I need a computer geek, ASAP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey geeks

long story short, when i first started my business nearly 3 years ago now i had a close friend and her boyfriend made my website for me, he agreed that in exchange for a 6 pack of beer he'd update it for me as i needed. well he didn't, my website had really out of date information on it and he was ignoring my requests to change it. I finally decided to make my website myself so i could change it when i wanted, which i did and deleted the website he had made.

Recently i have had a few people phone and ask for offers which aren't on, they said they typed my website in to google search and my website came up with these offers on, it is infact my old website, and even though i have removed it from easyspace, google are still showing it in their searches, it has my old number on, my old address, my old offers, old prices... i need to get it off asap!!! easyspace are saying it's google i need to talk to as it's not on my easyspace account but i just can't understand googles website, does anyone know a number that i can phone and talk to someone? i'm on the verge of tears, it's a nightmare!

hey geeks

long story short, when i first started my business nearly 3 years ago now i had a close friend and her boyfriend made my website for me, he agreed that in exchange for a 6 pack of beer he'd update it for me as i needed. well he didn't, my website had really out of date information on it and he was ignoring my requests to change it. I finally decided to make my website myself so i could change it when i wanted, which i did and deleted the website he had made.

Recently i have had a few people phone and ask for offers which aren't on, they said they typed my website in to google search and my website came up with these offers on, it is infact my old website, and even though i have removed it from easyspace, google are still showing it in their searches, it has my old number on, my old address, my old offers, old prices... i need to get it off asap!!! easyspace are saying it's google i need to talk to as it's not on my easyspace account but i just can't understand googles website, does anyone know a number that i can phone and talk to someone? i'm on the verge of tears, it's a nightmare!

I've had similar things in the past. I'm afraid it is Google, they've cached an older version of your site. There's probably not a lot you can do about it i the meantime I'm afraid, It's unlikely Google will remove it or be inclined to.

It will disappear eventually though....

I've had similar things in the past. I'm afraid it is Google, they've cached an older version of your site. There's probably not a lot you can do about it i the meantime I'm afraid, It's unlikely Google will remove it or be inclined to.

It will disappear eventually though....

thank you for your reply, it's such a pain, one of my biggest mistakes ever was getting her boyfriend to make my site :sad: it wasn't even a nice looking site :lol: fingers crossed it disapears soon! it only comes up if you type my website address into google, which i've never understood why people don't just type it into the address bar???

Google has cached an old version of your site as Ex said. Check out the link below for instructions on how to request Google revisits your site and updates itself accordingly.

Request removal of a cached page - Webmaster Tools Help

p.s; you're right about people putting your url into Google it is silly but that's people for you! :)

Google has cached an old version of your site as Ex said. Check out the link below for instructions on how to request Google revisits your site and updates itself accordingly.

Request removal of a cached page - Webmaster Tools Help

p.s; you're right about people putting your url into Google it is silly but that's people for you! :)

thank you :) will have a look! my dad even googles websites! i always nag him about it x

Haha, that is a slide show not an animated header, do you want advice on setting up your web page correctly, firstly your title tag of "home" is pointless, Try putting "Web Design blabla bla", you may do better with SE(Search Engines if you didnt know)

But I dont want to patronise you, as a web designer you should know this

And to add yes it is spam.

Haha, that is a slide show not an animated header, do you want advice on setting up your web page correctly, firstly your title tag of "home" is pointless, Try putting "Web Design blabla bla", you may do better with SE(Search Engines if you didnt know)

But I dont want to patronise you, as a web designer you should know this

And to add yes it is spam.

OMG! you are a website developer and now you are scared that I'm going to take your clients .. hahaha.... :D

OMG! you are a website developer and now you are scared that I'm going to take your clients .. hahaha.... :D

If be surprised if someone asked you to design a website. Read your profile and apparently you design sites for saloon's. hairdressing and beauty takes place in a SALON sorry love, were not te Wild West. Xoxo

OMG, Stunomatic...you're embarrassing yourself!

Confused.....?!

Come on Jack, stay with us!! lol

Latest posts

Back