How to get to size 6? Any tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlamourGirl

Reaction score
I'm trying to lose just a little bit of weight, I haven't changed my diet its still as bad as ever, I'm such a fussy eater its hard to try anything different so following a certain diet would be difficult because most of it I probably wouldn't have.

At the moment all I do for exercise is an hour on the exercise bike each day, I'm not working so I do this to try and make up for not having an active job were most people get a lot of exercise from moving about etc.. I got the bike a year ago and so far the results have been pretty good, I was a size 10/12 before with 28 inch waist and I'm now size 8, sometimes 10 on bottom with 25 inch waist! So its worked pretty well.

I'm just wondering what more I could do to just give a little push to where I want to be, which is a size 6, I think it is fairly achieveable seeing as I'm an 8 at the moment.

Has anyone got any tips for me?

For breakfast I blend some fruit with milk, a light sandwich for lunch and either fish or chicken with a bit of rice and loads of veg. I have noticed a flatter belly and not been doing it long so it might help you. I am a 14 and want to be a 10 by xmas. Well done for doin an hour on the bike 15 mins kills me lol x x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Sometimes I do an hour on the bike all at once but it makes me a bit tired so I normally break it up, half an hour in the morning and then longer later on in the day, usually while watching the soaps! Its good because you get to watch tv at the same time so it takes your mind off exercising x

I'll say something you may not want to hear.
A size 8 is plenty slim enough. If you got to size 6 would you then think "A size 4 is attainable"?
Continue to take exercise and eat healthily.
You look lovely; don't take it any further.

Hi dandelionpoppy, I know what you mean, it can get a bit out of hand losing weight, you lose one dress size and then you feel you want to go down another, then another. I definitely wouldn't want to be a size 4 though, at 5ft 7 I think I would look really ill! My mum thinks a 6 is way too small as it is and at size 8 now she thinks I'm too thin, she'd like me to be a size 12!

Hello hun,

I would say why don't you try interval training? It's more interesting and not hard to do.

I used to do 2 mins of a comfortable pace, then one minute of totally hammering it on the bike. this gets your body constantly second guessing what you are doing, so it doesnt get familiar. You are doing less good than you think just pedalling along for an hour at a normalish pace.

Also, try to vary your exercise. Why not go out for a brisk walk every second day? That was the main way I lost weight. I got up at 7am, walked til 8am, then showered and ready for work. I actually had a great outlook, felt healthy and happy.

Good luck xx

I have to agree with Dandelionpoppy hun sorry. At 5 foot 7 a size 6 is wayyy to small :( We will always pick fault with ourselves but at your height you could carry a size 10 all day long and look amazing :D

I would perhaps aim to stay at a size 8 to 10 but work on your cardio and muscle tone rather than trying to slim further. Not body builder muscles obviously but on staying looking good at that size rather than getting any thinner xxxx

Hi dandelionpoppy, I know what you mean, it can get a bit out of hand losing weight, you lose one dress size and then you feel you want to go down another, then another. I definitely wouldn't want to be a size 4 though, at 5ft 7 I think I would look really ill! My mum thinks a 6 is way too small as it is and at size 8 now she thinks I'm too thin, she'd like me to be a size 12!

Listen to your mother.:)

Yes, listen to your mother, a size 8 is absolutely a perfect weight to be, you dont want to be a size 6 with a lolly pop head!!!!!

Take it from someone whos been underweight for most of her life (except the last 18 months, I am now a "normal" weight)

You need fuel in your body if you want to exercise, so you cant exercise if you dont eat!!!!.

Hunny, Im sure you look absolutely beautiful just the way you are, enjoy the fact that you have lost some weight and that you can wear your clothes gracefully, at a size 6, I think you are going to find it tough to find clothes that fit nicely :hug: Not trying to "mother" you :hug:

When i was in my twenties i was a size 8/10 there was no 6 and there isnt now they have just moved the clothe sizes down.I know this because i still have lots of my 80s clothes at my mums and my daughter can get in them and she is a size 6/8.

Anyway i spent all my twenties worrying i was too fat to wear this and too fat to wear that and hating photos taken.I used to do Jane Fonda all the time and ended up with a trapped nerve. Sometimes if i was going out would just drink black coffee all day and nothing else in case my stomach looked big.

I now really am overweight and i realise how stupid i was when i was slim not to believe what people were telling me, that i was perfectly fine.I wish i had enjoyed my slimness then and worn all the nice clothes i thought i looked fat in, but of course never did.If your mum is telling you you are too thin then you probably are or at least you shouldn't be losing any more.Like me in my twenties you probably do not have the right perception about yourself and are wasting your time worrying about it.

Did you know that commercial sizes are totally wrong anyway?

They have actually adjusted them a LOT since the 80's and 90's to fit with the trend of being a certain shape etc

I spent a long time doing dressmaking and corsetry and beleive me most women would cry if they saw the size the actual patterns puts them. I am a size 14 shop bought but patern wise I work out as a size 18-20!!! xxx

Did you know that commercial sizes are totally wrong anyway?

They have actually adjusted them a LOT since the 80's and 90's to fit with the trend of being a certain shape etc

I spent a long time doing dressmaking and corsetry and beleive me most women would cry if they saw the size the actual patterns puts them. I am a size 14 shop bought but patern wise I work out as a size 18-20!!! xxx

Really! thats quite a vast difference. I know everyones supposed to be getting bigger, girls now have very big boobs at a lot younger age than i remember, and feet everyones feet seem to be getting bigger.

I agree with the sizing issue anyone who has bought jeans from river island knows what I mean the sizes are all over the place! Im an 8 long every everywhere but have 8's 10's & one size 12 from their jeans collection, try not to focus on a particular size but rather on being healthy as one of the pp's said the lollipop look isn't nice & size 6 unless you are naturally thin or petite is a child's size my daughter is a size 6 because she is 13 & 4'10" you would look ill hon xx

5' 7" . Size 6 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to small.

I am 5 ' 4" and a size 8/10 . I don't get overly obsessed with clothes sizes as , like someone else said they don't mean a jot anyway.

You need to concentrate on healthy eating and a good exercise routine . Just feel comfortable with your weight - Don't get into the slimming trap for the sake of it.

When I was younger i lost weight ( not on purpose it just went down for some reason) and weighed 7 1/2 stone . It was not untill one of my husbands freinds commented on how skinny I was looking that i went to the docs about it . I was told that I was far to light for my height and build and needed to put on a least half a stone .

It worries me it really does when I read posts like this. Without knowing your build ( frame size ) and weight hard to judge but i would say that you are small enough.Don't try to loose any more

****Actually just looked at your photo and trust me you look just great as you are. You don't need to loose anything - Listen to your mother . They are always right you know :)

It's not going to be easy to get down to a 6. Even if you do get there it's quite hard to maintain if you're not a natural 6.

These are some of the things you can do:

Stop eating dinner. Just eat 2 meals a day and get used to being hungry at night.

Exercise more. Try to aim for 2 hours a day. Maybe add some weights to vary your routine.

Replace 1 - 2 meals a day with smoothies or shakes.

Do the maple syrup fast. This is where you don't eat for 7 days and purely drink a homemade maple syrup drink.

Any sane person reading this will realise this is really bad advice. But I did all of the above to be a size 6.

Looking back when I was a 6 I was still incredibly unhappy with my body. I was obsessed, I think that's quite clear from the crazy stuff above.

So even if you do get to a size 6 you will then pick on one part of your body and not be happy with that. Mine was my tummy. When I was a six I never felt slim.

It's crazy, but my unhappiest time with my body was when I was slimmest. But maybe coz I was frigging starving most the time lol.

It's all mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Believe me, even if you do manage to lose weight you still won't be happy with your body.

You're a lovely size and you want to be thinner. So you get thinner, then what? How many more calories can you cut out?

You're a lovely size, enjoy it. Love the body you're in, it's so much easier.

I'm so much happier as a person not a size 6 :)

Sorry has to be said.

Get a grip size 8 is small enough for heavens sake!!!

It's not going to be easy to get down to a 6. Even if you do get there it's quite hard to maintain if you're not a natural 6.

Stop eating dinner. Just eat 2 meals a day and get used to being hungry at night.

Exercise more. Try to aim for 2 hours a day. Maybe add some weights to vary your routine.

Do the maple syrup fast. This is where you don't eat for 7 days and purely drink a homemade maple syrup drink.

Any sane person reading this will realise this is really bad advice. But I did all of the above to be a size 6.

Looking back when I was a 6 I was still incredibly unhappy with my body. I was obsessed, I think that's quite clear from the crazy stuff above.

So even if you do get to a size 6 you will then pick on one part of your body and not be happy with that. Mine was my tummy. When I was a six I never felt slim.

It's crazy, but my unhappiest time with my body was when I was slimmest. But maybe coz I was frigging starving most the time lol.

Believe me, even if you do manage to lose weight you still won't be happy with your body.

You're a lovely size and you want to be thinner. So you get thinner, then what? How many more calories can you cut out?

Take note of the highlighted bit LOL!

DO NOT DO THE FLAMIN MAPLE SYRUP DIET YOU WILL END UP VERY ILL. Why would you recommend someone starve themselves for 7 days.

Have breakfast as soon as you wake up - weetabix, porridge museli (all 3 taste nice and are good for you)

for your breakfast have salad - boring i know but make it more interesting but small pieces of apple and cheese in or boiled egg, pickled onion etc... or even seafood.. cockles, mussels, crabsticks

drink lots of water not only is it good for your body and skin is makes you feel full.

If your hungry in between meals crabsticks have nothing in or snack on fruit

for tea have a meat and veg meal or i eat chicken breast cooked in spices (sachets from supermarket) and small bit of pasta it tastes amazing its my fave meal and is healthy.

try stir frys 2

Ohh my giddy aunt.Hun why would you do that ur tiny like tiny tiny lovely figure why would u want to make urself look ill and ur pretty damn tall to u would look ridiculous u would look like a lolly.I was a size 4 3 years ago thought I looked the bomb to be quit Frank at the time but u know wot I diddnt I was to skinny and then went to size 6 still to skinny just no need for it I'm now a 12 and pretty happy.seriously just eat healthy and exercise no more weight loss .can I ask why u want to be this skinny.eating disorders start this way I fought one for years so remember this in the back of your mined coz it can easily get out of control as I think u may be experiencing for yourself x

I think there has been some good advice and some strange advice here but not sure that it needs to carry on.

Threads like this get picked up by the search engines and you dont know who might be reading them, impressionable young girls perhaps.

I would be horrified if one of my teenage girls read something like this and said they wanted to eat nothing but maple syrup for 7 days - think of the tooth decay more than anything else LOL.

Maybe better closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back