How was your Christmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad it's not just me then. If that voucher was £1,000 I'd still treasure the mug more.

We had an amazing day.

Santa spoiled the wee one with lots of presents and then e went over to my parents for dinner and more presents.

Though my sister asked me what I wanted and I said some money towards a mirror in my room - I've had my eye on it for ages and she gave me a box of soap and glory eyeshadow which I don't wear :o

I got a red magimix though - can't wait to get home a shred everything :p x

I can think of something I'd like to be shredding! :evil:

I can think of something I'd like to be shredding! :evil:

I don't blame you :o

How did the kids get on with the 'presents' from their uncle? :/

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't blame you :o

How did the kids get on with the 'presents' from their uncle? :/

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol! So called "Uncle" had the audacity to ring me and leave two messages on my phone to wish us a happy Xmas! I wasn't answering the phone because I knew if I spoke to him it wouldn't be to anyone's benefit, especially on Xmas day. Let him ring the charity he's helping, he cares more about them than my children.

Uncle's name wasn't mentioned. We spoiled the kids with loads of pressies and they were as happy as can be. 6 year old is currently enjoying herself immensley cutting up a cardboard box. :eek:

I'm thinking about giving my hubby the voucher back and saying "try again!".

One of my clients always makes me a coffee in a lovely mug I always admire when im there. She only went and bought me one for Christmas! I'm so chuffed. This is the most thoughtful gift I've received this year. I'm so grateful for it as she put some thought into it. Unlike some :mad:

MIL rocked round today with a makeup brush set from what looks like the pound shop. I mean REALLY?????????? I'm 45, not 14!

That is REALLY nice - how thoughtful. One of my clients gave me an eyeshadow pallette with loads of the right colours in it for me :hug: so chuffed

Another client gave me a scented candle - hubbys take on this was "does she think the house stinks then?" lol

My Christmas was interesting. Started off stressful trying to arrange a time to see the OH's Dad, same every year and always causes a bit of a fall out.

We both went to my parents for dinner which was lovely then headed over to the MIL for the evening where I proceeded to get so incredibly drunk I was ill. Highly unlike me, I'm generally not much of a drinker but I've had a crappy year and I mistakenly thought a whole bottle of rum would help. Sat here by myself today feeling not just incredibly hungover but also like a complete ass as I can't remember the evening and am worried I embarrassed myself.

Feeling low.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine was all quite good, apart from a drugged/drunken man knocking on my front door Xmas morning to slur that he was going to burn my neighbours house down. We had to call the police, who turned up quickly and took him away. Got some nice presents, had some family over, ate too much, the usual really.

Christmas day was ok, im not the biggest fan, partner worked all night so he slept till 3pm, I went to see my mum and dad then down to see my sister at her work, she is a support worker (in support housing) for people how have learning difficultys/ matal illness most have criminal records ,the girl she was supporting is really nice iv meet her before ,she has no family and was supper chuffed I came to see her, sge just got a kitten a fue weeks ago, them came home and cooked dinner,
Pic of me and Ollie

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1388087762613.jpg
    1388087762613.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 148
The kidz had a great time, loved all their presents, hubby didnt put much thought into mine though and it would have been nice if he got something for me from the children as i do this every xmas and birthday for him but he never bothers. I even mentioned it a few times running up to xmas but still nothing. A box of chocolates or something else cheap and cheerful would have been more than enough from the little ones! And the mil once again got the grandchildren nothing :( good job my mum spoiled them rotten!

The kidz had a great time, loved all their presents, hubby didnt put much thought into mine though and it would have been nice if he got something for me from the children as i do this every xmas and birthday for him but he never bothers. I even mentioned it a few times running up to xmas but still nothing. A box of chocolates or something else cheap and cheerful would have been more than enough from the little ones! And the mil once again got the grandchildren nothing :( good job my mum spoiled them rotten!

What why does she not get them anything :'(

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Well my 12 year old was delighted with the iPod we got him and the other gifts from family.

However, it was bloody hard work! My mum, mil, brother, aunt, great aunt and uncle all asked us to get a present for our son from them as they didn't know what to get him. Argghhhhh it was so blooming difficult to think of things!

I took my son out shopping to buy something for his dad and saw lots of things I liked. When my son went shopping with his dad he remembered all the things I liked and told his dad so I did rather well. Thanks son! ;)

Had a fantastic Christmas with the people I love. Just being able to spend time with them means more than any present could!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Glad it's not just me then. If that voucher was £1,000 I'd still treasure the mug more.

Yea me too,
I'd leave him with the kids tomorrow and go and treat yourself at the sales x

I had a perfect christmas. I was really tired, so I was glad there would only be the two of us. The turkey was cooked to perfection (thanks to Phil Vickery) and everything went to plan food wise. Ate too much but it was exceptional. Couple of glasses of wine and champagne truffles for dessert.

We had agreed to not spend more than £30 on each other for Christmas, just token pressies and that we would spend a nice weekend away in January instead. So I was gutted to see on Christmas eve that I had about 8 presents from him under the tree, and I only had one for him.

I had promised my OH a pair of slippers for Christmas but didn't get round to picking them up from the store. So in the morning, I decided to wrap up his old ones, as a symbolic present. He got up and I could see that he was looking around for his slippers, but I distracted him and said we ought to start opening the presents. Gave him his "present" thinking he would realise what I had done and he starts saying "Oooh, lovely. I'm glad you got me the same ones, I love clarks!" He even picked off the bit of sellotape that was stuck to the bottom of one slipper, and still hadn't twigged. He tried them on and it wasn't until his toe stuck out of the hole in his right slipper that he realised that they were the old ones and we howled with laughter!!
I still laugh when I think about it now! Magical!

Next year, I want to spend Christmas with my children, so I am posting pics on facebook, trying to entice them over. Now that would be a wish come true!

Hilarious ch-ela could've saved your self some pennies there :lol:

I totally get this if someone can't put any thought in just don't bother some people think it's ungrateful but that's just me,

My mum got me uggs from abroad in what she thought was a size 6 nope they were a 9 mega gutted but the thought was there

If they arnt genuine uggs then I would burn them. :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If they arnt genuine uggs then I would burn them. :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

They are though
Not many women I suppose with size 9 feet
Oh well the thought was there so can't grumble
I'm not even a size 6 x

Absolutely exhausting MM!!

It was FAB :)
Every year is the same.
Christmas eve evening is spent at a gathering at my sisters with our families, siblings and their friends.
Christmas day is spend with the household, I only put household presents and any presents they've been handed from friends/family and we open them after breakfast.

This year tho my daughter decided to come for Christmas dinner with my granddaughter and have a sleepover.

Boxing day is ALWAYS a mental crazy one, i put out all the presents for grandkids and my kids/kids in law and the ones collected from them for us at home and begin the cooking nice and early as all my kids and grandkids arrive for presents and buffet lunch and stay playing, dancing, laughing and having a fab time till nearly bedtime then its grandkids/youngest daughter (5) bath, new PJs and kids take their families home for bedtime and I spend the next 3hrs tidying and cleaning ready for another early one.

27th is my 3rd child's birthday :) - today.
So its cooked breakfast of her choice, then plan family meal to celebrate - can't afford to go out this year . invite over a load of folk and eat.

While I have had an amazing festive period ive not rested at all and my legs and feet were so sore and swollen today that I couldn't bend to walk properly :(
I will have my 2 day holiday when kids go back to school lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I got a call from hubby at 3pm yesterday while he was out "shopping" asking what I'd like for Christmas as he was stuck. I gave a few suggestions such as Jo Malone, Thomas Sabo, bags, perfume, jewellery and ended up with a shopping centre gift voucher instead. Read "can't be bothered".

The bugger has now been fed a huge meal and is asleep in bed. I am dreaming of different ways to inflict pain without him knowing it was me. Any ideas anyone?

And your still with him! :(:(Hehe:D

Latest posts

Back