How stupid!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJoPearce

Reaction score
The salon I have been working in (saturday's only) have gone an booked me in a set of nails for Friday for a Mother of the Bride. I dont work fridays!!

It's sod's law as well, that I cannot get anyone to have the girls. Whole family are on holiday and my bestmate son has chickenpox. I offered to do them on thursday night instead as not to let her down and asked if they could call her back and re arrange, but no, they didn't take her number. How STUPID!!!

This lady is going to turn up on friday for her nails to be done and at the moment I'm not going to be there. I'm trying my hardest to get someone to have them but feel let down by the salon as they know my situation.

Hiya

Is this lady related to any of the salons clients..maybe you can contact her that way
If not..Is any of her wedding party booked in during that week for treatment..its down to the salon..They need to sort it out

Good Luck

Jenx

have a word with the salon - get them to alter the appointment?x

I have just started in a fab new hair salon. I always insist on making my own appointments so that if there is any confusion I can sort it. When the salon gets things wrong, you can't say too much cause you won't know exactly who made the error.

I gave up with badly taken appointments so insist on speaking to the client myself by getting them to call me direct or leaving a number for me to phone them.

wonder if there are any nail geeks on here in your area who could help you out and do them for her..?

this isnt your fault and so you shouldnt feel bad...:hug: xx

As far as I know she was a walk in and booked for Friday. Not used the salon before.

I know it's down to the salon but still does reflex on me in the long run. I might do what Chris has recommended and book my own appointments. Chris can you let us know how this works for new clients, Is it that the salon passes on your number.

I just feel bad for the lady as she is going to have a big weekend ahead of her. I know my mum would not have liked it the day b4 my wedding.

I know it's down to the salon but still does reflex on me in the long run. I might do what Chris has recommended and book my own appointments. Chris can you let us know how this works for new clients, Is it that the salon passes on your number.

AS a Professional Salon owner, they should pass your number out to the clients when they call in to the salon.
It doesn't benefit them if they don't. You lose clients and then they might lose you .
But....
It is not their obligation to give you new clients. If you are a self employed, You get your own by advertising. Word of mouth, and referrals should keep you busy enough.

I have had something similar happen to me before. Its a difficult situation as although someone at the salon has made a mistake they are doing you are a favour by taking the appointments.

IMO the person that made the appointment should take responsibility for the mistake (not taking phone number) and in no way blame you when telling the client.

I had a client book in before at the salon then turned up at the wrong time, it was the clients fault but she insisted it was our fault. I didn't make the appointment, someone else did but they told client it was ME that she spoke to and it was MY fault. Client then thought I was a liar :grr::grr:

In an ideal world I would sort out my clients appointments but when im not in the salon or in treatment how on earth would I do it ?!

I would make sure that when the client turns up the salon they make the client aware it was there error & not yours.

Chris can you let us know how this works for new clients, Is it that the salon passes on your number.
I always make sure there is a supply of my business cards in the salon, ideally on the reception desk. For new clients, I ask the salon to get the client to call me direct or for the salon to take the client's number and pass it on to me immediately.

This works well and the clients are happy with the arrangement too.

Not your fault here so don't feel guilty. If the arrangement is that the salon makes bookings for you then it goes without saying that of course telephone contact details should have been taken. People do fall ill sometimes, apart from anything else, and it would be courteous to be able to let the client know rather than tell them when they show up.

Assuming there is absolutely no way of contacting her, is there any way that you could accommodate her at your house if you live nearby? Personally I would get the salon to re-direct her to you, you can keep an eye on your girls, and I would give the lady a discount for the inconvenience and a voucher giving her a discount off any subsequent treatments with you. You need to make sure the situation has been explained properly to her. If I was her, I think I would appreciate the honesty, and the fact that you were prepared to put yourself out by working a day when you wouldn't normally work and interrupting your home schedule for her, because you appreciate the importance of the occasion.

And I would definitely have a word with the salon so the situation doesn't arise again. As has already been said, one of your business cards needs to be given to her at her time of booking, and her contact details definitely should be taken.

Good luck.

hth x

Its one of those lessons learned about what should have happened but it doesnt really help you in this situation does it.

What would the girls be like if you took them into the salon with you on Friday as it looks like you have no other way of contacting the client.

I am sure that the client would prefer this than you not being there when she turns up.

Good luck - let us know what happens.

This can be a major problem when you don't book your own appointments, I know from experience unfortunately.
I have had to go to work and arrange childcare when this has happened. I could not let people down this way, especially when it was an important event like a wedding.
Drum it into the people that take your appointments that without a number you cannot make a booking.
Fill your appointment book in in advance with the dates you are available and make sure that you only take other bookings personally.
A bit like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted but I can't think of anything else to do than offer the job to another tech or why not ask the receptionist to look after the kids as she was so willing for you to work that day?:)
Hope you can sort something out. There must be a geek willing to help.

Thanks everyone. I'm trying to get hold of a friend that i a last resort but not sure if she works on Fridays. If not then the girls will have to come to the alon. Not ideal at all but what else can I do.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Finally, I have got a friend to look after the girls, so this poor lady wont be let down.

I also spoke to the salon and have arranged that I will arrange my own appointments, so left some cards for them to give out. So, if there is a problem, it will be down to me.

So glad you have managed to sort it out! Well done you. x

Whew!!..glad things worked out for you. Hopefully this will be a long standing client for you. :wink2:

Latest posts

Back