How to stop mascara running

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Does anyone have the secret to stopping mascara running on the bottom lashes.

I have stopped wearing it on the bottom lashes as within a few hours I look like a panda and most of it is under my eyes.

The top ones are fine, what am i doing wrong.

I asked this not so long back on this thread http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/65157-i-need-new-mascara.html There are loads of recommendations there, you may want to try a few of them. I tried the Lancome Hypnose but it wasn't any good for me, big smudge marks after a couple of hours. I've just got the Too Faced one and will be trying that tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes!

you could have them tinted and wear clear mascara.

I have my lashes tinted, but also wear mascara and I use Max Factor Masterpiece and Body Shop Volume, I never get smudging?

xxxxxx

Clarins have a product that you can apply on top of any mascara which will then make it waterproof. That way you can stick to all your favourite mascaras without searching out waterproof ones. I bought mine from Boots for about £13.
hth

Not sure I copied and pasted correctly, but this was posted in another thread a few days ago. Must say that I am definitely going to seek this out, as I, like you, have problems with my bottom lashes smudging. I have tried all sorts of things like applying extra foundation/powder under the eyes and to no avail! It is also not recommended to wear waterproof mascara all the time, so I'm going to give the above a try. HTH.

well i use clarins wonder volume, and i have neeever had a prob with it smudging. its not waterproof. and i know it sounds awful, but even when ive been out partying for days on end not going home, it lasts lol.

personally ive found mascaras i have tried that cost <£10 dont have the same staying power as those that are >£10.

a client asked me yesterday how to stop her mascara smudging, but it turns out she was using collection 2000, and even though it was waterproof, it smudged within an hour! :cry:

I had same problem years ago and reckon I tried every waterproof mascara around. But it was only when I spoke to a shesheido rep that I managed to beat the panda eyes. She told me that it wasn't water that was making the mascara smudge but the oil from my skin. Whether that is correct or not I dont know but after buying the Shesheido mascara she recommended, which by the way is not a waterproof brand, (Im sorry I cant read the name of it as its worn off). Anyway, I always buy this now and can again wear it on my lower lashes with no fears of smudges under my eyes..

If you wear make up or skin creams where the lashes touch the skin that can cause smudging - have you tried a tiny bit of translucent powder where the lashes touch? Chanel mascara doesn't smudge, you can even cry with it on! BeneFit stays put well too.

eye lash primer can help as it coats the lashes in preparation for the mascara. This then helps the mascara stick to the coated lashes preventing it from smudging.

All eyelashes are different as well so what works for one may not work for another.

Latest posts

Back