How long until the perfect nail was achieved?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
The title says it all really - how long did it take you all to achieve the 'perfect' nail? I qualified last year but am only now starting to build my business up. I get frustrated because my nails aren't yet what I consider to be good. It's catch 22 - I am reluctant to offer them as I'm not brilliant, yet without doing them I'm not going to get better!

How long did it take the rest of you?

I still don't think I'm doing the perfect nail. I mean, on all 10 nails. lol.

for me it's a way of living. as long as what I do is always perfect, then I have nothing to look and work for, get bored, and have to find something new.

now if you speak about a very good nail/set of nails, it took me a year, with a lot of practice, a lot of training, practice on my own to get the control of my brush, file, ratio, product, find my products, my best brush, the bestest pink, etc.

I'm just about getting there on the odd occassion!!

Seriously though, the only way you will improve is by taking more classes and working on your weaker areas with your educator.
And have some faith!

I never think my nails are perfect. There's aways that little thing that maybe no one else can see but I know it's there. :green:

Gigi u have nothing to worry about, any set u do is going to be amazing!!

It was 8 months from completing my foundation course before i was happy with a set, but they were by no means perfect,
and i am happy with 99% of sets that i do now but i still know they are not 100% perfect and probably never will be,
pop its are good if you want all 10 to look identical lol

Gigi u have nothing to worry about, any set u do is going to be amazing!!

I'm human honey ... some are more amazing than others!! :lol: But thank you for the compliment.

if you have "perfect" natural nails to work on you are far more likely to get a "perfect" result.

me, i am never happy ;-)

I never think my nails are perfect. There's aways that little thing that maybe no one else can see but I know it's there. :green:
Oooooh!! That makes me feel so much better!!!

Perfection is something we are all striving for but never actually get it. Get close then the perfection bar goes up lol

My nails are neverrrr perfect, but they almost always look better at their next appointment than I remember them, if that makes sense. I think that is a sign that you (in the general sense) are constantly paying attention to your technique and your clients' specific nails, etc., and constantly striving for perfection, and that is good! Like, there's always room for improvement. Which there is. Right? :eek:

Any conscientious nail tech will always find some fault with a set of nails.

And so we should, noticing and correcting our weaknesses will move us closer to where we want to be.

However, that being said, we have to exude enough confidence that our clients come back time and time again, believing we are the best at what we do.

My nails are neverrrr perfect, but they almost always look better at their next appointment than I remember them, if that makes sense. I think that is a sign that you (in the general sense) are constantly paying attention to your technique and your clients' specific nails, etc., and constantly striving for perfection, and that is good! Like, there's always room for improvement. Which there is. Right? :eek:

I thought I was the only one who thought this!!! There have been times when I thought, "Did she go somewhere else in between?"

I say, I never think my nails are perfect, but neither do I ever think they are really bad. You can bring yourself down if you worry about perfection too much. It's the striving for it that counts.

Last edited:
I find that the better I get the pickier I get!! When I finished my Foundation course I would have sold my soul to be able to do nails at the level I do them now...... But now I am more critical of myself, and expect more of myself as well!

I can see flaws in every set I do, but if I say that to a client they are amazed that I feel that way!!

I thought I was the only one who thought this!!! There have been times when I thought, "Did she go somewhere else in between?"

I found myself asking once,,,,,' Did we gel top coat these?'.....No was the reply. I couldn't believe I had got such good shine on them!!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Excatly how I feel!! The client will be delighted, but I will notice something, I have to bite my tongue not to say it to them or apologies!

Latest posts

Back