Hunting: What Are Your Views?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess124

Reaction score
Hi, I have been thinking about hunting as something recently brought the subject to mind, and I was a bit upset by it.

I am totally against hunting in any form, it really upsets me, as I love animals so much. I am a bit of a big softy where our furry friends are concerned!

I have lived in pretty rural areas for the past 6 years or so, so hunting (fox, pheasant etc) is pretty common, especially where I lived previously, and used to hear the fox hunts in the distance just used to make my blood boil, it seems so unfair. I appreciate the need to control the number of foxes in the wild but for them to be hunted down and ripped apart by dogs is nothing short of evil to me.

But anyway, my question is this, am I in a minority? I see signs on the country roads saying 69% of people do not support the hunting ban. What do you geeks think?

i think hunting is ok if you are going to eat what you kill (rabbits etc etc) ... but hunting for fun i find cruel! when i lived in the country there were fox hunts every few months and it was awful. .we used to block their cars whenever we could.

i thought fox hunting has now been banned???
i am totaly against hunting for sport, i think this is totaly unnesisary (sp?) but hunting to eat is what keeps the food chain going, its what we were doing thousands of years ago, (i know you can buy it all in tesco but you get what i mean, i hope, lol)
there is a need to control foxes, rabbitts etc but there are humane ways of doing it, i am a BIG animal lover and could never hurt any liveing animal (or fish, lol)

i thought fox hunting has now been banned???
i am totaly against hunting for sport, i think this is totaly unnesisary (sp?) but hunting to eat is what keeps the food chain going, its what we were doing thousands of years ago, (i know you can buy it all in tesco but you get what i mean, i hope, lol)
there is a need to control foxes, rabbitts etc but there are humane ways of doing it, i am a BIG animal lover and could never hurt any liveing animal (or fish, lol)

Yes it has been banned, but is allowed still, with changes to the way they hunt, basically its up to the police to arrest them if they don't follow the new laws, (which I doubt very rarely happens)

Yes it has been banned, but is allowed still, with changes to the way they hunt, basically its up to the police to arrest them if they don't follow the new laws, (which I doubt very rarely happens)

oh i didnt reolise, i thought it had been completely banned,
surely the police have enough to do without haveing to controll fox hunts aswell:mad: , so in answer to your question then, yes i think fox hunting as a sport should be totaly banned

I agree! I am totally against it. I believe its soley for fun, foxes I'm sure could be dealt with in a more humane way!

I'd like it to be banned totally. I think its so sad.:cry:

Thanks for the replies so far, are there any pro hunt geeks out there, who wish to give their views, would be interesting to see both sides I think?

(can you tell i'm looking for reasons to put off the housework by any chance!?)

(can you tell i'm looking for reasons to put off the housework by any chance!?)

lol, im meant to be clearing out my wardrobe:)

I am against hunting... not even foxes that eat farmers sheep because its all part of natures cirle ... you would'n go kill a bird because it ate a worm for t would ya ( only an example) but i think its crule and selfish and the people who do it for fun shud be hunted them selfs... see how they like it !! xx

I support hunting and used to hunt regularly (obviously going to be public enemy no.1 now)

The arguments for and against could and do go on for ages. Foxes are not cute cuddly innocent fluffy animals, this morning I have just had to clear up 5 dead piglets which were attacked last night by a fox, and no not one of their bodies was taken by the fox to eat, believ me they do not stick to the ideals that it's only okay to hunt and kill if you are going to eat it.

Everyone is entitled to their views, and not everyone who supports hunting is barbaric, heartless. The law that was passed is a farce and has caused foxes to suffer much more than they ever did, so please don't assume that hunting is cruel and they are better off now, it couldn't be further from the truth.

I support hunting and used to hunt regularly (obviously going to be public enemy no.1 now)

of course your not! we all have differing veiws and thats what makes a good healthy debate. i am totally against fox hunting but then i havent just woken up and found my piglets dead.maybe i would feel differently about this topic if i were in your shoes??. so its good to hear different veiws.

There are 2 kinds of hunting... for sport and for putting meat on the dinner table...

Hunting for sport in my opinion shouldn't be allowed, but hunting to put meat on the dinner table is different, however I wasn't brought up with a countryside background so my outlook will differ to those who live in the countryside.

Peeps who don't eat meat will have a totally different 'take' on the whole subject to those who do eat meat, but at the end of the day if you're hunting to put a dinner on the table it's not really any different than going to your local butchers to buy a piece of beef to roast... the only difference is that you didn't kill the animal yourself.

Ok,i am such a softie i could not ever go and hunt my own dinner.

Silly i know but if it's a cling film from asda then it was never alive ..... that's me.

When man wore fur to cover his bit and hit women over the head with clubs they hunted for food ,natures way,the circle of life.

I don't mean to make light of this issue,but it's quite a risque thread .

For sport no ! Go golfing

To protect your livestock,within reason. You need to feed and clothe your children,do it

To eat,if you want to. Not for me but each to their own.

There are 2 kinds of hunting... for sport and for putting meat on the dinner table...

Hunting for sport in my opinion shouldn't be allowed, but hunting to put meat on the dinner table is different,.

But sometimes what would be seen as hunting for sport is inextricably linked to providing meat for the table. Farmers don't let hunts go across their land just for the fun of it, they give them access because the hunts provide a service to the farmers.

I dont agree with it but say each to their own I may do something that others dont do but thats my choice. I was brought up with a father who went on hunts and also did alot of shooting I can see both sides to the debate.

The arguments for and against could and do go on for ages. Foxes are not cute cuddly innocent fluffy animals, this morning I have just had to clear up 5 dead piglets which were attacked last night by a fox, and no not one of their bodies was taken by the fox to eat, believ me they do not stick to the ideals that it's only okay to hunt and kill if you are going to eat it.

Everyone is entitled to their views, and not everyone who supports hunting is barbaric, heartless. The law that was passed is a farce and has caused foxes to suffer much more than they ever did, so please don't assume that hunting is cruel and they are better off now, it couldn't be further from the truth.

Course you won't be public enemy no 1. I am an adult, and started this thread as I wanted to hear from both sides of the fence, it's very interesting to view things from another prospective and can help to remove preconceived ideas I think.

I can be very narrow minded in my views of right and wrong, and whilst thinking about the subject last night in bed, I thought it would do me some good to get others views on the subject. I could talk to me fella about stuff, but hey he's a man, so i'd be lucky if I get a grunt at night!!

Thanks for your reply, it was good of you to give us your view point x:)

I am against hunting... not even foxes that eat farmers sheep because its all part of natures cirle ... you would'n go kill a bird because it ate a worm for t would ya ( only an example) but i think its crule and selfish and the people who do it for fun shud be hunted them selfs... see how they like it !! xx
Cockroaches, ants and flies are part of natures circle also !!!! As are snakes, spiders, maggots etc.
Seems it's only cruel when things are bigger and more visible. The liitle ones don't matter and they dont leave lumps when you sweep them under the carpet.

I am totally for hunting - dont get me wrong I'm not gonna protest about the ban or anything as drag hunting is still legal but what really annoys me is that people say its cruel when they actually dont know much about the sport - they dont realise how many people have been made jobless and homeless because of the ban and how many animals (dogs) have been put down since. Foxhounds cannot be rehomed as they are not pets and are used to living in large packs - people have lost their homes as the huntsmen etc are supplied with homes through their jobs on the estate and now that hunting has literally come to a halt farmers livestock, chickens, sheep etc are being so called 'ripped apart' by the foxes themselves - hunting also added to the farmers small income as they are paid by the hunts for the use of their land!!!!

Sorry this reply has been soooooooo long - just annoys me when people only have a one sided view

I don't mean to make light of this issue,but it's quite a risque thread .

I agree totally-this is a thread on very dodgy ground-why not just start one on religion?!Thats how u start a good war...

I also believe each to their own...foxes do need to b culled somehow-i dont agree with the dogs being involved but i don't think ur every likely to b able to stop it so why let it worry u so much?everyone has different ways of looking at things,surely its better to accept it and move on?....

Latest posts

Back