how to achieve the perfect finish on feet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariaaland

Reaction score
okay my question is this. how do you get the feet to be smooth and soft after a pedicure and have it remain that way for at least a day. or is that too much to ask? reason is that when i do a pedicure i notice that by the end of the treatment and at polishing, the feet especially the heels feel a bit dry. i use foot creams and i use moisturing lotions, i use ez flows pedicure scrubs and pumic stone and they feel nice and clean and smooth when i am finished with the buffing and scurbbing but once out of the water and after a few minutes they go dry and i always have to apply one last bit of foot cream before they leave out. my greatest fear is that by the time they get home they will feel as though they never got a pedicure.:irked: help!!! the foot cream i use is "sole food" and i also use teregens foot softner

any and every suggestion is welcome!!

Have to say my feet are like pigs ears but after a spa pedicure they stay soft for about a week. Can't say ive ever had a client go away with dry feet, but i use massage oil and cucumber heel therapy and make sure i remove all that dead skin. All the ingrediants in the spa pedicure are made to penetrate and condition the skin. I use a nikel callus smoother for getting rid of the dead skin and use this when the feet are dry.

HTH

I also use Creative's Spa Pedicure line and never have anyone leave with dry feet. I don't use the massage oil or silk for the massage - I use the cucumber heel therapy or SolarButter for the massage. The nickel callus smoother is great for rough areas!

I use Creative spa pedicure line as well, but today my order came in from Haken, so I'm going to give that a try.

Are you using a pumice stone to remove the dead, rough skin? If you are, my best piece of advice is, THROW IT OUT!! Get yourself a credo blade, kinda looks like a veg peeler. Take that and "peel" all the callus off, usually the heal, where you get dry cracked skin. Then get a real good foot file, and file with the rough side first, then the fine side. After filing, I usually exfoliate the skin with a salt or sugar scrub, rinse, apply a foot mask, rinse, moisturize, then I use the massage oil. Done! Feet will stay soft for aleast a week. It usually works better if you use all one product line. They work together, instead of mixing and matching.

Hope this helps.

pamperedpinkies said:
Are you using a pumice stone to remove the dead, rough skin? If you are, my best piece of advice is, THROW IT OUT!! Get yourself a credo blade, kinda looks like a veg peeler. Take that and "peel" all the callus off, usually the heal, where you get dry cracked skin. Then get a real good foot file, and file with the rough side first, then the fine side.

I was under the impression that a Credo blade is illegal to use by anyone else except a Podiatrist???
At least in the most of the states and in Canada it is.
Is this different in the UK?

Credo blade is not allowed to be used in most states(US),but in Canada is used in most provinces(including Alberta).Personally I never use them as I don't beleive that slicing a callus will help in any way.It will grow back,even thicker. I believe in old fashion foot file,calus remover , some elbow grease and good mosturizing lotion.I also advise my clients to use their foot file at home between appointments(rough side first on dry feet and smooth side after shover or bath and foot cream to follow)so there is no need for Credo blade .

The rule is smooth, don't remove,

has been discussed on here many times, have a search. In some US states it is legal only for podiatrists, but not in all states.

If you 'cut' the protective skin away the body will react to protect the area by making the skin faster, thicker and harder.

Using a good callus remover with a callus smoother will give you the best long term result ;)

You say you use the EzFlow scrubs, do you not use the EzFlow lotions? There are 2 in the Spa Elements range and you can use them both, one after the other and they are really lovely - perhaps you could try these?

Like other people have said i also use the Creative callus smoother, although the rasp that comes with the EzFlow kit is good too.

I agree, all Credo Blades should be banned !

The skin just grows back with a vengeance and to be honest, if someone came close to be with a blade, I'd run a mile. :Scared: :Scared:

If you find that the clients heels are still dry after a pedicure it could be because you haven't removed all the dead skin or that they foot cream that you are using at the moment isn't "suitable".

As mentioned, use a good quality foot file / buffer, some elbow grease and a good quality foot moisturiser or lotion and your clients will be skipping out of your salon.

Marlise

hi i use the ezflow spa pedicure lijn en its super if you use the hole line.Its a 5 step pedicure ant its moisturing cream is the best so use he hole line ant your feety,s wil bi fine:smack: :green: Greetings daniella

Wow! didn't realize everyone hated a credo so much! Wonder why they teach it in school then? Lots of spa's down here use credo's, no one seems to complain about it.

When I use mine on myself, my skin doesn't grow back harder and thicker, it takes over 2months before my skin gets hard again, then all I use is a foot file, no need to use the credo. The only time I use a credo, is when there feet are so thick with callus, and the skin is all cracked, other then that it is a foot file with lots of elbow grease, moisturizer, etc.,

I recently finished my pedicure training in the UK and we were told that Beauticians in the UK can no longer use blades to remove skin - only trained chiropodists.

We were also taught not to remove all the hard skin as it exists to protect the area.

I think sometimes we are expected to be miracle workers as pedicurists, I also think some people see us as the cheap answer to podiatrists.

I work within a time limit and if I can't smooth all the dead skin then I advise the client should have a course of pedicures teamed up with homecare ( easy way to retail). I just look at them and ask if they had rough dry skin on their face what would they do? The answer is usually exfoliate and moisturise. So I say that why should it be different on their feet and hands, regular exfoliation and moistuirsing will soften hard, dry skin ... and it will stop it from ever coming back. No need for blades at all, and even my podiatrist said this to me, if you take the time to look after it then dry, hard skin can be prevented. And prevention is better than cure!

pamperedpinkies said:
I use Creative spa pedicure line as well, but today my order came in from Haken, so I'm going to give that a try.

Are you using a pumice stone to remove the dead, rough skin? If you are, my best piece of advice is, THROW IT OUT!! Get yourself a credo blade, kinda looks like a veg peeler. Take that and "peel" all the callus off, usually the heal, where you get dry cracked skin. Then get a real good foot file, and file with the rough side first, then the fine side. After filing, I usually exfoliate the skin with a salt or sugar scrub, rinse, apply a foot mask, rinse, moisturize, then I use the massage oil. Done! Feet will stay soft for aleast a week. It usually works better if you use all one product line. They work together, instead of mixing and matching.

Hope this helps.

a credo blade!!!! i am so sorry but where i am from and how i was taught it is ILLEGAL!!! thanks for your input though, but i will pass on using the blade,, sorry

Rach said:
You say you use the EzFlow scrubs, do you not use the EzFlow lotions? There are 2 in the Spa Elements range and you can use them both, one after the other and they are really lovely - perhaps you could try these?

Like other people have said i also use the Creative callus smoother, although the rasp that comes with the EzFlow kit is good too.

i do have the ez flow spa elements kit it is actually what i was referrring to re the scrubs. The scrubs i use are from that kit... thanks very much:) i know they (the lotions) really make the feet smooth and soft, maybe its just me and my perfecting self. maybe i do need to put in some more hard work and try more mositurising. i do have a sample of creatives' spa marine gel.. how do use incorporate that in to the service though?

Sassy Hassy said:
I think sometimes we are expected to be miracle workers as pedicurists, I also think some people see us as the cheap answer to podiatrists.

I work within a time limit and if I can't smooth all the dead skin then I advise the client should have a course of pedicures teamed up with homecare ( easy way to retail). I just look at them and ask if they had rough dry skin on their face what would they do? The answer is usually exfoliate and moisturise. So I say that why should it be different on their feet and hands, regular exfoliation and moistuirsing will soften hard, dry skin ... and it will stop it from ever coming back. No need for blades at all, and even my podiatrist said this to me, if you take the time to look after it then dry, hard skin can be prevented. And prevention is better than cure!

thanks so much sassy. very good advice:)

pamperedpinkies said:
Wow! didn't realize everyone hated a credo so much! When I use mine on myself, my skin doesn't grow back harder and thicker, it takes over months before my skin gets hard again, then all I use is a foot file, no need to use the credo. The only time I use a credo, is when there feet are so thick with callus, and the skin is all cracked, other then that it is a foot file with lots of elbow grease, moisturizer, etc.,

I to use a credo and have great success with it i have clients with such dead skin problem it is a must. I have literal taken a half to one shoe size of people. Imagine a pair of feet that has been abused and never in 20-30 years had a pedicure its horrible. Think of it as a homeless person living on the streets no not living surviving on the streets u know the ones when u look at there feet they don"t have shoes and the skin looks as if u can take a knife and slice it off.

I also use it on myself about every couple of months to get rid of my build up i am usual good i keep a foot file in my shower but some times because of busy schedule i ignore my feet. And no the skin does not grow back harder. I am on sick leave now so canceled all my clients the very next pedicure i have where i have to use a blade i will document in pictures for u all to see. I don't think every one should use them i think it takes special training to learn the angle and pressure need to use it.

Tricia

Thanks for the back-up Tricia!!:green:

Like I said to, my skin doesn't grow back hard either, same as you, keep a foot file in the shower. Don't always keep a schedule on my feet either, they get neglected at times, even though I am a licensed pedicurist. They taught us that if your client has an extreme build of callus and cracked skin, use your blade to take it off. And yes, you have to be trained to use a blade!!

I also use a credo blade on my clients (only the ones that need it). The callous will not grow back even faster, if it was removed correctly. If you leave a small amount of the callous, then the body doesn't react by growing more in it's place. Used correctly it is a great tool.

i guess from this we could raise another thread on "the do's and donts of the credo blade":)

Latest posts

Back