I want a Sat Nav

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
I have finally decided that I am going to branch out and go more places on my own without hubby having to drive me and I read the map. So I want a Sat Nav.

My stipulations are as follows:

It needs to cover Europe and UK
It needs to have speed cameras and have the ability to get updates (preferrably without having to pay a subscription)
It needs to work within a few minutes of me getting in the car and not having to wait about 10 miles LOL.

Any recommendations or ones to avoid.

We bought the tomtom Go 730 Traffic a few months ago, it does all you just said and a little more.

It is great, we got it at a good price too, I can ask hubby where from if it would help xx

I bought a Garmin that does all that and I love it. It's taken me to the most remote little villages.

The only time it didn't work for me was when I changed a setting and it started telling me to go north and south west instead of left and right. My fault though.

I paid about £120. xxx

I have a garmin...
It wouldn't pick up the post code from the chill factor on saturday, I had to drive to the travelodge or tulip in or something,
Then phone jen to ask her to get me to the chill factor lol...

On the way...I took the wrong turn off the moterway 3 times....It was telling me to !!!! then as soon as I went off the slip road it was saying "recalculating" I had to get back on to the moterway and do it all again
(yes it took until the 4th time before I realised NOT to listen to the sat nav)
A half an hour journey took 1 hour 45 minutes

On saturday night on the way home, we had to find our own way to the moterway...well my boyfriend did......
Sunday morning I THOUGHT I had got lost..but I hadnt :confused:

Coming home on sunday it was telling me I was on a roundabout when I wasnt,
I made my own way to a moterway...didnt have a clue if it was the right one, I just wanted to be on a moterway lol....

It was telling me I was on the m62...even though the signs were telling me I was on the m56...

I got a gob on, turned it off and was home in half an hour...
I just followed signs for chester lol

My friend says to get a tom tom instead...
My sat nav now apparently wants me to pay £50 for map updates...I havent even had it a year..
(its taking a little trip back to the store I think !!!)

I wont be buying that one then Emm! LOL

Ive got a Tom Tom, would def recommend them.

I still get lost...because when its busy I panick...but then I could get lost on a stamp..Im better now I have it on 'Ken' but when I had the directions on 'The Don' I nearly threw it out the window!

Hi Fiona, get a TOMTOM they are fab fab fab good luck in choosing one,watch out for the sales before or after xmas though to get a good bargain!!!!

Thanks all for your recommendations etc. I have bought one. I needed it for this weekend and it just so happens that a friend of mine's husband drives all over the world and so I went with the one he recommended which was actually a Navman S90i.

I'll close this now because I dont feel the need for loads more recommendations LOL. If anyone wants to continue this for their own information, as in they are looking to buy one then let me know as it can be reopened.

It needs to work within a few minutes of me getting in the car and not having to wait about 10 miles LOL.
LOL :lol:

I think 'our' Tomasina had a problem starting up due to being 'undercover', plus, sometimes sat navs can have problems when they're in heavily built up areas.

I have a TomTom XL Europe and have no problems, would deffo recommend it :green:

When you get one are you calling 'her' francesXXX? :wink2:

LOL :lol:

When you get one are you calling 'her' francesXXX? :wink2:

No I am sorry I wont be - no offence to any francesXXX's but I got called that at school and it always reminded me of a poodle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back