How old were you when you had your first baby?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the bigger picture is not financial, if every couple have more that 2 children the population is going to grow exponentialy there will not be enough resources for everyone no matter how much money we have, but on a smaller scale I do worry about money /time etc, my dad is a compulsive gambler money was always an issue as a child but in a way it has made me a better person, as I'm very aware of what I have and how I got it from my own hard work, im not a wasteful person.

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh Hun 😓 have you spoken to your GP?

I had my first when I'd just turned 30! Had to meet the right man. But have always wanted children. I'll be turning 32 in a couple of months and hoping to start trying for No.2 in the next few months!
X

Yea going through all the test process ATM soo frustrating!! I'm 30 in couple weeks! X

Well I'm happy to say I am not one of those people. Yes I get child benefit for 8 of my children, as my eldest is in higher education, but I would never deliberately sponge off the state. We do not live in a mansion, we actually live in a 3br semi detached and using the dining room as a 4th bedroom. Have done for the past 6 years. We have never expected anything to be handed on a plate and pay our taxes like everyone else.

What's turned into someone asking about a good age to have a baby, has now turned into taxpayer, I pay for your kids, housing etc BS. Perhaps in future it's best to stay on topic, as these comments help no one..

Jah Love

Relax! It's a healthy debate! Nothing personal... It's obvious you are not one of these people and I am not for one moment suggesting you are!

I merely made a point in line with the conversation and in relation with what was said before it! You also contributed to the direction of the conversation as well!

My comment was generally an opinion and one I include myself in as well- if I have 4 kids then that costs the state significantly more than someone with 1?!

But yes I agree... Back on topic!

Last edited:
Can this thread go back to its original topic .. As people are getting offended and its turning into a debate rather than a nice, fun thread! Its going to end up closed down!!

We'll become like China before long. I just can't see how you can benefit from having nine children. Maybe people hope that at least one of them would look after the parent in old age! Who knows.... I'd be interested to spend a Christmas day watching a household with nine children. .ha ha. I still maintain the older ones look after the younger ones which i think is unfair. Anyhow we all have personal opinions and we should be allowed to speak freely without everyone getting upset by what they don't like to read.. what is the point of this forum if we all agree, just to keep the peace.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

We'll become like China before long. I just can't see how you can benefit from having nine children. Maybe people hope that at least one of them would look after the parent in old age! Who knows.... I'd be interested to spend a Christmas day watching a household with nine children. .ha ha. I still maintain the older ones look after the younger ones which i think is unfair. Anyhow we all have personal opinions and we should be allowed to speak freely without everyone getting upset by what they don't like to read.. what is the point of this forum if we all agree, just to keep the peace.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not upset, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I cannot be offended by simple minds. How we benefit from having 9 children? What a ridiculous question. I'm not even going to bother answer it. How we live and our beliefs, are totally different to the next person. I am a Mother Earth, hence we go forth and multiply. I nurture my children and they are respectful and loving individuals. I could ask for no more. I do not burden my older children with their younger siblings. We as a family are One Love and united, so please save your pity for someone that needs it.

As for Christmas - we as Rasta do not celebrate this made up day. Our festivities are celebrated at other times of the year. Unfortunately they are not recognised in the UK.

Enough of this Babylonian rubbish talk. I'm off to dish out INI family ital rice and peas and vegetables.

I'll stick to ini Rasta forum from now on. There we are not frowned or looked down upon.

Rastafari

I'm not upset, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I cannot be offended by simple minds. How we benefit from having 9 children? What a ridiculous question. I'm not even going to bother answer it. How we live and our beliefs, are totally different to the next person. I am a Mother Earth, hence we go forth and multiply. I nurture my children and they are respectful and loving individuals. I could ask for no more. I do not burden my older children with their younger siblings. We as a family are One Love and united, so please save your pity for someone that needs it.

As for Christmas - we as Rasta do not celebrate this made up day. Our festivities are celebrated at other times of the year. Unfortunately they are not recognised in the UK.

Enough of this Babylonian rubbish talk. I'm off to dish out INI family ital rice and peas and vegetables.

I'll stick to ini Rasta forum from now on. There we are not frowned or looked down upon.

Rastafari

Come on....Let's not fall out... Don't leave! No one is looking down on you! It's just opinion only and we are generalising anyway. It doesn't mean anyone's simple minded, it's just opinion.

Oh and it's got nothing to do with your religion either, Believe it or not I was actually born Rastafarian too! Although I have never practised, my mum was only 20 and her and my dad went through a phase I think! Although my birth records say rasta nonetheless

Rastafari

We are all different individuals hence why we all have our different beliefs and opinions, Virtues was not trying to offend you in anyway and we all have our own personalities and text can be misunderstood.
We are just simply discussing finances and children.
As for the comment about "Christmas is a made up day" I feel quite offended, I'm sorry but it goes both ways I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if I said that your beliefs are made up. I only feel offended because I was born into being an Orthodox Christian and would never say such a thin about other religious reviews.
Anyways back to the original topic!
Peace & love xx

It was me that put this off topic, if one of the admins would like to split this into a new thread that would be good thanks, as people do seem to want to discuss this

It was me that put this off topic, if one of the admins would like to split this into a new thread that would be good thanks, as people do seem to want to discuss this

Sounds like a plan....

Would be great to have a separate topic :) xx

I could start a new thread but would like the comment for this one, :) I have reported it hopefully it will get spilt

We are all different individuals hence why we all have our different beliefs and opinions, Virtues was not trying to offend you in anyway and we all have our own personalities and text can be misunderstood.
We are just simply discussing finances and children.
As for the comment about "Christmas is a made up day" I feel quite offended, I'm sorry but it goes both ways I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if I said that your beliefs are made up. I only feel offended because I was born into being an Orthodox Christian and would never say such a thin about other religious reviews.
Anyways back to the original topic!
Peace & love xx

Your absolutely right, and I apologise for this. I did not mean to offend you or anyone else.

It was the question 'how does having 9 children benefit me' and palming the younger children off on the older children. This was a personal attack as I'm the only one I've seen on here that has 9 children. It was nothing to do with finances etc. I interpreted it as someone turning their nose up at me.

I will not go on about it though.

One love

Come on....Let's not fall out... Don't leave! No one is looking down on you! It's just opinion only and we are generalising anyway. It doesn't mean anyone's simple minded, it's just opinion.

Oh and it's got nothing to do with your religion either, Believe it or not I was actually born Rastafarian too! Although I have never practised, my mum was only 20 and her and my dad went through a phase I think! Although my birth records say rasta nonetheless

Give thanks Hazeleyes. I thoroughly enjoy this site, so unless I get banned, I will still pop on here :)

Jah love

I was 17 when I had my first. 23 when I had my second. In answer to the finance question, I had to go back to work quickly. I've found I had to work more after my second to maintain our lifestyle with mortgage etc. The thing that annoys me is that I feel judged by other mums as I work so many hours to provide them with a decent life?!!! And it's down to sexism as men aren't looked down upon for working full time to support their family. Hmmmmf!!!

Your absolutely right, and I apologise for this. I did not mean to offend you or anyone else.

It was the question 'how does having 9 children benefit me' and palming the younger children off on the older children. This was a personal attack as I'm the only one I've seen on here that has 9 children. It was nothing to do with finances etc. I interpreted it as someone turning their nose up at me.

I will not go on about it though.

One love

That's okay :D xxxx

I was 17 when I had my first. 23 when I had my second. In answer to the finance question, I had to go back to work quickly. I've found I had to work more after my second to maintain our lifestyle with mortgage etc. The thing that annoys me is that I feel judged by other mums as I work so many hours to provide them with a decent life?!!! And it's down to sexism as men aren't looked down upon for working full time to support their family. Hmmmmf!!!
Fully respect mothers that work!! You're only giving your children their needs :) xx

Good on you for working hard for your children !! A lot of people like the term 'full time mummy' and that's fine if you have a millionaire husband or family money but good on you for providing and doing everything to give your children the life you feel they deserve !

Don't let anyone's opinion on your hard working ethic get you down xx

You'll always get those that judge you for working and those that judge you for being a stay at home mum. These people's opinions aren't worth you even thinking about. All that matters is that you love, care and support your children, emotionally and financially which you clearly do lovely :)

Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks ladies. I just hope my girls understand why I work so hard and can't make every school play etc. I'm hoping one of them will join me in the salon one day :)

Lynn amber I read an article about population growth etc, I will try find it.
I know in my area the last census predicted that by 2020 their will be more retired people than working people. That's because people are having less children whilst we have a rapidly ageing population, that live longer due to better medical care.So it's looking like we are not going to have enough people to look after the older generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back