I adore my dogs, what about you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres a pic of Ted in my album. He is a very jolly cavalier king charles spaniel. He was brought up from 8 weeks old by my 3 older persians who treated him like THEIR pet puppy, and taught him cat stuff. The whole clan are very harmonious and very entertaining.

Ted refuses to get wet, muddy, or dirty as he hates getting washed by cats. As a pup, if he came home grubby he would get a bop, then one persian would pin him down by sitting on him while the others cleaned him up. Hilarious.

He does the "head bump" cat greeting too.

I have Bella my little 2 year jack russell, she is gorgous.:Love:

We had a lovely samoyed called Louis. Big, white and fluffy. He became the baby of the family and we all doted on him. My grandad would cook him fresh chicken etc everyday and he would only eat if you hand fed him!lol. He had such human traits, he would only drink water if it was ice cold and out of the fridge, and would make you turn the air con on if he was too hot. He used to eat grapes, apples, oranges...you name it he ate it. And he would only go to bed if he got his two dog biscuits at night. I'm tearing up thinking about him. We had to bring him back to England after my grandad died last year but as I was only renting a flat at the time I couldn't keep him. They were an inseprable pair and went everywhere together. I miss them both soo much.

We have 2 Alaskan Malamutes, Jester who is 4 and Muffin who will be 3 next month. They are bloody hard work but we wouldn't be without them lol.

There is a picture of Jester as my avatar, he was about 8 weeks old then and that picture won a place in the Alaskan Malamute calendar, he was January.... Awww.... where's my baby boy gone? Lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire

Aw, love this thread! We have 2 Jack Russel females called Bella and Scratch. They just turned one there in March. 2 pups is a handful, alright, but I can't imagine life without them now!
It just saddens me how ignorant people can be towards dogs. We had our 2 out in the playing fields the other day, working on their recall training. Bella is a nightmare when she sees a distraction and there was this family playing on the grass. She bounded straight for them, wanting to join in the fun and I went after her apologising to the people. The lady was like 'is there any chance?' all cheeky like and I said I'm really sorry, we r trying to train them. Well she just ended up going off on one at me and my mum (who was there with her dog). She actually went to go for my mum, only she had a baby in her arms. She said we were sad people and need to control our dogs. She was so so nasty and violent and the whole thing had me in tears.
I just wish people who didnt have dogs could be a bit more understanding towards those of us who are trying to train ours.
Anyway, I love my two wee rascals and we r plugging away at the training to stop them barking at EVERYTHING!!! lol!

When I got Trixie, my yorkshire terrorist, my brother in law in a really sarkie, snearing voice said, 'that dog is your surrugete baby'
he looked so shocked when I said
'Well du! of course she is. I'm 41, I don't want a real baby':eek:
She's six years old, she sleeps on my bed, I give her scraps from my plate (after I've finished) If I have fruit she has a bit, she snuggles up on the sofa next to me and I'd be totally lost with out her.
I've had dogs since I was 11 years old, I've had cat's in my life for as long as I can remember and at one point I had my own horse too.
The kids have had dogs, cats, rabbits, chickens, budgies and fish.
I've even shared my home with a wolf cub.
Inspite of the chewing, pooping, sicking, scratching, de fleaing:Scared: that goes with keeping pets, I wouldn't change a single moment I've had with them.
Because of all the loves cuddles and none judgementle love they give and all the laughter I've had from them.

Love your pics Victoria. They are gorgeous!
Thank you!

VHunter you look sooooo cute and cosy all tucked in with your two lovelies hehehe xxx

Do you have to be a super geek to add photos to posts or can I do this too? xxx

We cuddle like that every day, and different variations thereof LOL Believe it or not, it's quite a big sofa and they are 60lbs each and I'm only 115lbs... and there's STILL room there LOL just barely hahaha

You can add pics to your post by clicking on the picture icon above, and pasting the link to your picture from wherever else it is, online (ie: FB album)
hth's

He was brought up from 8 weeks old by my 3 older persians who treated him like THEIR pet puppy, and taught him cat stuff.
Ted refuses to get wet, muddy, or dirty as he hates getting washed by cats. As a pup, if he came home grubby he would get a bop, then one persian would pin him down by sitting on him while the others cleaned him up. Hilarious.

He does the "head bump" cat greeting too.
HAHAHAHAHA LOVE IT! that's hilarious!

We had a lovely samoyed called Louis.

My first dog that I REMEMBER was a Samoyed, with orange tipped ears. LOVED him to death! So very gentle with children and would pull us on a sled in winter months. During summer months, we had to hide his harness and sled, else he'd drag it banging up the stairs to the front door, wanting to go 'pulling'.
I feel your pain. GIANT HUGS XOXO

We have 2 Alaskan Malamutes, Jester who is 4 and Muffin who will be 3 next month.
My ultimate FAVORITE BREED and yet I never have one LOL Go figure? hehehe (I always end up adopting whatever needs a home, so there ya go?)

When I got Trixie, my yorkshire terrorist, my brother in law in a really sarkie, snearing voice said, 'that dog is your surrugete baby'
he looked so shocked when I said
'Well du! of course she is. I'm 41, I don't want a real baby'
Hehehehe That's how I wound up with Triquee. My 15yr old Peke had to be put to sleep... I still miss him. At the time, my youngest had commenced kindgarten full time at school and I was LOST in this house alone. I couldn't bare it. And along came my Rotty-cross :)
I totally get you. A home without a pet is so damned empty, life is not the same without them. Now with our two horses that hubby is enjoying, we enjoy much more quality family time. Pets give so verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry much and ask for so little.
I will never, ever understand those that haven't any tolerance for them.

I would much rather have the furr-balls, dust-bunnies, 'accidents', occassionally destroyed items by naughty puppies etc.. than be without them. I'll give up the weekends away because we can't afford to kennel them AND can't bear the thought of doing it either. In our house, they are our babies, as I'm sure they are in yours

(recent comedy: my father in law was told by his own son that if he didn't like sharing the couch with the dogs, then he didn't have to sit on it LMFAO!!! I loved every minute of it hahahahaha)

xxoo

Gizmo our 4yr old Jack Russell Terror
2jb795v.jpg

Radley our 9 week old Lhasa Apso/Yorkie cross

jzjupg.jpg

I have a 9yr old westie i adopted from battersea dogs home. He was stray and had def been abused. It took me 6 months to step over him without him thinking id kick him. Makes my heart break to think what he went through :-( but ive had him for 6 years and he is so intelligent! He knows exactly what i say and feel. And has such a attitude and personality hehe

We had a lovely samoyed called Louis. Big, white and fluffy. He became the baby of the family and we all doted on him. My grandad would cook him fresh chicken etc everyday and he would only eat if you hand fed him!lol. He had such human traits, he would only drink water if it was ice cold and out of the fridge, and would make you turn the air con on if he was too hot. He used to eat grapes, apples, oranges...you name it he ate it. And he would only go to bed if he got his two dog biscuits at night. I'm tearing up thinking about him. We had to bring him back to England after my grandad died last year but as I was only renting a flat at the time I couldn't keep him. They were an inseprable pair and went everywhere together. I miss them both soo much.

I find this thread so sad, because Louis was obviously adored and you all knew what he wanted. Where did Louis go after that and did his new owners know about his little human traits. He obviously was so comfortable with your grandad. Will his new owners continue to give him what he knew?? I really wish he could have stayed with someone familiar to him, but understand your change in circumstances. I hope he is happy and as loved as he was with your family x

I have a 9yr old westie i adopted from battersea dogs home. He was stray and had def been abused. It took me 6 months to step over him without him thinking id kick him. Makes my heart break to think what he went through :-( but ive had him for 6 years and he is so intelligent! He knows exactly what i say and feel. And has such a attitude and personality hehe

I cannot stand cruelty. I hope whoever was bad to this little creature has some misfortune along the way. In otherwards, I hope they dam well suffer. Im glad he found you Penny Vintage. To go to a dogs home to adopt takes a special person x

I have a black puppy for 1year,very pretty

I cannot stand cruelty. I hope whoever was bad to this little creature has some misfortune along the way. In otherwards, I hope they dam well suffer. Im glad he found you Penny Vintage. To go to a dogs home to adopt takes a special person x

Thank you tonicj.! It was all worth it for my baby boy hehe.. Wierd but he was so grateful when we took him home, he must have gone through it...

I have a dog called scruffy she is 1o this year we got her from the dogs trust when she was 3 and smelly!!
Love her to bits she is my baby
she is in my album

I have a complete tearaway Blue Roan Cocker spaniel called Beans, hes 2 and still stealing things and running up the garden to eat whatever hes taken!!! at the beginning of the week it was my memory card from my camera, my birkis are always being taken for a run and I have no pens left - Caramac the rabbit is as good as gold but cheese and toast (both boy gerbils) seem to be loving each other a bit too much at the moment eeeep

Beans thinks hes one of the children!!!

We have 3 dogs two Westies with welsh middle names. Names I cant spell but as Madame nouvatan is welsh she can. We have a 4 year old called Millicent Maffanwy And a 2 year old called Dorothy Dyllys.
We have just this month taken on a 3 year old rescue schitzu (spelt wrong on purpose as the swearing filter blocked the other spelling!! ) called MURIEL !!!
Its like a pensioners day out when i am in the park shouting Dorothy, Millie, Muriel !! :irked:
We would have 30 dogs if we had room,
They go every where with us and we even have a DOG car, ie a car just for the dogs to go in as they would wreck the good cars. It can be annoying when were on the phone to customers and they start yapping at the postman or if somebody has the audacity to dare to walk a dog past. But we love them and would never be without them :Love:

We have 3 dogs two Westies with welsh middle names. Names I cant spell but as Madame nouvatan is welsh she can. We have a 4 year old called Millicent Maffanwy And a 2 year old called Dorothy Dyllys.
We have just this month taken on a 3 year old rescue schitzu (spelt wrong on purpose as the swearing filter blocked the other spelling!! ) called MURIEL !!!
Its like a pensioners day out when i am in the park shouting Dorothy, Millie, Muriel !! :irked:
We would have 30 dogs if we had room,
They go every where with us and we even have a DOG car, ie a car just for the dogs to go in as they would wreck the good cars. It can be annoying when were on the phone to customers and they start yapping at the postman or if somebody has the audacity to dare to walk a dog past. But we love them and would never be without them :Love:

The pensioners day out really made me laugh:biggrin:

I have a beautiful terrier cross called Muttley. He is 6 years old and is a rescue doggie. He's my wee baby boy and we wouldn't be without him. He had suffered terrible abuse and neglect when we got him and was so timid he would pee himself if you tried to touch him :( Muttley is currently sitting on the back of the sofa with his front paws on my shoulder giving me big sloppy kisses!!!

I love him sooooo much, he definitely is my baby boy!!

Ah love the sound of all these dogs so cute. We have a miniature poodle called Coco, she is so affectionate.

Latest posts

Back