How much did you spend on your kid for Christmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Family doesn't have to be blood relatives, it can be friends? If you don't song have any of those either then life would be very sad :-(

Hi H.... anyone opening their houses for the homeless this Christmas?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Threads like this drive me insane it only causes arguments through difference of opinions...you can't expect people with money not to spoil their kids because it upsets yours!

I have two my 6 year old got £300 odd this year my 18 month old around £150 before we had two I spoilt my boy rotten at Xmas, yeah I stress myself out raising the cash plus I make sure I put money away every month cause I have other family to buy for but I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

How about how much we spend on other people's kids? I have 2 small kids under 3 with a wild imagination so if I wrapped an empty box and gave it to them it would be a rocket, spaceship, car or bus! I don't expect large and expensive gifts from others for them because after all they're my kids.

Last Christmas I bought my sister's 3 kids presents of about £30 each and the youngest cheeky little monkey asked me 'do you have anymore presents for me?' after he opened his. I was so embarrassed and didn't know what to say. How would you deal with this as I can't have that again this year!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

How about how much we spend on other people's kids? I have 2 small kids under 3 with a wild imagination so if I wrapped an empty box and gave it to them it would be a rocket, spaceship, car or bus! I don't expect large and expensive gifts from others for them because after all they're my kids.

Last Christmas I bought my sister's 3 kids presents of about £30 each and the youngest cheeky little monkey asked me 'do you have anymore presents for me?' after he opened his. I was so embarrassed and didn't know what to say. How would you deal with this as I can't have that again this year!

How old is he?. .. children have vast imaginations, they don't think of upsetting people by saying hurtful things. .he probably just wanted to open more presents. .bless him.

I don't buy for other kids as we don't have any in our family apart from my own two. And as I said in my post above a bit, my brother feels my children have too much blah dee blah dee blah so they won't get anything from him. My children are 6 and 11. I bought for his children every year up until last year and they're now in their late 20's and one is married and I even bought for her husband who I've never even met!

Thinking about it I'm starting to get wound up. :irked:

I don't buy for other kids as we don't have any in our family apart from my own two. And as I said in my post above a bit, my brother feels my children have too much blah dee blah dee blah so they won't get anything from him. My children are 6 and 11. I bought for his children every year up until last year and they're now in their late 20's and one is married and I even bought for her husband who I've never even met!

Thinking about it I'm starting to get wound up. :irked:

I was just think that you were winding yourself up..ha ha ha.....sorry MM it made me chuckle. .

I was just think that you were winding yourself up..ha ha ha.....sorry MM it made me chuckle. .

I'm not laughing. :cry:

I'm sorry! :o

I forgive you. :hug:

I just feel sorry for my kids. They're not getting any thought at Christmas from him which they will undoubtedly notice. No, they don't need expensive presents but as everyone says, it's about family. Since he's half way around the world and we wont be able to see him, I thought he could have done better than 4 paper charity baubles. They're not even 3D! :eek:

I forgive you. :hug:

I just feel sorry for my kids. They're not getting any thought at Christmas from him which they will undoubtedly notice. No, they don't need expensive presents but as everyone says, it's about family. Since he's half way around the world and we wont be able to see him, I thought he could have done better than 4 paper charity baubles. They're not even 3D! :eek:

I think maybe you should make light of it,rather than get upset about it. I can imagine how frustrating this is for you and probably how angry this has made you. Would your children be upset if you told them that their uncle had given their presents to underprivileged children? It may help.

MM you still make me chuckle. .'they're not even 3d' ....ha ha

I have two age 2 & 5 I've spent £50 each up to now will be buying a couple more but not spending a lot, they will appreciate anything as I've never gone over the top they don't know any different. My oldest has asked for a lego house and plane (£50 & £60) which he will not be getting! Who spends that type of money on lego?? I have bought him smaller sets of lego £3.99 which I know he will love just as much

I think maybe you should make light of it,rather than get upset about it. I can imagine how frustrating this is for you and probably how angry this has made you. Would your children be upset if you told them that their uncle had given their presents to underprivileged children? It may help.

MM you still make me chuckle. .'they're not even 3d' ....ha ha

They'll wonder why he couldn't do both. He can certainly afford to. They'll feel like they've done something wrong and that their Uncle doesn't like them anymore.

I may tell them he choaked (spelling? Can't even find it on spell check!) on his Xmas turkey and is no longer with us.

As for the 3D, he could at least have got the fold out variety. Lol.

Just as well our mother is no longer with us, she would be furious!

No I couldn't afford that much BUT I still don't understand why you or anyone cares. I also don't see why you feel it's worth mentioning that she has 9 kids and doesn't work? Her business and finances, noone elses. Maybe she invited everyone so noone was left out.

Nicer holidays? That insinuates that you already have holidays and would perhaps upgrade if money was available. Well, we don't have holidays but choose to spend a bit more at Christmas and birthdays. Sounds like you do the opposite: have holidays and spend a bit less at Christmas.

I guess my point is, we all have luxuries on some level. Yes there are starving people in the world but those who choose to spend more at Christmas shouldn't be made to feel bad. Do you feel guilty for having your holidays? Probably not as you've worked hard to be able to do that. I don't think I've ever heard someone being bersted for hsbing a break away yet people think it's ok to judge someone for spending £xx on their kids at Christmas.
By the way, £15 per child for soft play party? Ludicrous. It only costs a fiver here for a session and the food isn't a tenners worth. They certainly know how to make their money at these places don't they!

Eerr I've not been on holiday since I got married..and I have been divorced 11 years lol

She has 9 kids and doesnt work. Her three youngest are getting ipads for xmas! What 3year old needs an ipad? And why would 6 people in one household need ipads? And why is it that the majority of my Facebook freinds boasting about spending loads are the ones who claim benifits?
Does that not annoy you in the slightest??

They'll wonder why he couldn't do both. He can certainly afford to. They'll feel like they've done something wrong and that their Uncle doesn't like them anymore.

I may tell them he choaked (spelling? Can't even find it on spell check!) on his Xmas turkey and is no longer with us.

As for the 3D, he could at least have got the fold out variety. Lol.

Just as well our mother is no longer with us, she would be furious!

Could you buy something little (for a fiver?) and wrap it up and pretend he bought it for them with the charity donations just so they think he thought of them aswell as making the donations on their behalf?

Eerr I've not been on holiday since I got married..and I have been divorced 11 years lol

She has 9 kids and doesnt work. Her three youngest are getting ipads for xmas! What 3year old needs an ipad? And why would 6 people in one household need ipads? And why is it that the majority of my Facebook freinds boasting about spending loads are the ones who claim benifits?

In other words I think its perfectly ok when I am classed as a high earner and in one of the highest tax brackets yet cant afford a holiday beyond camping in my mums field and I see someone, who does not pay tax or work because as soon as the youngest is at school she finds the next man to knock her up, spending £600 on a childrens party..and boasting about it on FB. When I hear her boasting about the Play station 4 which she has pre ordered for her out of work 18 year old son, its annoying. You cant argue with that.. a £300 reborn doll, custom made with a Balmoral silver cross buggy for a 9 year old?

Could you buy something little (for a fiver?) and wrap it up and pretend he bought it for them with the charity donations just so they think he thought of them aswell as making the donations on their behalf?

Yes I'll do that. Then send him an email picture of them opening " his" present! :eek:

This is what we do. My partner is estranged from his dad so we put £5 in a card for each of them and sign it grandad x

Nearlyme, even though its none of my business what other people are doing but when it comes to where my tax money goes, things like that wind me up to no end!

Nearlyme, even though its none of my business what other people are doing but when it comes to where my tax money goes, things like that wind me up to no end!

That is the point I was making. Most people I know who work are struggling this year. The only ones I see boasting are those on long term benefits.
Now I am not a benefits hater. For a time I was on them myself. But they are there to help you back on your feet. There is no way on this planet that you should have enough to spend on £1000s at xmas. Even if its on credit it means that she is actually spending 10000s more of my tax money on the interest long term.
It really gets my hackles up.. in fact I am away to delete her from FB lol

I didn't want to upset people on here. all I was saying in my thread is to me £1000 is a lot of money to me. I don't even earn that in a month. In fact £1000 is like a months mortgage,gas and electric,council tax,food and cleaning products.petrol, Maybe more but to spend that on a little lad is a lot of money in fact it is stupid sorry but that's how I see it. Some people might disagree but even rich people are struggling these days

Latest posts

Back