How long have you been in business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how long are you in business?

• 0-1 years

Votes: 105 29.0%
  • 1-5 years

Votes: 118 32.6%
  • 5-10 years

Votes: 63 17.4%
  • 10 + years

Votes: 76 21.0%

• Total voters
Only had my little beauty room 7 weeks, before that i worked in the bannantyne spa in perth covering for someone on maternity leave, couldn't find another job after i left. So set up a room within my mums hairdressing salon (which she has had 22 years) been super busy!!

Sent from my LT26i using SalonGeek

Hi I have been in business 17 years, and currently are doing well. I am lucky to have fantastic staff and we all work together well as a team. x

Hi I have been in business 17 years, and currently are doing well. I am lucky to have fantastic staff and we all work together well as a team. x
I cant add up LOL I should have put 27 years not 17 forget how old I
am. x

I have had my beauty room for 5 years and i've never been busier...it is going from strength to strength. That's not to say that there isn't room for improvement though, i'm always trying to better myself xx

Just over a year, and unlike my earlier life (nurse) people come to me because they want to not because they have to.

Right now, (apart from not being able to sell our house) I love my life.

I've been qualified in beauty therapy since 1995. Have been renting a beauty room within a hairdressers for ten years and couldn't be busier.

I opened my business on the 1st January this year. I do natural nails, tans, waxing and Reflexology. I trained in everything last year and this year, except reflexology which I did 12 years ago. It's a complete career change for me, and I can't believe how well it's going! I had a figure in mind of what I wanted to make each month, in an ideal world, and I'm already exceeding that! I'm so happy! Best thing I ever did. :)

My 10th year next year. I have always been part time up until September last year. It has been an amazing year, far exceding my expectations and improving all the time. I have some fantastic clients, re-invest in the business and always strive to improve. I love the work.

9 years. Still love it as much as when I started. No, wait, more . . . because at least now I'm good at it lol

I've been mobile for 10 years. Started out part time as had children at home but now the youngest is in full time school so I'm more of a school hours nail tech.

I've got lots of lovely clients who I've been seeing since I started out and tonnes more that have been more recent, especially in the last year since I started Gelish.

It's going really well but I'm a bit of a lazy bum. Could do with an extra 5 treatments per week. Need to get my finger out and advertise more. 90% of my clients ate word of mouth, the other 10% are phonebook or web search.

I finished my training on 30 of May this year and on 31 of May I've opened my nail bar in a hair salon,so I trew myself in the deep end :D
I guess I've been in business for 1month and a bit,lol!
I've set up with the money that I had on my planned owerdraft and it's very hard to keep up with the financial side at the moment,but I love my new job.I started to get regular customers and tips,that I believe is a great sign.I refuse to give up and I have a good feeling about this:o

7 years & just a bit too busy! It was only meant to be a part time job but at times I find it hard to cope. I'm not ungreatful and I appreciate all my clients especially in these hard times.

Karaxxx

I finished college last year.

Totally appreciating the wealth of knowledge and experience that others bring to salongeek and I thkink this thread highlights that very well :)

i think this is really interesting.

it's a fairly even spread so far .

10 years for me:) I'm a workaholic, I need a clone. I rent a table in a very busy hair salon we work well together. I love my job and my clients

9 yrs and so busy that I feel like I'm losing my mind at times! I love what I do and never complain to clients but when you don't have time to eat every day then there's a prob with work/life balance.
Problem is I just can't say no!

Business will be 4 years old in November and we are busier than ever! 9 months ago, we moved to bigger premises and I haven't looked back. :) xx

15 years. Worked 12 for myself

3 years and doing well, could/would like to be doing better but happy to still be holding my own and gaining a good reputation :D

interesting that the new businesses are stretching in front.

it's great that people are going for it even though it's tough times.

Latest posts

Back