I want to bleach my hair 'this color' with Sally's products, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazel06

Reaction score
hi
i want to bleach my hair like the pic

haircolor1jpg.jpg picture by hazel_08 - Photobucket

http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee225/hazel_08/?action=view&current=haircolor1jpg-1.jpg

my natural color is a dark brown-black color (there no dye in it at all last time i dye my hair was 5 years ago)
i want to do it my self
but first im going to practice on my hair
( what i used to do is take some hair strands and pratice on my hair or cut some hair then practice on it)

will i need 2 diffrent toners ? if so what color
and what kind of bleach should i use
i will be buying products from sallys please tell me what to use

im going to practice before i actually do my whole hair so i will be very carefull and please dont tell me to go to a salon
i want to do this my self
thanks

Last edited:
Sorry, but as you dont appear to be a Hair stylist it would be very ill advised for any professional to advise on what you should use - you could cause untold damage to yourself.

As a non professional I would be surprised if you could buy these items in Sallys anyway.

If you are doing a consumer job then you should stick to consumer products.

sally does sell bleach and toners and you dont have to be a professional to use it .they do have stuff where you have to show an id that you are a professional ,but i wont be using that stuff thats for professionals only.

sally does sell bleach and toners and you dont have to be a professional to use it .they do have stuff where you have to show an id that you are a professional ,but i wont be using that stuff thats for professionals only.
i understand what you are saying,but for us to give you a non professional advice on how to dye your hair yourself would be not a professional thing to do.
there are many things that could go wrong such as an alergic reaction and if this happened what would you do? none of us wants to be responsible if something went wrong.
i hope you understand and can see it from our point of view.
you are welcome to ask advice on where to go and what you should ask for to have this done.x

can yous pick at a color toner at least?

can yous pick at a color toner at least?
i cant as im not a hairdresser but im sure someone who knows what they are talking about will help you.x

I'm sorry but as a hairdresser I cannot advise you on any products toners bleach etc to use on yourself,
If ,as tracy lousie said you were to have some sort of reaction to the colours or any product you use which there could be a chance as you said yourself you havent had your hair coloured for the past 5 years it could have terrible repercussions. It would be unprofessional to give out professional advice to someone who has not had the correct training.

Can I ask why you have said you dont want to be told to go to a salon?

sorry its not the answer your looking for but....Is there a local college that you can go to they are always crying out for people to beable to have a go at colouring... and its normally a fraction of the price .

All I can suggest as a Hairdresser is to go to the Hairdressers and get it done properly. You may not need to be a Pro to buy products from Sallys but with what can go wrong and trying to understand mixing ratios for colours a lot can and will no doubt go wrong.

Its us Hairdressers that have to correct the mess of non pros Hair Colour mistakes.

Would you attempt to fix an electrical error in your own home? I hope not!!

Sorry hun but the thought of someone untrained trying to use professional products makes me shudder. You could give your scalp 3rd degree burns which could result in your skin being so badly damaged you'd never grow hair again, your hair could all fall out.................
You could have an allergic reaction to the products causing you to suffer from skin complaints and complications for the rest of your life.
There is a very good reason why hair dressers spend so much time and money becoming qualified.
Some of the wholesales do training courses and need models for these, so do the collages. My daughter is often asked to be a model, she just gave them her phone number and they call her up, she gets her hair done, she's waxed, spray tanned,all sorts of stuff, she's never paid a penny for any of it and she's always come away looking amazing.

hi , if you did it yourslf theres no way you could get a result like this , im trained and touch my own up ,but i couldnt do this myself . for a start theres three differant colours in there only 1 is a strong bleach andits quite well deffined the problem is if you do it yourself it will smudge or bleed and a dark colour smudged on blond is not good ,or vice versa bleach smudged into dark = orange .
even using proffessional products doesnt guarantee a proffessional finish

i would go to a salon and get it done professional as it looks like it was been lightened and then had low lights put through

Yikes.

Bleaching hair is harsh and requires knowlege on not only the product but proper technique, and for you to attempt to do it yourself is just not smart. Even us stylists/students need help when it comes to bleaching most of the time.

Defintely spend the extra money and go to someone who knows what they are doing. Even go to a local cosmetology school, they are trained to use bleach properly and have instructors to overlook the entire process.

am not being awful hun but if you are wanting a result like the pics you really should go to a salon , because even if you had the right products then you wont have the skill to apply it correctly to get the desired finish ,
it really isnt a case of slapping it on random bits
i hope you dont think am being awful but you just think how many people mess their own hair up !!!

Ask the staff at Sally's. They are very knowledgeable and can probably tell you what you need and of course, it goes without saying that it is at your own risk. Correct me of I am wrong, but Sally's sells to the average consumer however, their products are not as potent as professional products, which make them safe, so I believe you have no great risk than if you just went to Wal-Mart and bought hair dye.....it's just that Sally's sells it the way the pros do it. (again, I stand corrected).

Latest posts

Back