I know...... Another Children Thread!! lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandz

Reaction score
Hiya Guys!!!

Bit of a personel question I know, in your opinion, what is the best age to have kids?
I'm not sure how to create this into a poll so if anyone fancies helping me out then by all means.
I understand everyone may have completely different ideas etc, I was just a bit curious.

Cheers folks!!!
much love,
xxxxxxxx

DONT DO IT :eek::eek::eek:
I am of course joking, kids are great,
i don't have any but did foster for over 6 years,
i don't think there is a best age really, it is a case of when the person is ready for all the commitment that goes with children,
some teens make fab mums some don't,
some middle aged ladies make great mums because they have more patience as they have got older but some have got used to the way their life is and can not be bothered with children,
everyone is individual it is not something that can be marked with a best age :hug:

Well i had my first child when i was 20 years old....second at 22 years old .....some say it was young BUT.....i have to say.....my eldest is nearly 15 and i can still do stuff with him...i can still be a child myself!!!

The same with my daughter....when she is old enough to go to pubs/clubs i can still go with her and i like that thought alot....my children can make me FEEL younger !!! xxxxx

Well everyone differs really i suposed you get to a point where you feel that you are ready and you tick most of the boxes just ask yourself:

Do you have a good job, and good finances coming in
Are you in a secure relationship
Are there anymore big life changing ambitions you have
and last but least do you have your own home

If you answer yes to most of them then i guess you are ready.. I think to myself i dont think i would be ready until at least 2-3 more years x

Well i had my first child when i was 20 years old....second at 22 years old .....some say it was young BUT.....i have to say.....my eldest is nearly 15 and i can still do stuff with him...i can still be a child myself!!!

The same with my daughter....when she is old enough to go to pubs/clubs i can still go with her and i like that thought alot....my children can make me FEEL younger !!! xxxxx

I was the complete opposite to you!! At 20 I didn't want children at all, but as I got older I changed...... I had my son at 29 and my daughter at 32, and tbh I felt ready then. If I'd had them younger I wouldn't have been ready.....

It is such an individual thing, and I know great (and not so great) parents of all ages.

Btw, I'm glad your children make you feel young - mine make me feel like I'm 106 some days, lol!

I was the complete opposite to you!! At 20 I didn't want children at all, but as I got older I changed...... I had my son at 29 and my daughter at 32, and tbh I felt ready then. If I'd had them younger I wouldn't have been ready.....

It is such an individual thing, and I know great (and not so great) parents of all ages.

Btw, I'm glad your children make you feel young - mine make me feel like I'm 106 some days, lol!

Bless ya hun....you do look young i have seen your pics on your profile :green:....!!! xxxxxxxx

I had my first at 22 and second at 27 and that was the perfect age for me as I let a lot of things go over my head. If I were to have a child now (which i soooo wont!!!) I know I'd be a nervous wreck!!! I found I've become like that since I've got older.

Hi I had my only daughter (now nearly 10) when I was 21 and it was hard. I didn't know anyone going through it, even now only one of my friends has a child at 31, they are all leaving it until later.

However it totally changed my life, it got me out of a terrible relationship as I had to take a step back and think about my baby.

I also was used to staying up all night clubbing etc so I found the sleepless nights easy to handle!

And I was lucky that I had amazing support from my family and wonderful partner of the last 9 years.

Sometimes I regret that I didnt get the chance to go travelling like all my friends, but then I think well when my little lady is 18 and going off to uni or getting a job I'll only be 39 which is still young and i'll probably see the world then. Except I'll do it 5 star and no backpacking lol!

I think there is no right or wrong age. Its all down to the individual. xx

Yeah, everyone is different!!! I thought it'd be interesting to see what everyone thought.
I really hadn't thought about children untill about 1 year ago when everyone around me started getting married, thinking about babies! lol
Now all I can think about is babies, I know I'm not quite ready yet as I still live with the parents, but I hope to move out with my boyfriend of 5 years this year so hopefully things may happen from there..... I think I've got a broody brain at the min!!! lol!! I believe in if it's meant to be it will be and everything happens for a reason!!
Thanks for all your replies,
xxxxxx

You definately will get different answers from everyone,
I had my first daughter when I was 16, my second daughter 2 and a half years later,

I don't regret it,...I don't even wish I had waited ..
I love my girls...I am their mum but also their friend...
My eldest starts high school this year !
In a couple of years they will be out and about most of the day leaving me to work every hour of the day ( I hope)
And I will still only be in my 30's
I think thats cool !

My eldest laughs sometimes because the teacher in school will talk about something from the 60's or 70's and says "ask your mums...they will know all about it "
My daughter laughs and says " Mine wont she was born 2 weeks before the 80's miss "

I don't think I missed out on anything, and If I did....I am not bothered anyway...
I settled down...made a home....and enjoy being a mum,
I still enjoy it even though they fight EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF THE DAY :irked:

I would say just when you feel ready..

i had my son at 24 and my little girl at 29, so i did all the fun stuff first ,
we were settled & had our own house so that was a bonus, even so i had been with dave 5 yrs before we had james
my sister had her son at 16 but shes been with her hubby since and her son is a 22 yr old graduate, so she didnt do bad at all
i think it depends on what sorta person you are, you can be young and have a old head on your shoulders or vice versa :lol:

I think it doesnt matter how young or old you have children you would never regret it either way :)

I think it doesnt matter how young or old you have children you would never regret it either way :)

No way could you regret being broke,stressed,stretch marks,selfish....:lol::lol:

You dont ever regret having your kids.....they are yours and no one can take that away.......they do make you laugh (and cry!!!) they bring joy to your life xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

yeh they also bring copius amounts of stress and make you swear a lot :lol: but i do love it , must be mad , hahah xx

Ok now your really putting me off children :lol: let me think there sweet cute little creatures :green:

i can relate to this.! is there ever a right age?

I had mine when I was 31 and 33. I've absolutely no regrets because for me that was the right age. I'm not saying it's wrong to have them earlier, but it would have been wrong for me. (Even though I've been with their dad since I was 17).

Only you can decide when you feel ready :hug:

I had mine at 22, 24 and 27. I started getting broody at about 15 and here I am at nearly 34 and still broody. But 3's enough for me, I know how lucky I am (and I'm often telling them what an expensive hobby they are!).

I had my first at 21 and my second and last 30. I can't say that I would change a thing.My youngest is now 10 and I don't stress over the small things like I did with my oldest.

Please don't put me off, its too late to change my mind now!:lol:

I will be 27 when I have my first child. Still feel too young to have children but too late now! I guess this baby came along at the right time in my life, I have a good relationship, travelled quite a lot, we own our own house, he has a good career, I am in the middle of selling my business and preparing to set up a new one (scary!) and we are supported by my family. My age isn't really important except that it's taken 26 years for everything to be right.

Get all your stuff done first like travelling, buying a house, etc. You can still do that stuff later but its a lot easier without kids. When you are ready to have kids, you probably will, though if I'd waited till I FELT ready, I'd have put it off until it was too late!

Latest posts

Back