Ibd ultra seal - advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

platinum lady

Reaction score
Having used ultraseal for the 1st time i found that the 1st hand i set was perfect and really shiny as prmised after cleansing but the second hand was dull, dull, dull! Could this be because i set it for too long? or is there any other possible explanation, dont want it to happen again and know i didnt do anything different otherwise from the 1st hand?? :eek:

hi ya

ive had this trouble too, someone suggested that i didnt wait for the nail to go matte after wiping it with the nail surface cleanser. or not curing long enough, or bulbs need changing.

in the end i used intense seal and had to troubles since then

hope that gives you some ideas

xx

You should use the sponge nail wipes they carry, wet it on both sides and dab the tacky layer, use a new sponge for each hand and use both sides. If you wipe it will go dull. I've had problems too, this works but I'm not willing to spend the time.

Hi there:

Its funny somebody mentioned this problem as well. I have been a qualified nail technician for 8 years, pretty experience in the industry, worked with IBD for more than 4 years now and a couple of months ago had the same problem with this product, something that has never happened before in all the years I've been working with it.

To cut the story short I rang the company directly to explain the problem. I suggested there might have been a change of chemicals in the gel, their reply was; They were going to try the gel themselvels and see the results. Unfortunatley for me it worked for them something I've not try to achieve for the last couple of tries. The last couple of bottles I had to return them back to the company and the supplier I bought them from having kindly my money back. I was quite sad when I had to say to them if they can't find anything wrong with it I was affraid I had to stop buying it which I did, real shame cause now I'm not working with any ultra seal at all and my clients really liked it but not if it doesn't work.

I don't use an IBD lamp which was another of the excuses they found but I also explained to them that my lamp had the same voltage strenght as theirs and the UV Seal always worked in it before.

So that's my experince which I thought I should post as I Knew there will be somebody else out there struggling with this product. I couln't be the
only one as they try to make it look like by saying it never happened before and they had no complaints from anybody else.

Hey doll,

Had the same prob with ultra seal, gave up with eventually!! Whatever I did one hand or some nails would be dull or pitted. I changed to intense seal, which is aaaamazing!! Glass like finish with no inhibition layre and always cures perfectly (i do cure for a lil longer than suggested though), only prob is it glows in uv light haha, so stay away from strobe lights!!

Yeh my suggestion is bin it and buy some Intense Seal, Brilliant stuff!!

Yes Intense Seal is Great, But Ultra Seal is better for clients that don't like the blue light efect,
Two things that a realy important with IBD Ultra Seal :-
1.That you use IBD Cleanser + (other uv cleanser can cause dulling)
2.As Ice Princess said earlier you must use Gel sponges and pat then pull & not wipe as this also causes dulling

Hope one of these answers your problems as these are the only problems that IBD state as causing dullness

Yes Intense Seal is Great, But Ultra Seal is better for clients that don't like the blue light efect,
Two things that a realy important with IBD Ultra Seal :-
1.That you use IBD Cleanser + (other uv cleanser can cause dulling)
2.As Ice Princess said earlier you must use Gel sponges and pat then pull & not wipe as this also causes dulling

Hope one of these answers your problems as these are the only problems that IBD state as causing dullness

I also found that if i wiped too many nails with the one wipe it had the same effect.

Latest posts

Back