I am fuming!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooh dear...... do you think someone could change my iVenus password for me please to stop me posting in there again? I don't know what came over me......... my fingers took on a life of their own....... it must have been the big list she threw at me in her reply.......... and her insistence on telling me to 'refrain' from things......... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It's all Sean's fault, if he wasn't working nights then I wouldn't have been tempted to reply to HER reply! Somebody Stop Me!!! :green:

JackieMc said:
It's all Sean's fault, if he wasn't working nights then I wouldn't have been tempted to reply to HER reply! Somebody Stop Me!!! :green:
LMAO noooooooo don't stop, that last post was soooo entertaining. There was me, could not sleep so hit on the "have a brew & a wander round the net to pass the time" solution, spotted this and went to have a read and was hysterical, so much so I have just read the whole post to my partner :lol:

You have been nothing but helpful in that thread and she is just taking the mickey, bad case of sour grapes and attention seeking on her part from the looks of it. (Best add those to the derogatory comments list for her Jackie now you have pointed them to this thread :lol: )

Hey Jackie, didn't realised it had all kicked off again!! Looks like it's a double tub of Ben and Gerrys for you girl!!

I actually tried to post something on there but it's taken an age for my password to come through. It makes me laugh that in one breath she says that the nail geek needs to learn about healthy competition and then in the next she says don't dare mention NG in her threads ever again. Hey I wonder if I went on to her LITTLE forum and advertised about this site if she would leave it up there - I guess not!! So like you say Pot, kettle and black sure do feature heavily in her flawed argument!

CAn I hire you Jackie for my next row with my Husband - i'm always lost for words!

What can I say? Brilliant.

Man alive she really gets my goat. I am not sure where she gets off saying I delete posts that I do not agree with. I ask that she gives me even 1 example.

She ISN'T EVEN A NAIL TECHNICIAN (just read her posts where she enquires about becoming one).
Anyway, as Jackie pointed out: All of her posts were responded to in a very positive and helpful way. I locked her spamming thread after her bumping it back up continuously advertising her forum. I was very supportive of her efforts but felt the spamming and then re-bumping of the spam was a bit tiresome.

A couple weeks later I bopped over to check out her forums and saw noticed a few problems.
1- What little information there was mostly incorrect and almost downright silly.
2- She (the non-nail tech) had posted part of an article by Doug Schoon and signed her name to it!

So I did what anyone in their right mind would do: I signed up and requested that the original post be edited and credited to the author.
Well, I quickly discovered that the active community was made up of a couple of ex geeks with serious issues.
They refused my requests and got on my back because I was just trying to turn their site into a negative site (instead of the current plagiarists one it was). When I told them that I would notify Doug of the issue I was banned and the thread was deleted 'to preserve the happy nature of the site (not because she had done anything wrong in the first place)'.

I check in on it every week or so when I need a quick laugh (banned? pfft!). It looks like there is usually around a couple posts a week. 99% of which are introducing yourself.
Yes, she spends all her time spamming other boards instead of participating on hers. Why? Because she isn't a nail technician and there is no one else to hold a conversation with on her site except for a couple of angry anti-geeks.

The anti-geeks are as easy to spot as they are to count on three fingers. They are responsible for the Babtac thing (quite funny actually) and they always post the same drivel. Its really sad.

LMAO - Sam you naughty boy, fancy being banned!!! Like I say about her pot, kettle and black plus a little bit of sauce, goose and ganders thrown in for good measure!!

I had a quick look at the site. Took me ten minutes to go through every post there was on there. God I get frustrated if there isn't a new post in here every ten minutes or so, I sure as hell couldn't wait a week for a new one!!

The anti geeks you talk about also make me laugh as when I met them at Excel and was in the middle of a converstaion with them they saw you, totally ignored me and went fawning all over you like a couple of sad school kids, I will never forget how rude they were to me that day. Funny how they can change allegiances at the drop of a nail tip!!

Anyway, we love you Sam, and we love your site - IT ROCKS!

Hey Jackie when is the next round due?! Seconds out ............ ding ding.

jackie you are pure quality girl...............just pure quality.

ooh its getting good now lol, jackie you are such a laugh :Kissing: :p :idea: i can hardly type coz i am nearly wetting myself :D

Okay, I couldnt resist :o , I had to post on there! I just don't like hypocrites, and I don't like this site being called unfriendly, so I had to chip in my two penneth. :smack:

Sam aka mr geek wrote...The anti-geeks are as easy to spot as they are to count on three fingers. They are responsible for the Babtac thing (quite funny actually) and they always post the same drivel. Its really sad.

Sam what was the babtac thing they were responsible for?? I am a member with babtac would love to know got me a bit concerned lol. Sounds like this post is entertaining though I for one have to keep checking back for the updates on everyones comments. I have to say that I dont use creative products but I am interseted in finding out about a conversion as they sound so great. I was recommended this site quite a while ago now. Even though I dont use the same products as many on here I have also seen that some use ons the same as me I have never felt unwelcome or anything. I have found this site to be friendly, helpfull and fun as well as great place to get and share inspiration. It is a shame that we get problems like this one occuring but I suppose it provides a bit of entertainment eh .

well put lucy. I just want to reiterate what Lucy has said for the benefit of any anti-geeks, who still check the website out (who wouldn't they'd be missing too much FREE expert advice!)

I joined up a few months ago and go thru phases of using the site. I am not creative trained, and although I would like to be one day, I would also equally consider further training with EzFlow, NSI or any of the other recognised training companies.

I believe anyone serious about a career as a Nail Technician would be crazy to rule out the benefit of ANY additional, professional training. Equally, anyone that canot see how much Sam has done for us all by providing this forum for us to exchange advice, experience, worries, and knowledge - is just nuts! Yes, of course CND benefits commercially from this site, because we can all (well, nearly all!) see how much that the CND 'family' CARE about everyone and everything that comes under the Nail Industry umbrella. And who wouldn't want to be trainind, or use the products from an organisation that is clearly so dedicated to providing the best resources they can. To complain that this site is biased is ridiculous. And to complain that this site will help to increase the financial success of CND is as stupid as if a salon down the road were to complain that I treat my customers better than them, how unfair that I might then be more successful?!? (this hasn't happened BTW - just an example!)

Personally, I completed training with Star Nails & BioSculpture and whilst the training was ok, these companies (as far as I am aware) do not run a website that is as helpful and informative as this one. So I have no choice but to come here and ask the questions that they currently cannot help me with!

When I read a post that I feel is not helpful to me (for whatever reason, including that it discusses CND products which I do not use), I simply do not read it - why waste my time? Instead, I search for a thread that discusses products that I do use, or search for members that have posted in these threads that I can PM to ask questions. Or... crazy, i know... I start my very own thread, asking for help from geeks who use the same products as me!!

Sorry to be so long-winded - I really hope that the individuals who have been so negative start to understand how things really are!

Further to the particular individual that sparked this thread - we can all read her previous posts and see where her thread has been closed due to constant re-bumping to advertise her own site. Prior to this, she also took advantage of the abundance of advice from generous and well-wishing geeks!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, just had a read of the new posts on that web site, and had a jolly good giggle, very eloquently put! :lol:

The thread Sam mentioned is the one i responded to, I kept reading it over and over, and just couldn't keep quiet in the end, very unlike me :wink2: I am assuming that, along with sam getting banned, is one of the reasons the thread got deleted...i dared to stand up for sam and this site! tut, tut!

Got a feeling i might be banned from her forum pretty soon! :lick: i actually joined as i thought i might be of some help to other technicians, but don't fancied getting slated if i answer any questions!

Hi well done Jackie!! you were brill l just read the posts on that site she has'ent replied yet! l had a look at her site as well, l was the only person in there ;) . l don't use creative (yet) and everyone has always offered me good advice when l've needed it, l rarely bother going on other sites as this one is the best l've come across lots of help and advice about everything thanks guy's and happy new year :D x

Could someone PM me with the address so I can check out JackieMac's cracking replies?? I have to say that I do find some of the comments made by this person hysterical - even more so as she is not in fact a nail tek - GO FIGURE??? The expression 'teaching your grandma how to suck eggs' springs to mind! BTW Happy New Year Ya'll!!!

Mrs Geek said:
Could someone PM me with the address so I can check out JackieMac's cracking replies?? I have to say that I do find some of the comments made by this person hysterical - even more so as she is not in fact a nail tek - GO FIGURE??? The expression 'teaching your grandma how to suck eggs' springs to mind! BTW Happy New Year Ya'll!!!
It's http://www.ivenus.com/ubb/Forum21/HTML/001513.html

LMAO, this is getting as good as Coronation Street:wink2: ....somebody remind me never to get on the wrong side of Jackie please!

Gemma xx

Go Jackie! PMSL! You can't buy entertainment of this quality. Go girl!

Well Jackie - that was one of the finest replies (of that nature) that I have read in a long time (the only other person who could have come close would be Geeg :lol: ) - that is a megga compliment BTW!!! Well done for still remaining professional through out - I don't know how old the 'other' person is, but let's just say she is now most definitely 'way' out of her depth!

Btw I have a new web forum that you simply must join - it's www.alltheinfoyouneedonnailsfromsomeonewithnoexperience.com please please please come and join!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well geeks what can I say............ Jackie you are brill, totaly professional in your replies and whats this all about?????..............don't mention the Geek Site ?????
Oh did I mention she has put her Nail trainer up for sale on the not to be mentioned Geek site @Geekbay..on the 20th of December lol.........

Yes definatley to much monomer and not enough extraction springs to mind.......

Well I have read your posts on the other site Jackie and have to say your replies were brill ;)
I was actually asked to join this forum :( But the admin and moderators use to grace this site Lol, Strange how the amatuers think they can upstage the professionals (dream on ladies).
Nice work Jackie ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back