How to cover vitiligo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbeauty35

Reaction score
Help.....! I have I client that wants to know how she can cover her white patches (vitiligo) as she is attending an event tomorrow. I have advised her to use primer and foundations that suit her skin also to apply powder. Am I right or missing something

Sent from my SM-A300FU using SalonGeek mobile app

Camouflage makeup....the kind used for tattoos.

Vitiligo is really hard to make less obvious on a day to day basis but what you've suggested to your client sounds good for self application....won't necessarily hidr the vitiligo but should make it less obvious.

Thanks for advice I have suggested her tanning aswel.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using SalonGeek mobile app

Tanning will help a lot :)

Be careful in the sun or sunbed with a patch of vitiligo, there's not enough melanin to protect it and it can't tan that way and will be more noticeable. There are creams the doctor can provide to make it less noticeable but if like me it's not on your face the customer may grow accustomed to it c

Try make-up by Vichy, really good for this type of thing. Or Dermablend :) x

Dermablend would be good, it's a camouflage make up, it is quite heavy though. I use it for my acne scarring but couldn't use it on a daily basis tbh as it feel too heavy, but I love the coverage it gives. Worth a try and can be bought in boots so easy to pick up x

Hayleyp you beat me to it! I was going to recommend that product as well. It looked really good!

Another vote for Vitiliglow! It Looked fab on dragons den

Latest posts

Back