How to remove moles...?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair2Beauty

Reaction score
Hi,

My sister has a small mole on the back of her leg (calf) she has been to the doctors to ask if there is anyway it can be removed they said they could cut it off but she would be left with a scar.
Im thinking with the amazing things lasers can do these days would she be able to have it lasered off?!
Any advice would be great as she really hates it!

My eldest had a massive one on her armpit and that was injected, cut and then burnt off, not as painful as it sounds and the scar is hardly noticeable.

They did also offer her tying a piece of string around the mole to stop the blood flow and eventually it will drop off or to be frozen off.

Ask her to ask her doctor about those options also, i shouldn't think that they would scar but i am no doctor, don't know about lasers.

Obviously, she shoudn't try the string thing herself without medical advice first.

HTH Teri x :hug:

I certainly wouldn't be putting anything on a mole to remove it.
If she wants it removed but wants to be absolutely sure of as little scarring as possible she needs to see a cosmetic surgeon.
She may have to pay though nhs will sometimes cover mole removal this way on the face but probably not on the body.

Hi
On this morning they were on about moles and dr Steel said do not get them lasered off because if you do you cant get a bio on it .Its better to be safe than sorry and if its on the back of her leg you would'nt see it that much.I had one on my arm it changed colour and was painful but had a check up took it off everything fine and a little scar the size of a penny (if that)

NO NO NO!!! Please leave it to the doctor to sort out, it's way too risky to try anything yourself.
A friend of mine had a mole that wasn't properly removed (not in this country) and the root of it eventually spread round his system and he died. DO NOT try and mess around with it, leave it to the professionals.

Sorry, I don't want to be negative, but the thought of what may happen if it's not properly done is much much worse than a tiny scar on her leg. :hug:

Hi I have had several moles removed - two of them were on my face. I went to a cosmetic surgeon and they can remove them one of two ways. I chose the option to have the top sliced off but this does not remove it completely but ideal for cosmetic reasons as it does not show. It does not matter what type of mole it is - it needs to be done by a cosmetic doctor for the best results. I had another mole removed by a nhs dermatologist and it scarred - so please check who does it, what method and if you should expect any scarring.

Latest posts

Back