How to handle a stolen gift voucher?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would either tell the truth that this voucher was intended for another recipient or simply say that all vouchers are sold with a code on it and that they are void without it. I would then suggest that whoever purchased it for them contact the salon as soon as possible to bring in their proof of purchase and you will replace the voucher. If there is no receipt as proof of purchase (which as you state there isn't) then you won't hear from them.

At the end of the day you need to do what you are comfortable with but I would add terms and conditions on your website now and get them on the voucher also unless you put a disclaimer on the site and in salon to say that terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice and how they currently appear on the website.

Good luck

You could say that vouchers without a code are only ever donated to charity events as prizes and would she be kind enough to let you know, for admin purposes, at which event she won it.
If she doesnt back off still do the treatment but at least she knows you're onto her!!

Sorry for the late reply!
Aftrer I emailed her to ask her to call me to discuss things I havnt heard from her! Not even an email back! So I think she must think Im on to her!
But when I hear back I will say to her its strange theres a voucher with no code on it so is it possible to give me the name of who purchased it so I can mark it in the book, and if she cant tell me a name I will tell her I cant honour it without knowing who purchased from the salon. x

Latest posts

Back