How to word it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthlm

Reaction score
Hi there, I am a newly qualified nail tech using acrylic, I am in the process of making up a website and am struggling on how to describe what a sculptured nail is, as oposed to nail tips. I have the wording for the tips, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to describe sculptures to people who may look at my site, thanks ladies :)

ruth x

Ummmmmm

Sculptured Enhancements: UV Gel or Acrylic is used to extend the surface of the nail plate, over a fitted form. No tips or adhesives are used; so it follows the curve of the natural nail as opposed to following the curve of a tip extension.

How's that?
hth's

Do you need to explain at all??

I think that anyone who regularly has nail enhancements would know what a SCULPTED nail is, and for those newbies it would be great for you to explain (or show them if they are in your salon), which would showcase your knowledge of the products and processes also.

Sculptured Enhancements: UV Gel or Acrylic is used to extend the surface of the nail plate, over a fitted form. No tips or adhesives are used; so it follows the curve of the natural nail as opposed to following the curve of a tip extension.

That's just perfect!!! thanks!

I think that anyone who regularly has nail enhancements would know what a SCULPTED nail is, and for those newbies it would be great for you to explain (or show them if they are in your salon), which would showcase your knowledge of the products and processes also.

that's a great point, it's just that with everything else I have a small description with, and didn't want to leave that without a small explination as well, thought it might look a bit odd??

Last edited:

I am the only person in town who sculpts. To date, I have not yet had a single client who knew what it was.
I see no harm in explaining.

Yes, I agree. No harm in explaining. You would be surprised how many clients don't know what sculptured extensions are. Most clients I've had thought all extensions were glued on tips so were amazed when I explained I actually build the nail extention on a form with gel so now I have an explanation on my site.

Sculptured Enhancements ?
OR
Sculpted Enhancements ?

This one always has me wondering - For years we called them sculptured nails .... now sculpted enhancements.

I dont know one single person who sculpts in Ottawa. However, just over the bridge in quebec all the nail technicians sculpt and they refer to it as resine nails:eek: Ive been getting my nails done in quebec for years. Worth the drive because its all chop shops in Ottawa.

It kinda sucks that nobody sculpts cuz they have no idea how much more artistic it is. All they want is that perfect smiley that is AIRBRUSHED on. Gross!!!

No offence to people who airbrush I think its great for designs but for french...EEEK

I dont know one single person who sculpts in Ottawa. However, just over the bridge in quebec all the nail technicians sculpt and they refer to it as resine nails:eek: Ive been getting my nails done in quebec for years. Worth the drive because its all chop shops in Ottawa.

Quebec city? Because they don't sculpt here in the Montreal area.

As for the "Ongles Resine", this seems to be a new trend started by the NSS here that other techs are catching on to. Everyone is afraid of the word acrylic SOOOOOOOOOO instead of educating the consumer, they lie and confound them further by referring to Acrylic is "Resine" so that it sounds friendlier :rolleyes:

One such term, used by a well known school is "Resine Tisse" which literally translated is "Woven Resin".
Ummmm since when can you weave liquid? (since resin is liquid)
AND
since when is Acrylic woven?

They don't help the industry nor it's reputation one teensy bit by teaching their students the wrong terms! And then teaching them to lie to their clients on top of that:irked:

No not Quebec city, gatineau/hull which is 5 minutes from downtown Ottawa.

Its funny because some people in Ottawa actually refer to sculpts as gatineau nails lol

Yes, I agree. No harm in explaining. You would be surprised how many clients don't know what sculptured extensions are. Most clients I've had thought all extensions were glued on tips so were amazed when I explained I actually build the nail extention on a form with gel so now I have an explanation on my site.

I didn't know myself untill a few years ago an I started doing a bit research into nails, so a wee description of the different types of enhancements won't do any harm I don't think, thanks

Latest posts

Back