hour 30mins

Acrylic L&P 1hour- 2 hours x

I just started my training yesterday and have spent the last 3 and a half hours doing 5 L+P with tips on the nail trainer:eek:.

Off to bed now, been up since 6am and got to be up at 6am in the morning to drive 2 hours to my course tomorrow, think I must be mad. Just needed 5 mins to relax before bed, so thought I would pop on here.

I just started my training yesterday and have spent the last 3 and a half hours doing 5 L+P with tips on the nail trainer:eek:.

Off to bed now, been up since 6am and got to be up at 6am in the morning to drive 2 hours to my course tomorrow, think I must be mad. Just needed 5 mins to relax before bed, so thought I would pop on here.

Sounds like me when I first started out. Don't worry you will speed up when your application imnproves.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I was worried about my timings too but I know I am getting faster, it takes me 2 hours 15 mins for gel or l & p extensions. An hour for overlays and an hour and a half for soak off and overlay (I use Bio Sculpture). I was worried as I remember going to have my overlays done and with soak off being in and out in an hour x

Hi it takes me 1 hour for gel or f/glass overlays, 1 & 1/2 hours for full set of gel or f/glass enhancements

I'm about the same. When I first started acrylic &powder it was a good 2 hours per hand!! I now have it down to 45 mins. The more you practice the quicker you'll get because the routine will become second nature. don't worry right now cuz ur still learning!!

Good luck :) x

takes me about 45 mins for a set of NNOlays in clear gel, and about 1 hour 15 mins for a full set of sculpted french extensions.

Can be very quick when I stop talking so much LOL! but wheres the fun in that?! :wink2:

Well iv just done set of gel on nail bitter nails and over the moon at how they turned out. Yippee, did not sleep last night thinking about it (lol), now having a well deserved drink! Been training for 3 weeks with essential nails but have spend at lease 7 hours p/day mental. Took me 2 hours. Posted last week that I was gutted that a set of nails took me over 2 hrs and feedback I got from geeks really encouraged me, so thanks to all! U where right 2 hours when still training is not a bad time. Come away on a high sure u all guessed that by such long reply, but on cloud 9!!!

takes me about 45 mins for a set of NNOlays in clear gel, and about 1 hour 15 mins for a full set of sculpted french extensions.

Can be very quick when I stop talking so much LOL! but wheres the fun in that?! :wink2:

Haha yes I love to chit chatter away to my clients also, but I always try and talk to the hands if you know what I mean:biggrin:

Well iv just done set of gel on nail bitter nails and over the moon at how they turned out. Yippee, did not sleep last night thinking about it (lol), now having a well deserved drink! Been training for 3 weeks with essential nails but have spend at lease 7 hours p/day mental. Took me 2 hours. Posted last week that I was gutted that a set of nails took me over 2 hrs and feedback I got from geeks really encouraged me, so thanks to all! U where right 2 hours when still training is not a bad time. Come away on a high sure u all guessed that by such long reply, but on cloud 9!!!

Well done hun :biggrin:. It can be a daunting time when your learning, but you do get there in the end. I bet you can see tons of improvement with every set you do.

Latest posts

Back