How to deal with complaint? Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shell-Perfect10

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I've just had a text from a lady a done make up on last night saying she loved her make up but one of her strip lashes came undone at the side by 10pm and she had to go home she was so embarrassed!
I feel really bad that it ruined her night but would you really let an eyelash ruin your night? Would you not just pull them off and carry on? I really don't know what to say to her? I never gaurenteed her that the lashes would last a certain amount of time. Please help xxxx

its like any service we provide once that client leave we dont know what they are going to do! she could of had a fiddle with them been going some crazy dance moves at the party you just dont know, if future let you clients know they are temporary and you cannot guaranty how long they will last!

I would nicely let the client know that they are only temporary lashes due to sweating touching eyes etc it could of cause them to come off

I am not sure what she is expecting as you did not guarantee them and she may have rubbed or sweated them off depending on what she was up to. How many drinks had she had etc.

As long as you are confident in your own mind that they were secure when she left you then I wouldn't do anything in the way of a refund or anything silly like that. If, however you are not sure that you checked them properly then I would offer something. We have to accept that sometimes we make mistakes, mistakes that we won't make again. It is better to try to put things right in these circumstances.

I do think this lady may be overreacting a bit saying she had to go home is a bit much really. :wink2:

I charge £25 face of make up including strip lashes, there Eyelure lashes using Eyelure glue. if people don't get lashes I charge £20 so I could offer to refund her £5 although does that sound a bit cheeky?
Its never happened before and I would think that any girl it did happen to wouldn't go home!
Xxx

I charge £25 face of make up including strip lashes, there Eyelure lashes using Eyelure glue. if people don't get lashes I charge £20 so I could offer to refund her £5 although does that sound a bit cheeky?
Its never happened before and I would think that any girl it did happen to wouldn't go home!
Xxx

My reply would be. Oh no! I promise you this has never happened to any of my other ladies. What a shame you didn't realise you could just peel them of and carry on with your night.
I do feel bad for you though, so how about you letting my make it up to you and next time you come to me for a service I'll give you the strip lashes as a present, from me to you?
tbh though I do feel she was a bit of a nit going home but I'm not the shy type so I can't speak for her. I'm the sort who would have turned them into spiders and dropped them on some blokes shoulder to see him scream:biggrin:

I do lashes and I wear lashes. I also rub my eyes a lot, pick at the lashes as I've forgot I've got them in, 50% of the time I will take them off.

I don't think it's your fault, eyelashes don't really just peal off and you used good product, a night out your face can get a bit sweaty, she could of been touching them.
Even ifvthey did peal I can usually press it back down

However you can't really say that to her,
I would give her a £5 voucher to use not her money back and just explain to her.

Xx

Latest posts

Back