how long should it take?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeymummy

Reaction score
Hi, I have recentley qualified in L & P and I take two hous to do a full set of extensions, including the polish, I do roughly 3 clients a month so not that many, my boss says that it should take an hour and a half tho shes been doing nails for 5 years! i dont think thats fair! any advice & comments?!:confused:

being recently qualified and able to do a set of L+P incl polish in 2 hours is a fab achievement... i would have thought that instead of being critical about your time your boss would be congratulating you !!!!!!!
take off the time it takes you to do the polish and client consultation and you'll find you are actually doing a set in an hour and a half :D
xxxx

Hiya.....I wouldn't worry about it I take around 2 hours to do a set too. I qualified in July....she shouldn't expect you to do a set in an hour and a half just cos she can! xxx

here here !

better to produce a GREAT set of nails in 2 hours than an ok / rushed set in 1.5hrs hun

I always take pride in every set i do and ive been qualified over a year now and new sets take me as long as i need to take per client

kxx

Envy Nailz said:
Hiya.....I wouldn't worry about it I take around 2 hours to do a set too. I qualified in July....she shouldn't expect you to do a set in an hour and a half just cos she can! xxx

thanks for the support chicks! sometimes I doubt myself, toatally agree about doing the job properly than rushing the nails! thanks for you support! carrie XXXXX:)

Don't doubt yourself chick!

I qualified ages ago and take ages to do a set of l&p!

I don't really get on with l&p and would love me training but can't afford it at the minute!

Your timing sounds pretty good to me and I would rather someone take that little bit extra time with my nails and get them lookin nice rather than send me out lookin like a mess just because they feel they need to rush!

Keep ur chin up!

cheers darlin'! carriexxxxx

I wouldnt get down about it! when I first started it took me 2 hours, and my time has gradually come down but the other night I did a rebalance that took 3 1/2 hours!! which knocked my confidence a bit, but you can only improve with practise, it sounds like you dont get a lot of time to practise, but neither do I! Im a single mum of a 15 month old and sqeezing in a full set when I can is a challenge but even with limited time to practise, my time has come down so Im sure yours will aswell.xx

Thanks Hollie, it sounds like you are doing very well being a mum as well, you are a stong lady!!! i think your right about it sometimes taking longer on particular clients too, carrie xxxx

honeymummy said:
Thanks Hollie, it sounds like you are doing very well being a mum as well, you are a stong lady!!! i think your right about it sometimes taking longer on particular clients too, carrie xxxx
I did a set on a friend the othe day and i started them at 10am and did not finish until 3pm.. hrs you say but she had a young child and people coming in all day.. its does not matter how long they take as long as you are happy and so is the client at the end... keep up the good work..

Hi hun
I ususally take 1 hour 15 for a full set but that does not include consultation and polish and Ive been doing it 3 years. For someone who has only just qualified youre doing fab. Stick at it... Most customers whould rather you take your time and relax and have a natter than tense up becaues you are feeling rushed. Youre doing fine.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

When i first started i used to take 3 hours. I now still take two hours maybe less or more depending on the nail condition. I do realise that lots of people take 1.5 hours but i guess it will come with more practice. You are doing fine.x

Hiya,

When I started it took me 2 hours, I only ever managed to get it down to 1.5 hours. The tech I had been going to recently only took 45 mins though for sculpts, but then she had been working solidly as a tech for 13 years!

Jx

2hrs is not bad for somebody that's not been doing nails that long so well done. However, you want to keep your job and I'm afraid that in a salon, time is money.

It's easy to get too comfortable with however long we take and it becomes a subconcious thing. Your subconciousl it telling you that's how long it will take so that's how long it does.

I'd try to get it down to 1.5 hours. Try this: Chunk it into 3.

Prep and tip.....30mins
Application of L&P .....30 mins
Buff, Shape & Polish...30mins

Try it and I bet you do it easy.

Note: Roger Bannister was the first person to run the 4min mile. Everybody thought it was unachievable. However, within a few months of him doing it, hundreds of people had run the 4min mile. It's just a mind set.

Let us know how you get on. xxxxxxxxx

my last set took me two and a hlaf hrs (i only qualified in sep) my mate keeps getting at me for ir saying he knows someone who can do them in 45 mins. but id rather be slow and make a good job then rush it and make a bad one. xx

Hiya,

I've been doing L & P for two years now & my first sets tooke me 3hrs - one hour of which was the filing & buffing after!!!!

With time you should get it down to 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. If i'm chatting to clients then it always takes me longer! But each cleint is different and each set/infill is different you cannot say that it should be xx mins/hrs to do each one. Some people just take longer to do than others. Everyone's 'makeup' is different and the products we use react differently in each case & should therefore be judged independantly of each other!

Sorry that seems to go on a bit!

HTH xx

I am still in training and I take about 2hrs to do a full set or even longer as I am a perfectionist and like to make sure the job is done properly. Eventually time will reduce but as long as ur clientele walk away happy and that you are happy within yourself that you have done a FAB job then thats what counts. I would hate for the tech to take 2hrs and walk out with a shotty job!

Thats what training is all about....Good Luck :D LW

pinkchicnails said:
my mate keeps getting at me for ir saying he knows someone who can do them in 45 mins.
if someone can do a set in 45 minutes then they have to be cutting corners.

i usually take 1 1/2 - 2hrs....but tonight i have a full set at 8...and with the second part of "class of 76" on tonight at 9...i am going to do them in an one hour flat thats client consultation...full set of naturals and polish:wink2:
only joking:Grope:

Hey

I did my first set on sunday for the first time.. i took 2hrs 10 mins.. if that makes you feel better!!!

Latest posts

Back