How often do you wash your hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you wash your hands

• A couple of times a day

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • After every client

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • After every client and every time you go to the loo

Votes: 136 39.5%
  • Repeatedly, every time you think they need a wash

Votes: 91 26.5%
  • More often than any of the above

Votes: 96 27.9%

• Total voters

nailsbydesign

Gadget Geek
Reaction score
How many times a day do you wash your hands???

1) A couple of times a day.
2) After every client.
3) After every client and every time you go to the loo.
4) Repeatedly, every time you think they need a wash.
5) More often than any of the above.

This subject came up in a skill building class today, it will be interesting to hear what you do, as the people in the class varied quite a bit.
I seem to be forever washng mine throughout the day so mine would be number 4.

As you can see I have not figured out yet how to set up a voting poll!!!

i have a thing about washing my hands, so i wash them very very frequently.......and deffo before each client........

Amanda

No (4) for me although not obsessively just when I think they need a wash:hug:

constantly washing my hands, but this is because I have a baby I think, since she was born the skin on my hands has been dry and cracked. Hand cream just didn't work so had to get steroid cream from the doctors in the end. I probably wash my hands all time, so number 4 for me too.

I would say #4 for me also.

I also use a gel sanitizer frequently through the day while at work, its groovy, it clips on to yr trouser waistband and has a pully string on it that retracts when you let go.

number 4 for me xxx

Borderline obsessive.

number 4 for me also, i wash them before and after a client, not to mention the normal handwashing times, going to the loo etc etc.

so..... what are we 'supposed' to be doing? :wink2:

Im forever washing my hands, and always before and after a client so it has to be number 5

#4 for me too-its having babies that does it!that and the really gross advert on the telly with the woman spreading bacteria nd germs all over house and child!Eugghhhhhh!!!Gross!

number 4 for me too oh and everytime i pick my nose:twisted: (joke)

ValencianNails said:
number 4 for me also, i wash them before and after a client, not to mention the normal handwashing times, going to the loo etc etc.

so..... what are we 'supposed' to be doing? :wink2:
Mandini told us we are washing ours too often and that we are washing the natural oils out of our hands and that will leave us open to becoming sensitive to any number of things. :sad: It also makes the nails and hands very dry and no amount of hand cream will replace what we are washing out!!! She has asked us to try to cut down on the number of times we wash them to see what happens. I have tried this since I came home tonight and although I have never been aware of being an obsessive hand washer I have found it very difficult to cut it down and this is just day one!!!! We were told that it is only needed a couple of times a day:eek:

nailsbydesign said:
Mandini told us we are washing ours too often and that we are washing the natural oils out of our hands and that will leave us open to becoming sensitive to any number of things. :sad: It also makes the nails and hands very dry and no amount of hand cream will replace what we are washing out!!! She has asked us to try to cut down on the number of times we wash them to see what happens. I have tried this since I came home tonight and although I have never been aware of being an obsessive hand washer I have found it very difficult to cut it down and this is just day one!!!! We were told that it is only needed a couple of times a day:eek:

But that would b impossible-unless u were not touching any food(i.e preparing food-raw chicken!) only go to the toilet once a day-gotta spread the twince out-or should u-
a) unbutton trousers,chop raw chicken then run to the toilet?
b)wear rubber gloves all day long?
c) hire a maid and refuse to touch anything whatsoever!!!and save the 2 washes for your 2 bathroom trips a day?..........
Lol!!!:D

I wash before and after each client and after I go to the bathroom and after a smoke. Thank goodness for Solar Butter!

nailsbydesign said:
................... We were told that it is only needed a couple of times a day:eek:

Nooo - couldn't possibly do that!!! I'm either number 4 or 5 - before each client, after each client, after toilet, before touching food, after touching food and many more probably! - lol

Im obsessed! I ALWAYS wash my hands, even if its coming in from a shopping trip, from the local shop - Especially before food, I think I have obsessive compulsive disorder! But they dont really seem dry... perhaps I'm not too bad.....

fificharlie said:
Im obsessed! I ALWAYS wash my hands, even if its coming in from a shopping trip, from the local shop - Especially before food, I think I have obsessive compulsive disorder! But they dont really seem dry... perhaps I'm not too bad.....
Two of us today were just like you re after shopping etc and Amanda (Mandini) couldnt believe it!!!

Hi Guys

Here I am - definately the biggest minger on this thread!! Firstly, I would wash my hands and cool blue between clients - because that's the thing you do. But I have to say that during a general day - my hands don't get to see much soap and water - I wash up though by hand!! Crickey I hear you all say..... that's gross!

The Grand Master Geek is probably having a right old laugh at this thread too! But seriously guys - I am a really strong believer and I am not ashamed of it, that the oils in our skin are our greatest natural barrier against so many things. Poor hairdressers are a great example - they suffer alot due to overexposure to water and shampoos. It's such a touchy subject isn't it - and it really raises a question about general cleanliness etc ... as some of you know I spend 3 months of the year in Argentina (don't worry, they have soap!), but my goodness me, there is a noticeable lack of allergies - both on the skin or internally..... lots of outdoors, lots of kids kicking a ball around - lots of eating with fingers and they actually have a type of tea that they share - you drink it through a straw.....!!

I look under my kitchen cupboard and see Cif, bleach, bathroom cif, cream cif, spray cif, Mr Muscle this that and the other....Have Unilever brainwashed us - because I see people living without ALL this **** (maybe some) - and they seem to be living allergy free.

I'm scared guys writing this - it's very personal and I've never been involved in such a dodgy debate......but I strongly believe that one of my students "reactions" on her hands and arms is from over washing her hands, not overexposure to nail products....

LET THE DEBATE BEGIN!!!

Mandini said:
Here I am - definately the biggest minger on this thread!!
pmsl Amanda....
I'm going to give the 'minger thing' a try and see if my skin improves from the dry state it seems to be in.
looking forward to seeing how many more 'mingers' we have on here :D xx

Soz mandini for causing people to think you are a minger!!:lol: I am the culprite for this thread. I have a nasty itchy rash on my for arm and my hands are very dry and have been very sad of late thinking I may be sensitive to L & P or dust. We got chatting today and Amanda noticed (the clever girl that she is) that I wash my hand's a lot I mean probably a 5 a bit obsessive about it and she is thinking that I have stripped my hands/Arms of the natural oils in my hands which is now causing me to have a reaction to dust etc.... I have to say it makes sense although not sure how much I can cut down washing of my hands and will I ever replace the oils lost. No amount of lotions and potions I put on Hydrate my hands for long.......

Well Done Maralyn (Mum) for doing this... Let the debate continue.......:eek:

Latest posts

Back