How to handle this!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hun I think you need to get this client off your books as she sounds like to me she's pulling a fast one and I bet you are not the first one she has pulled it on.
I would politely say this has never happened to you before and If she would like to come to you (her Petrol) then you will do her a free set of nails, acrylic or gels then make it clear that If they come off or are damaged again then they are not for her and you will not be doing them for her again, then turn your phone off and enjoy the rest of your holiday I think you've learnt your lesson with patch testing as someone previously said we've all made silly mistakes take it and learn from it it sounds like your doing a great job if your that busy so well done x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Reactions: TPB
Some of these comments are unnecessary. I'm sure alot of you could have replied with your opinions & advice in a less aggressive way.

Acrylics don't just come off unless poor prep or client not sticking to aftercare advice. Go through everything thoroughly with her again & see if you can gwt to the bottom of it x

Well done to the geeks who took the time to give positive and constructive feed back to this girl! This is what we need more of. Building each other up! Go girls!

Just a thought but could you when you book in for a tint arrange with the client that you will call in at a time when you are near to them at least then it's not a special journey for a 5 min app. Not sure of how large your area is but it's worth looking at to see if you can do it this way.

As far as her 'mentioning' to you about reactions and her nails coming off after you go on hols sounds to me like she's telling a few porkers, if she was at all upset about shed have been in touch straight away. Ask her for some pictures as you've never had this happen before and would like to try and work out what went wrong, if it did at all. And then you can decide what to do. If you can't get to her before your next free app then it's not your fault either, your busy and you need to be able to get home on time too.

Don't let it spoil your hoilday forget about it for now and sort it out when you get home x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry, I was trying not to reply but can't help it..

For everyone feeling that some of us have been harsh with the Op it might help if you realize that I for one responded as I did because I have seen quite a few posts from the OP now, mainly asking questions that have often been asked before and it seems that she chooses not to make the effort to do a search before asking. We all use the mobile app at times and we also all know ( or should) that Safari or Google will give you access to the full site so this is no excuse for impatience or dare I say Laziness. I would hope that a newly qualified person or a new business owner would have health and safety issues still fresh in their minds from recent training, discussions with insurers and manufacturers etc. It makes me cross when people claim to be ignorant of these requirements because they are "new to the business"

You are right when you say we should be sticking together but certainly not to the detriment of our industry. We are all supposed to be professionals so we should conduct our businesses in a professional manner. I for one am not going to molly coddle anyone who is flouting the requirements for the wellbeing of their clients. If a patch test had been done the girl would not have had to worry herself while on holiday as the situation would have been avoided. If anyone wishes to you can search and see I have often discussed patch testing in the past and also often been strongly disagreed with and also agreed with.

I am always willing to help those that are prepared to help themselves but I have advised the OP at least twice before to try using the search option, hence me reminding her to use a laptop or computer. We are here to help each other and occasionally a kick up the proverbial is as good as you are going to get. It is up to the individual how they deal with it, learn from their mistakes or not, accept the straightforward talk or not.

Tanfastic if you don't have anything positive or nice to say, why waist your time in saying anything at all. Again you could help her to understand if she wants quick and easy help there is an awesome search button on here or google is a useful tool. If you don't want to Molly coddle then don't but don't put people down with negativity. It's unhelpful. Ignore and move on from the threads that irritate you or you have read a million times.

Tanfastic if you don't have anything positive or nice to say, why waist your time in saying anything at all. Again you could help her to understand if she wants quick and easy help there is an awesome search button on here or google is a useful tool. If you don't want to Molly coddle then don't but don't put people down with negativity. It's unhelpful. Ignore and move on from the threads that irritate you or you have read a million times.

Sorry, haven't got a clue what you are on about. Since when does the truth need to be dressed up? I have read my posts over and over and to be honest you might need to use the old trick of having a smile on your face when reading. All perceived negativity disappears.

Anyway, I am sorry you think that I am being such an ogre but that is your point of view, I stand by what I said. Maybe it is time to take this to PM if you have anything further to add as we are actually now hi-jacking this thread, OP has had her questions answered.

Sorry, haven't got a clue what you are on about. Since when does the truth need to be dressed up? I have read my posts over and over and to be honest you might need to use the old trick of having a smile on your face when reading. All perceived negativity disappears.

Anyway, I am sorry you think that I am being such an ogre but that is your point of view, I stand by what I said. Maybe it is time to take this to PM if you have anything further to add as we are actually now hi-jacking this thread, OP has had her questions answered.

If you feel that way fair enough, but I am merely asking for help and you seemed to be more concerned about a search bar and negative feedback. when I explained I'm on holidays it was bothering me hence the quick question, limited wifi here as there's bad Internet signal. But I didn't want to spend my holidays in a search engine reading up when I knew there are nice people on here 24/7 willing to help and explain! Anyways I don't want to waste time getting into a debate over this, your harsh comments just haven't helped. I've taken on board the advice etc. it just seems pointless because what you mentioned caused a ruckus because you couldn't have much nice to say in helping. If a mod would like to close this thread thanks!

You need to do a patch test to be insured but are you going to drive 30 miles to do this and more to the point is the client going to pay for this? Sounds to me its not worth doing tints if this is the case? Or client will go to someone else who doesn't patch test. Anyway I would ditch this client. Not worth the hassle. Sounds to me like she's not happy about her nails and she's using this too. If she didn't contact you sooner and she doesn't have pictures it couldn't have been that bad.
I would fix her nails (try not to make too big a deal of tint reaction unless she does) and then ditch her! X

If you feel that way fair enough, but I am merely asking for help and you seemed to be more concerned about a search bar and negative feedback. when I explained I'm on holidays it was bothering me hence the quick question, limited wifi here as there's bad Internet signal. But I didn't want to spend my holidays in a search engine reading up when I knew there are nice people on here 24/7 willing to help and explain! Anyways I don't want to waste time getting into a debate over this, your harsh comments just haven't helped. I've taken on board the advice etc. it just seems pointless because what you mentioned caused a ruckus because you couldn't have much nice to say in helping. If a mod would like to close this thread thanks!

More than welcome, just remember we are not here for anyone too lazy to do any research before they ask!!!! Once again PM IF YOU HAVE ANY RELPY TO ME !!!!! Mods are not here to save you when the going gets tough and personal disagreement should not be aired for all the world to see!!

Last edited by a moderator:
More than welcome, just remember we are not here for anyone too lazy to do any research before they ask!!!! Once again PM IF YOU HAVE ANY RELPY TO ME !!!!! Mods are not here to save you when the going gets tough and personal disagreement should not be aired for all the world to see!!

Do you know what.... I wasn't gonna but in.....BUT I cannot stand your rudeness.... I don't care who you are, your background, experience whatever....
They way you are speaking to this girl is upsetting me so I hate to think how she feels.... If your having problems in your personal life (which I am assuming you are) don't take it out on other people. I cannot believe the things you have said and the context you have said them. I would be ashamed to be you!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think we all get the gist and hopefully lessons can be learned but I dont see the point in the continuation of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back