How to get a next treatment booked in without sounding 'pushy'?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tilly01

Reaction score
Ok, so I had my first mobile client today - yay! I was soooooo nervous, but the lady was lovely and gave me a £3 tip, and booked in for the same Luxury Mani next week too!

Obviously I want people to book their next treatment, but I don't want to just presume that they will, and don't want to sound to pushy at the end of the session.

How do you all phrase / ask if the client would like to book again without sounding desperate or too pushy?
Is there a great one liner that may be helpful to know for a newbie like me?

Any conversation tips will be greatly received!

I just get my diary out, pen in hand and say..."would you like me to book your next appointment in ?"...seems to do do the job.

I just tend to say '' Do you want me to book you in for next time just now?'' and have my diary in my hand. Normally ive found they say yes or ill call you when they know suits them.

I dont think its pushy at all, u are building a client base and need to be proactive so ask for the business each time.

xx

For those that are hesitant, try something along the lines of

"I'm sure you're a busy lady, and there are times that are more convenient for you than others. If you book in advance, you can have the best choice of what suits your schedule best. I have a very busy schedule and if you wait till the last min, you may not get the spot that fits your routine or you may have to wait longer. I'm not trying to pressure, I just want you happy"

Or something like that :green:

hth's

Last edited:
as above really. I take payment and then pick up my pen and open the diary and ask "how long would you like to wait until your next treatment?".

of course if they say not sure, I back off, but most people will say 2/3/4 weeks time and then we book it in.

At the end of the appointment I would say
"Your nails will need rebalanced in about 2 weeks. Friday morning (or tuesday afternoon, or whatever) usually fills up fast, so will I book you in now - instead of waiting till then ?"
Most folk will just nod and be grateful that it's one less thing they need to remember to do.
Don't forget to give them an appointment card..................just to be on the safe side :lol:

all my regulars are booked up to 6 months in advance so they dont loose their spot. but if i ever take a new client i simply say '' would you like to make another appointment now or would you prefer to give me a call when you see how you get on with them?'' that gives them a simple get out clause without putting them on the spot as well as giving them the opportunity to pre arrange their schedule.

Along with great advice from above :)
I have 2 week rebalance price, and higher, 3 and more week rebalance price (of course, I let them know that they cannot wait 6 weeks or more and then expect from me to just 'rebalance' at 3-4 week price, if the nails are ruined, then the full set is necessary). So the most of my clients rebook imediately for that 2 week service.

And as for pedicures and manicures, the key word is maintenance again:) nothing works and stays nice when done only once in a long period.

I ask my clients "shall i book your next appointment now so that you're all set or would you prefer to ring when you're ready?"

Most clients are grateful to have it pre-booked because otherwise they can forget.

If they don't have the money or don't want to rebook, asking if they would prefer to call when they are ready makes them feel more comfortable.

'would you like to sort out your next appointment now incase I'm unable to book you in around your timetable'
:hug:

I just get my diary out, pen in hand and say..."would you like me to book your next appointment in ?"...seems to do do the job.

Exactly what I do, it works really well. If you are just starting out it helps to write some family names in ao that your diary doesn'y look empty too:)

Exactly what I do, it works really well. If you are just starting out it helps to write some family names in ao that your diary doesn'y look empty too:)

thats really good advice...its hard when your starting out and your trying to encourage clients to book in advance 'just incase your fully booked when they want their next appointment', only to open a completely bare appointment book!!! :lol: i did this back in the day and it really helped! it also helps for them to think your in demand!!

xx

ps - i say the same as the others really...

I certainly never give them the option to ring me!

I indicate that they need to book now or risk not getting in when they would like.

hi hun i always say -
'would you like me to book you another appointment now as i get full quite quickly so it may be difficult to fit you in if you were just to ring up'.... it works 90% of the time hun as clients dont want to risk not getting an appointment ) hth's xx

At the heart of this is a new nail tech who doesn't have the confidence in themselves. That's totally understandable - everyone has trod this path.

You need to project that you are a professional who is in demand. Your time is valuable and to ensure that your clients have your time and care, you need to book them into your diary before someone else takes that slot and they are inconvenienced.

Believe in yourself and project this, and the clients will be happy knowing that their time with you is booked.

Let your guest know that you would love the oppotunity for them to be able to book their next appointment at their convenience. Recommend the time they should come back, like in 2 weeks.. Ask them if mornings or afternoons are best for them?

I simply pick up my pen and diary and say 'next fortnight at the same time suit you?' :)

I totally agree with everyone here, you just ask when they would like their next appointment. I also add that if they can only do a particular day/time that they book in even further ahead. After working for years, as I have, I can fill in next years diary all the way through with around 20 clients dates and times as they are regular. We just adjust them for holidays as they come up! I have several ladies who will give me a list in November for the following year! This is easy, we only make it difficult by assuming we are being pushy. It is part of the service really, to ensure your client has the date and time that is convenient for her! :)

Latest posts

Back