How often do you bathe your children?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 12 yr old daughter practically lives in the shower & bath but she has a horse so is constantly mucking out etc. I am just glad we have 2 bathrooms or It'd be a fight to the shower! My 8 & 10 yr olds shower quite often twice a day (10yr old a bed wetter so gets up and in the shower) and my 2 yr old it honestly depends on what he's eaten. If he's grubby, which is most of the time at the minute, its every day, if he's not its every other day but I HATE bath time for him! I thought bath time was meant to calm kids for Finlay it makes him wild lol xx

I've always bathed mine every night as part of a routine and now there older they normally shower twice a day and my little 5 year old is still every night x

My sons both have terrible eczema :(
So much so if my son is naked / wet he will scratch his skin till it bleeds. So our HV advised to bath him twice a week. He is nearly 3, my youngest is 10 months, the same applies to him also. I make sure they both have a wash In the morning after breakfast.
The sooner his skin is clear the better x

Leely

I do mine everyday twice a day. My eldest had eczema and I found that bathing him often kept him cooler and calmer. It's gone now thank God.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Gosh, there seems to be loads of littleys with eczema. Wonder why that is - anyone know?

Gosh, there seems to be loads of littleys with eczema. Wonder why that is - anyone know?

My daughter had it when she was younger i was told it was the washing powder and her sensitive skin x

For mine it was an intolerance to milk but he grew out of it.

My eldest aged 7 every 2-3 nights he has a shower.

My youngest aged 4 has severe eczema and needs bathed every night before his wet wraps to prevent infection with his ointments to wash with.

I used to bath my daughter every night as part of her bedtime routine, but like a lot of you she has eczema so I changed it to every other night, I wash her hair every time with shampoo and conditioner as it gets tangled due to her gorgeous curls! Now she's 3 I've started giving her showers which are quicker and she loves them, she stands at the back of the shower whilst I hose her down and giggles her head off the entire time she's in there 😄

i would say every other night for my 16month and 2 month, booth together, its easier

My friends little boy suffers terribly but she swears by exposing him to a little sun when we get it without any SPF she says 10-20 mins when its not too hot really helps him. I do think exposing bambinos to a few germs and bit of dirt never hurt generations before us but now everything is super sterile the slightest bit can trigger certain things like asthma and eczema. That's my opinion anyway. I stopped sterilising my sons bottles gradually at about 5 months because everything else was going in his mouth and hes very rarely ill.

my 3 year old is a sweaty grubby little monster he has to b bathed every night or his bedsheets would b grey. same for babba, after a long day of spitting up milk he needs a quick dip lol x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have 3 boys and as little ones they went in every night before bed but as they got older they didn't see the need to wash every day let alone shower! My eldest being 17 now goes in everyday, middle one about twice a week mostly after rugby and youngest who is 10 it's a constant battle to get him in once a week let alone twice! Though saying that if we are going somewhere tidy they do shower and smarten up. Think the moral of my story is I need to tell them we are going out more!

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

I shower my daughter with the plug in so she can splash after. We hav ea back boiler in our house and i must admit i often forget to put the water on, it also takes so long too to heat deep enough for a bath :) i bath her every other night :)

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine go in the shower every night & in tge summer my 5yr old son goes in morning & night because he sweats so much at night & is a dirt magnet during the day!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back