I am fuming!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieMc

Reaction score
You know what? You try to help someone and they turn around and bite you on the arse!!!

I've recently started visiting another Beauty Forum in www.ivenus.com and came across a thread asking for advice on so-called 'organic' nail products, so like a good girl, I reply with the old organic = carbon thing. In the same thread another member mentioned she had always wanted to join a nail forum so again, being the helpful little Christmas Fairy that I am, I told her about the Geek website - the person who had started the thread also mentioned her own little nail forum.

Here's my post:

Hi.........
I think you'll find that most, if not all nail products are organic - all 'organic' means (when referring to nail products as opposed to your local farm produce!)is that the product contains carbon. Some Nail Companies are being a little 'canny' in their advertising by using the 'organic' term to make less experienced nail techs think it is a 'safer' product. Not true. There are many substances that contain carbon that are neither natural, pure or 'safe'.

Your best bet is to stick to a company who provide quality products, training and customer care. The two I rate highest are Ez Flow and Creative Nail Design - you can't go wrong there.

There's a fantastic Nail Tech website with thousands of members who include the leaders in the nail industry.... Sam Sweet; Antony Buckley; Marion Newman; Marco Benito; Gigi Rouse to name but a few. It's called www.thenailgeek.com there have been so many new nail techs asking the same questions about so-called 'organic' nail products, if you use the search facility you'll be able to read some of the 'myths' surrounding the whole 'organic nail product' claim![/
I]

Now I thought that was fairly friendly sounding and helpful???

Just checked in there again after about a week and found this reply from the person who had posted the initial message:

Hi there
Thanks for your message but I have to debate with you on this one, not about the organic nails because I don't claim to be an expert on that, but about the nail geek. I like many others have left this website due to rudeness and non neutrality, every time anyone says anything bad about Creative Nails or mentions any other forum their thread is deleted from the site (this for me is in no way neutral). I find it pretty rude that you would high jack my thread on this website to us it as a punting ground for the nail geek of which I may or may not be mistaken you play a big part of. The nail geek needs to learn the meaning of healthy competition and I know of at least 4 people whose membership has been deleted due to them posting other products.

I ask you to refrain from advertising the nail geek in my threads...[/
I]

Bloody charming eh? I've not included her name at the end of her post, but she is a member of this site AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!! :evil:

I've replied of course, probably should have calmed down a little before I did, but I was fuming! I noticed she's asked plenty of questions on this website and everyone who answered has been more than courteous and polite to her - this is the thanks you get! Probably got a little bee in her bonnet because one of her posts was closed by GMG.

I'll try to help anyone if I can and will go out of my way to find information for them, (I actually searched through this site for anything relating to 'organic nails' in attempt to give her the correct information, I knew Geeg had written something, somewhere about the whole 'organic' thing), and this kind of response really pees me off - certainly makes you think twice about offering advice (especially when it's asked for!). :irked: :irked: :irked:

LMAO!!! You go girl!!! just been reading your reply on there...well said!! LOL

Chin up Jackie... at least you know where your opinion counts and is wanted.

I went and had a look at your reply... what can I say other than... you did good. You weren't nasty and got your point over as best you could considering how angry you were.

Let the little girls have their forum, you don't need the hassle.

Take care and have a fab new year.

x

I think we all know the truth of why the geek has banned certain members from posting on his site and it has nothing to do with what products they use as I also think we all know ...

We also know that some have left the site because they weren't getting the attention they craved or became upset because some members objected to their posts and the sensitive little souls couldn't take it, etc etc.

Who can be bothered?? Personally I haven't got the inclination to join or even look at any other nail site (apart from Beauty tech) because when I have looked in the past, what I read is such a load of twaddle and I watch the 'blind leading the blind' and read the misinformation given out and shudder when I think of all the unknowing who take it all on board as gospel!!

Any serious nail technician who is professional can not have failed to read or hear about the nail geek web site and the esteem in which it is held by all professional nail magazines is a testament to its unbiased attitude towards the industry and the companies that make it up.

If the geek website has a large number of technician/members who use a certain product, then I'm afraid that that also only reflects the industry and the choice of the individuals who post regularly. If others do not like that, for what ever reason, or seem to take it as a personal comment on their choice then that is their problem and they of course can move on.

Hi,

Just had a look at the thread and good on you girl you gave her wot for! (sp)

I have also used her forum and there is not much going on on there i have to admit.

hell fire !! lol ,you tell em jackie :D i have also been accused of working for the nail geek when i recomennded it on a forum!! i tell ya you try help some people and others just wanna poo all over you!!
i was lucky i found out about this forum when i did my training otherwise i would have been lost and i will always recomennd it to people wanting to gather more knowledge, some peeps are just plain a****h****
:D :D

Jackie

I was going to reply to that thread but I think you said it all, no need to reiterate what's already been said. Hats off to you for putting it so eloquently.

way to go jackie
just read your reply, i dont think anyone could have said it any better than that.

jacqui said:
way to go jackie
just read your reply, i dont think anyone could have said it any better than that.
Ditto! Ditto! Hats off to you Jackie.

Jen

Hey Jackie, remind me not to upset you!! Phwor, way to go Idaho!! Be interested to see if she replies or not. I have to say that I thought it was really bad form when I saw her advertising her nail forum on here, it would be like me going into Tesco's and waving a banner with Sainsbury's on it!!

It's very upsetting when people react like this, I have had it once on here and very nearly gave up Geeking. But I thought, no, this small minded person is not going to get the better of me and I just ignore all their subtle little jibes that have continued since. Life's too short and I wouldn't want them to think that they bother me because they don't, I just think they are purile.

Jackie I know it is easy to say, ignore it and let her continue in her blinkered world. and when you have calmed down maybe you can see it this way and just shrug it off as laughable ignorance.

Hugs to you, and a happy NYE.

Hi all - thanks for all your responses........ I'm laughing about it now! :lol: I just had Sean driving me around Dublin looking for ice cream to cool my temper! McDonalds was closed - no 'McFlurry' :sad: ........ Burger King closed - no 'Splurge' :sad: ....... 10 miles later......thank goodness for Kentucky - thoroughly enjoyed my 'Avalanche'! :lick: Did me the world of good! :lol:

Hope you all have a very happy and prosperous New Year

Jackie & Sean
xxx

Hi Jackie,

Just wanted to say you go girl.

I have come accross this girl before aswell, she posts on every forum going under the sun, shes been touting on i village aswell.

I totally agree with gigi's post, so true.

Anyway on a lighter note HAPPY NEW YEAR

GO ON JACKIE !!!!!! BE A DEVIL AND TELL US WHO IT IS. :evil:

MIND YOU, I THINK SHE HAS A RIGHT TO SAY WHAT SHE FEELS ABOUT THIS SITE BUT TO SAY THAT YOU SHOULDN'T MENTION THIS SITE ON HER SITE - WELL, THAT'S A BIT PATHETIC. ALL GOOD FUN THOUGH. DON'T TAKE IT TOO SERIOUSLY. :biggrin:

I'VE LEARNT THAT COMMENTS PUT IN WRITING CAN COME OUT THE WRONG WAY. SO MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, SHE DIDN'T MEAN IT THE WAY IT CAME OUT.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL. XXX :Love:

Hi

happy new year all

Well Jackie well said!!!

I have read the posts and i am totally behind you.

Finally managed to have a look at the post! Well done Jackie. I actually posted a reply on her web site a month or so back, which was slating this site and Sam, strangely enough the whole lot was deleted, although i was not rude in anyway. I do feel people have a right to an opinion, which should be respected, but to slate a site and especially a person for their help, and with a vast amount of knowledge to offer, is extremely bizarre to say the least! x

awwww Jackie hun hope you are feeling better now just read the bit about the ice cream now I want one. Well you know that you were just being helpfull but I can see how it would have wound you up me too if I had been given an answer like that you were just helping and freedom of speech and all that yes we all have our opinions but we shouldnt make it into a negative thing or a battle thats when it becomes ridiculous and sad shame that some people feel the need to act this way hey. Take care hun xx

I thought I would have a nose at the posts that were originally written woh you really told her what for Jackie. Hope you are feeling better now. It does help if you can let off some steam. I remember when a customer in a bank was rude to me because I had left my car keys on the desk in a complete muddle trying to carry too much and he said your car keys and gave them to me and I said ''I wont get very far without those will I(joking) and thank you'' and he replied with ''no you wont will you'' in a really angry tone of voice and shoved me my keys. That really shocked me as there was no need but before I could pick my mouth up from off the floor he had left the bank. Howwwww Ruuuuuddddde some people can be shocks me. If I had had a chance to say something I would have felt better. rahhhhhhh Rudeness really gets my back up :evil: .If people are rude to you for no legitimate reason they should not be shocked if they receive the same tone back should they.

Hi Jackie,

I've just had a nose at that forum and your reply was fab :lol: :lol:

She hasn't yet replied, her chin is probably still on the floor ;) ;) :lol:

Lou

Hi Jackie

Don't worry too much about it Jackie.
Maybe she's the same person who was slating the geek site off on the babtac forum not so long ago.

Deb379

I totally agree with you. I've just been reading thru your comments and you are spot on. I don't know the person in question, but I had a run in with someone a couple of weeks ago. I thought the purpose of a forum was to ask advice and discuss issues that you needed help on.

If they can't stand the heat then get the heck out of the bl**dy kitchen.

I think this site is one of the most friendly and help ones I've found.

I take my hat off to you girl for telling her straight.

lol

Clur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back