How much do you charge your mum or sister if anything?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When! I can fit my mum in no way does she pay, I see it as a nice way to treat her after all the years of me being a horrible teenager to her lol!

My sisters do pay cost, well some of the time but they are always bottom of the list after clients so they don't get done often! But if it was all the time I would expect at least costs to cover products.

My mum is really sweet, she'll buy me elemis goody bags as a treat every now and then to say thank u, bless her.

My mum is going to be my shellac model tomorrow morning for my 121 shellac brings them back class. She is my guinea pig and at 68 tomorrow she will be sporting purple purple nails with zillionaire. She is such a good sport. Gods knows what the ladies at the WI must think of her colour choices lol xx

I wouldn't ever dream of charging my mum for any treatments, but she knows she comes after paying clients and if i do need to cancel her appt for a paying client she will understand.

Also, she is one of my best clients for recommendations - I have loads of her "old biddies" :hug: now coming to me from the bowls clubs she attends, and they are all very loyal clients. They esp love shellac as it seems to withstand the "rigours" of bowling lol!

Now, maybe that's an avenue for marketing that some geeks haven't tried - the local indoors or outdoors bowls clubs?

Once a week for so many treatments is way too much. You have to remember that you are running a business in order to earn a living, paying clients must come first, unless you are massively rich and working just to give yourself something to do :biggrin:

Is you sister prepared to regularly take unpaid leave from work to do favours for you? I doubt it.

I feel bad for even thinking about charging my mum! Even though she's a right pain in the ass! I think my sister expects it more because, without sounding spoilt, my dad helped me out with my courses, set up and with my room at home. She forgets she got uni and I didn't.

Gonna have to grow some and tell her to pay!xx

I don't charge my Mum or Sister. My Sis does occasionally buy a new Shellac colour for me & i'll then use it to do her nails - more often than not though she lets me do whatever I fancy so it gives me chance to practice something arty! She has done a lot of babysitting over the past 4 years so it's my way of saying thank you - she has the very occasional spray tan and has had eyelashes but they knocked on her glasses so were off within minutes :D

...and my Mum.. well, she's my Mum and been a good one at that so no, I wouldn't charge her :)

I dont charge my mum only reason is she helped me buy all the stuff for the salon.. at lest i can do.

and i sometimes i swap treatments with people....

girls at work all hairdressers. So sometimes they get free stuff done sometimes its cheaper... but one girl gets its free as she promotes me all the time. :)

and i dont have a sister i have a brother.... he dont want anything

No way would I ever charge my mum, she's bought stuff for me, couch etc and she looks after my son when want to work during the day and babysits other times and helps with housework and ironing so I would never ever charge her.

My sister pays reduced rate or cost. It is when I would normally book full paying clients in and I've spent so much setting up, I can't afford to do hers for free too at the moment but who knows when I really get going I may be able to. She never pays full though, I just couldn't do it

I keep offering discounts to friends to cos I feel guilty but I guess I've got to toughen up!!!

E x

i dont charge my mum anything, id like to not charge my mother in law too but she refuses and says she wont let me do her lashes if i dont let her pay, she wont even accept a discount!!! my best friend pays half price for her lashes. i dont give anyone else a discount xxx

I don't charge my mum, i refuse to take money from her as she has done so much for me over the years but without fail, she always deposits a little 'thank you'd in my bank account bless her x

Dont feel bad for charging your mum my mum and sisters cover cost price as i have 3 sisters n im just starting up and got a 11 month old baby to pay for,however when im fully established and have a good client base then i wont charge my family anything,i doubt lord alan sugar got to where he is giving out freebies in the beginning xx

Sent from my X10i

I keep offering discounts to friends to cos I feel guilty but I guess I've got to toughen up!!!

E x

I am a sucker for giving people discounts, I know it's silly but I'm struggling with going from just being someone's friend to taking money from them! Know this has to stop though so have decided that once my price lists are delivered and my website is finished (tomorrow - eeek!) I am drawing a line under it and starting afresh.

Mum and Nan will always be free, don't think I could ever take money off of them. I have 2 step sisters who are only 9 and 12 so they love having mini treatments and my step dad is always trying to pay me for them but I swap it for services - namely them fetching stuff from round the house for me when I can't be bothered to get my bum off the sofa :)

Latest posts

Back