How old were you when you had your first baby?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I am from Melbourne too!!
Melbourne & Sydney are generally more expensive that the other states.
And yes the wages here are much higher but the downside is that everything keeps rising in price.
I wanted to move to London and a few British backpackers told me not to unless I am loaded with money!!
Accountants can potentially earn a lot of money here depending on experience and etc but I'm sure if he loves your daughter he will stay so nothing to worry about ��
Xxx

:hug: Thing is, my daughter has always been a globe trotter and was no stranger to Australia plus most of the rest of the planet BEFORE she met him, so he wouldn't have to drag her kicking and screaming!! :wink2:

Seriously, though, any parent who genuinely cares about their offspring and ultimately just wants them to be happy will go along with whatever they decide they want most. The biggest rub of all would be very limited involvement with any grandchildren, as you have these visions of having them over to stay, going to their school plays etc etc.

Hmmmm ... maybe if I cook an extra specially good xmas roast, complete with Yorkshire pudding (something my daughter tells me they hadn't got a clue about and like) ...... :lol:

He still owns a large house in Melbourne and they've bought a place in London for now, although even his mother was shocked at London property prices, especially in view of the size of property there. It is all relative, though, isn't it? :hug:

Last edited:
I'm 23 and don't have any children, the thought scared the bejesus out of me!
I'm no where near ready, I'd love to get married, I'd get married tomorrow if the other half would get off his ass an propose lol! But children won't be on the cards for a long long time, I'd like to live my own life an do what I want for a few more years yet. Saying that I'm crap with children, people like to hand me their babies all the time an it gives me such bad anxiety when holding them that I try an avoid it as much as possible! I'm all right with them when they're a little older but under the age of one they just terrify me! Ohh an the lack of sleep is a major turn off for me, I need at least 8-12 solid hours a night or I'm a right grumpy cow as writing this it's making me think hmm maybe I can get away with never having kids.... Xxxxxx

Lol no!
If you make $2k in a week in Australia you'll be really comfortable and won't have to worry, if you make anything less and have kids to feed you'll be stressed. We pay heaps of taxes
Petrol here is $1.60 per a litre and a packet of cigarettes and now $20-$26

Well petrol here is £1.30 per litre, cigarettes are about £8-£10. So it's all relevant really your minimum wage is double ours! but 2000 a week is like 1000 here :eek: most people are lucky to get that a month here!

I'm 23 and don't have any children, the thought scared the bejesus out of me!
I'm no where near ready, I'd love to get married, I'd get married tomorrow if the other half would get off his ass an propose lol! But children won't be on the cards for a long long time, I'd like to live my own life an do what I want for a few more years yet. Saying that I'm crap with children, people like to hand me their babies all the time an it gives me such bad anxiety when holding them that I try an avoid it as much as possible! I'm all right with them when they're a little older but under the age of one they just terrify me! Ohh an the lack of sleep is a major turn off for me, I need at least 8-12 solid hours a night or I'm a right grumpy cow as writing this it's making me think hmm maybe I can get away with never having kids.... Xxxxxx

I feel similar but im 32 , im good with other peoples kids but I like to hand the back, yes I also need my sleep, part of the reason I don't have any don't think I have the energy for them :-(

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I was 17 but sadly my daughter passed away when she was 10 days old this was 20 yrs ago I have had another 5 children .

I had my first baby at the age of 30 he was born 1.1.13 I turned 31 yesterday and my next baby is due 10.4.14. Not planned but everything happens for a reason. You know when you want babies but sometimes you don't get a choice, life throws things at you that you can't explain and it can turn out to be very exciting xx

I had my first baby at the age of 30 he was born 1.1.13 I turned 31 yesterday and my next baby is due 10.4.14. Not planned but everything happens for a reason. You know when you want babies but sometimes you don't get a choice, life throws things at you that you can't explain and it can turn out to be very exciting xx

I read that wrong, I thought you said you had your first baby at the age of 30 & he had just turned 31 & now your expecting again.

Hahaha !! Xx

I was 17 but sadly my daughter passed away when she was 10 days old this was 20 yrs ago I have had another 5 children .

Aww :( bless your baby girl. x

I was 22 when I had my son (I am 24 now). He is a cheeky boy <3

I had mine at 17,19,23,24,25,27,29,32 & 35. I wouldn't change a thing. My children have made me who I am today and still happy with my partner who feels the same. I'm 36 now so who knows, there may still be time for another bundle of joy:)

One Love

I had mine at 17,19,23,24,25,27,29,32 & 35. I wouldn't change a thing. My children have made me who I am today and still happy with my partner who feels the same. I'm 36 now so who knows, there may still be time for another bundle of joy:)

One Love

Oh my! Wow! Someone sure is busy!
That is wonderful. Children are such gifts and you have 9!!!!

One Love

You're either completely insane and haven't realised it yet or you are the most selfless human being around. I don't know how you do it. :eek:

Hope you and your brood all stay happy and healthy. :hug:

You're either completely insane and haven't realised it yet or you are the most selfless human being around. I don't know how you do it. :eek:

Hope you and your brood all stay happy and healthy. :hug:

Ha ha this is my worst nightmare!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ha ha this is my worst nightmare!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol! No kidding. Didn't think it would be something you want to relate to.

They're going to be your new neighbours. Fancy a spot of babysitting?

I'm 34 and for the first time in my life I would like kids! I used to be like, 'If I got pregnant I'd keep him/her, but I can't imagine planning a baby' but now I would like a family. I come from a family of three sisters and we had a laugh growing up so I'd like that for my future children. However, things happen for a reason and you never know what life throws at you. At 24 I was living with an asshole in rented accommodation and went out clubbing all the time, so a baby wouldn't have been right at all! I love reading everyone's stories on this thread.

Had my 1st at 21 2nd at 23 and 3rd at 24 3 gorgeous girls all born in the same week in November,

Don't think there is ever the right time as long as your happy, jobs are secure financially ready and have a roof over your head go for it.
It's the hardest and most rewarding thing you can ever do.

Good luck x

I always thought my 'perfect age' was 24! But I turn 23 in March and couldn't imagine being pregnant in a year or two !!! I always wanted to be a reasonably young mum and my bf is 25 so would happily have one any day now especially as we are the only couple in his group of friends without any but its just not the right timing ! I'm studying again and we have no money for a house never mind a house and baby!!

How all you ladies done it so young I'll never know but well done !!xxx

I was just 28 when I had my first and I'm pregnant with #2 and she will arrive within days of my 36 birthday.
Sometimes wish I had these 2 closer together as carrying it this late is a little rough (tougher then when I was 28)
But you can only go with what you get.
Good luck which ever way things go for you.

Last edited:
I had mine at 17, 18, 20 & 24, I became a granny aged 33 & a step mum to 3 more aged 29. I'm 43 now and my younger 3 are still living at home along with my step daughter aged 21, all my children have special needs, Zoe my first has severe psriosis and psoriatic arthritis, Tiffany my 2nd has cerebral palsy, Jack my 3rd has adhd and Max my 4 th has reduced vision and autism.
It's been tough at times but I wouldn't change a thing :cool:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had mine at 17, 18, 20 & 24, I became a granny aged 33 & a step mum to 3 more aged 29. I'm 43 now and my younger 3 are still living at home along with my step daughter aged 21, all my children have special needs, Zoe my first has severe psriosis and psoriatic arthritis, Tiffany my 2nd has cerebral palsy, Jack my 3rd has adhd and Max my 4 th has reduced vision and autism.
It's been tough at times but I wouldn't change a thing :cool:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

U sound like an incredible mum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back