How often do you wash your hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you wash your hands

• A couple of times a day

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • After every client

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • After every client and every time you go to the loo

Votes: 136 39.5%
  • Repeatedly, every time you think they need a wash

Votes: 91 26.5%
  • More often than any of the above

Votes: 96 27.9%

• Total voters
got to say i agree with Mandini...its the same with kids....some people are fanatical about bathing every night and washing there hands all the time....and they are always ill. Years ago there wasn't all these bugs about...in the days before showers. I wash my hands after the loo and thats it. Unless working then its after and before every client and cool blue both me and the client. I think there is being clean and then there is being over clean without need.

So hands up i am a minger too.....lol xxx

If you guys could hear me laughing my head of now! Not because I've found a supporter (thanks Angie!), but because I just can't help thinking that when I ever have the pleasure of meeting you lot one day - you're not going to shake my hand...... and if you do - you'll suddenly disappear to the bathroom!!!

Maybe it's not the amount of times we wash our hands, but WHAT we wash our hands with - antibacterial gels etc - the chemicals can't possibly be good for our skin.

Having said that, I'm a bit obsessive about it and particularly where the kids are involved - I'm paranoid they'll all get worms if they don't wash their hands the minute they get home from school!!

Don't forget - water is a chemical - it is neutral, our skin is acid...

Nail Chick said:
- I'm paranoid they'll all get worms if they don't wash their hands the minute they get home from school!!
This is what I was worried about!!

ok then i own up....im a minger too. i use cool blue before every client and every client has to use cool blue too.
oh course i wash my hands after using the loo.
after washing up my hands feel itchy and very dry... cool blue again and they're fine.

Because I used to work with old people some with MRSA I used to have to wash my hands about 50 times per shift, and proper wash too - inbwtween fingers etc... loads of soap, plus sanitiser. My hands were awful and dry!!
Don't wash them much now at home just uses sanitiser.

ValencianNails said:
pmsl Amanda....
I'm going to give the 'minger thing' a try and see if my skin improves from the dry state it seems to be in.
looking forward to seeing how many more 'mingers' we have on here :D xx

I wanna know Sandi what happens xxxx

ok who on here knows how to start a PROPER POLL so we can vote?????

nailsbydesign said:
ok who on here knows how to start a PROPER POLL so we can vote?????
can you edit your first post on advanced mode?
Premium Geeks can do polls so you should have the option to add one.

Right have now figured it out and created a new thread with a poll so you can all vote for what you do re washing your hands:D

I am with Mandini and the other mingers on this one.....
Cool blue is a little bathroom in a bottle and keep me and my clients safe..that and a hand wash inbetween them...
In my everyday life I am a minger then.....
Now lets face it, money is one of the most dirtiest things we can handle and how many rush of to wash their hands, when they have payed for something, even go on an all day shopping trip and not worry.....
well I am a minger and proud of it, but I also have natural oils as a barrier on my hands too....... So not all is lost.....

i have to join in here!
i have had the pleasure of rooming with manda quite a few times on our travels and i must say that apart from riding horses in her sleep and the people at the end of her bed (dont ask!), she defo doesnt smell and is not a minger!
as for me, i dont feel right or awake if i dont have a quick shower in the morning, i cleanse and moisturise etc 90% of the time but i have turned 40!, and i always wash hands after loo and b4 each client, cool blue is gorge as well.
however... i only wash my hair once a week, and unless im preparing food or touching a client, i dont rush to wash my hands every 5 mins.
as a beauty therepist and a hairdresser i witness how damaging soap and water can b, so im defo on manda side on that one.
also the situation with the obsession with kids and cleanliness. my kids bath or shower every day, and i make sure they wash their hands b4 eating and after loo, but if they play in the mud up the park im not going to have a nervous breakdown!
x

Ok have added the poll to this thread now, should be interesting......

Thanks Ruth - and thanks Liza for saying I'm not really a minger! Come on other mingers - don't be shy

Well I definitley wash mine more than I should - even when I don't need to one of the first things I do when I come in from shopping is wash my hands - then I go swimming 3 times a week and have a shower everyday - but there again I'm obsesive about allsorts of things such as not being able to eat the Bertie Bassett men - they were all stashed - about 500 of themin a box - but hubby threw them away - he hasn't managed to get rid of the 900 or so dummys I have - oh and by the way even though George was 4 last week I still sterilse them.

i wash my hands b4 each client and cool blue the both of us.

If im not working i wash them in the morning and after loo and stuff and thats it.

I wont tell you what i used to pick up in the horses stable, out of the shavings WITHOUT my gloves on:D moons ago before i used to do and wear nail enhancements!

DOUBLE MINGER.

Amb xxx

I have to say I am the same as Angie thi is all true in my eyes.

Sorry I am a minger aswell LOL!!!!!:D

Caz xxx

NailStyle said:
got to say i agree with Mandini...its the same with kids....some people are fanatical about bathing every night and washing there hands all the time....and they are always ill. Years ago there wasn't all these bugs about...in the days before showers. I wash my hands after the loo and thats it. Unless working then its after and before every client and cool blue both me and the client. I think there is being clean and then there is being over clean without need.

So hands up i am a minger too.....lol xxx

*JOANNE* said:
number 4 for me too oh and everytime i pick my nose:twisted: (joke)
you meen you dont when you pick your nose:D Sorry hun couldn't resist that.
Number 4 for me to. other job as a taxi driver meens you handle money quite a bit and that makes your hands black.

I as so funny about washing my hands, i wash them all the time, its taking over my life LOL X

Latest posts

Back