How much to charge for Swedish body massage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautytherapist

Reaction score
I am currently training in sweedish body massage but want to add it to my pricelist as a training price and the put it up later when i have qualified. How much do you think i should charge for a Full Swedish Body Massage? and a Swedish Back Massage?

Hiya it all depends on where you live, i charge £20.00 full body 1 hr treatment and back £10.00 20 mins hth

Back is 30 mins
Full body is 1hr and 15 mins i live in leicestershire

Are they your prices now u are qualified or are they training prices?

Yes i know it all adds up to that AFTER the consultation.

Yes i know i just thought it may have been different if your from somewhere else as times vary sometimes

I have no idea what you should charge when training but I am in london and charge £50 body 1hr 15 mins, £20 back and shoulders 20mins and £30 for 30mins. I think it is a lot of effort to give a good firm massage so really feel it is worth the money. I would charge as much as you can for this service as it is labour intensive. My college charged £20 for 30 mins back and shoulder and £28 full body 1hr while we were training.

I charge £30 for (1hr) & £15 for back massage.

Some of the best massages i have ever had have been from therapists still training :)

I charge £27 for a full body (60mins) and £19 for a back and shoulder (30mins)

Like i say it all depends on where you live. Also i agree with another geek you get the best massage when a therapist is training as they cover all the moves and are under the watch ful eye of the tutor.

i charge £20 for an hour and £12 for half an hour. massage doesnt cost hardly anything in products, so i just worked it out on how much i wanna pay myself and added abit on for oil and my car costs etc xx

Have a ring around find out what is being charged in your area mobile and salons and also get an honest opinion from someone you really trust on how good you are at the mo.Everyone will always say they feel wonderful but not tell you they felt cold or you dug your fingers in or it wasn't hard enough.Then if you know you are good you can charge a decent price and know they will probably come back and pass on a good word if you still need a lot of practice keep it cheap and they will not feel cheated and still come back then as you get better you can put your prices up.

yes depends where you live......
I charge............ £27 for 1 hour full body massage
£20 stress buster, back neck & shoulders
£35 aromatherapy 1 hour & 30 mins

I was always told by my teacher to charge £5 less than salons in town, then im mobile so fuel. Out of my area i charge fuel on top.

I do understand why people charge less than a salon when they are mobile but I charge the same as I think it is actually more of a luxury to have massage at home. :) Most home services in london (that are part of a larger company) charge premium rates for massage at home.

But as I said I can see why charging less draws some people in. It can also alienate however if it seems too low as people question whether it is a professional service.

I guess it is advisable to find a happy medium.

We charge £20.00 for a back neck and shoulder,1/2 hour and £35.00 for a full body which is an hour long.

It would be £20.00 for half an hour and £35.00 for an hour regardless of what massage they had.HTH

I do understand why people charge less than a salon when they are mobile but I charge the same as I think it is actually more of a luxury to have massage at home. :) Most home services in london (that are part of a larger company) charge premium rates for massage at home.

But as I said I can see why charging less draws some people in. It can also alienate however if it seems too low as people question whether it is a professional service.

I guess it is advisable to find a happy medium.

This is so true,when I idid mobile before,a few years ago.I really under priced myself.Big mistake.

I am in the throws of starting up a new mobile business and I will be charging almost identical prices to the salon I work in.

Latest posts

Back