IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on the pre order waiting list xx:hug:

lol. at the fact that LB have a pre-order waiting list... so effectively you have pre-ordered your pre-order!!

Is it best to per order this or will it be available to buy at the beauty show x

Is it best to per order this or will it be available to buy at the beauty show x

you can do either, it will be at the show, but Louella Belle will start selling on Feb. 10th.

It wasn't me wanting to complicate things Gigi.
As you know i like to know and FULLY understand how a product works.
So i can advise,use correctly and know what i'm talking about in my marketing. I'm afraid if i don't fully understand i WILL ask...repeatedly until i do.
I'm that girl and the back of the class with her hand up constantly...the one all the other students "scoff" at because they just wanna finish for the day and get home.In my eyes...makes for a better nail technician...

Tunnel technology explained=got it :hug:
Louise, I wasn't meaning you! Wanting to learn is not complicating things. Lol

Thank you for your question; it gave me the opportunity to try explain simply that which is of course complicated technology, BUT that which is in fact a very simple service to perform. Not complicated at all. :hug:

Once you use IBX yourself it is hard not to be a believer. This client moved on Wed and damaged a few nails then decided to RIP off the remainder of her acrylic :(
I have converted Every single client and no clients of mine will ever have any nail treatment done before IBX

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1390077422304.jpg
    1390077422304.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 1,436
  • 1390077434172.jpg
    1390077434172.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 969
  • 1390077445040.jpg
    1390077445040.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 515
Has anyone tried it under gel polish and how did it wear?
Very excited counting the days down until I get hold of it and a bit jealous well very jealous that u techs have the ibx before me

Has anyone tried it under gel polish and how did it wear?
Very excited counting the days down until I get hold of it and a bit jealous well very jealous that u techs have the ibx before me
I'm wearing it now under my Shellac. :green: been one week today .. So far all is perfect. Why wouldn't it be? IBX is completely compatible with all UV cured polishes.

I have to admit its been some time since I saw so much excitement for a new product - I can't wait either, I'm also on the LB list!!

Hi ladies and gents

I'm mobile and use Shellac obviously I'm mega excited about IBX. My only reservation is how to heat the nail plate without having to buy a large nail dryer. Have we ascertained yet whether the white minx lamp is sufficient or is there another alternative. Carrying more stuff is not my favorite pastime so anything small is such an advantage.

:hug: karen

Hi ladies and gents

I'm mobile and use Shellac obviously I'm mega excited about IBX. My only reservation is how to heat the nail plate without having to buy a large nail dryer. Have we ascertained yet whether the white minx lamp is sufficient or is there another alternative. Carrying more stuff is not my favorite pastime so anything small is such an advantage.

All you need is an IR lamp with a bulb wattage of 75-100w - I ordered a Beurer one with a 3 year warranty - only the best for IBX :)

So to get this straight in my head...

Ibx repair on delamination/dehydration. Full gap. Heat 1 min, cure 2 (cnd lamp). Blot.
Ibx all over, heat 5 mins, cure 2. Blot.
Ibx all over again, heat 3 mins, cure 2. Blot.
Polish/shellac at this point? Would you do an extra layer of repair all over if doing under shellac?

Ibx repair over entire nail before shellac, heat 1 min, cure 2. Blot.
Ibx all over. Heat 5, cure 2. Blot.
Ibx all over. Heat 3, cure 2. Blot.
Shellac.

2nd appointment:

Ibx repair all over, heat 1, cure 2. Blot. (Or into damaged areas)
Ibx all over, heat 3, cure 2. Blot.
Shellac

So we will use as much repair as ibx?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok last application of IBX
Pic 1 after IBX repair and 1st app of IBX and then scrubfresh ready for second app
View attachment 53012

Pic 2 after second IBX app heat lamp for 3 mins and blotted
View attachment 53013

Pic 3 after 2 mins in CND lamp again less visible product after this stage
View attachment 53014

Pic 4 final scrubfresh IBX app is complete and ready to proceed with manicure for polish or (for me) Shellac. HUGE difference in appearance of dehydration on the nail and the appearance of damage near the free edge of the index finger has minimised.
View attachment 53015

I am curious to see how much better they are after another application next time

I think your nails are perfect for IBX, I would give yourself an IBX treatment once a week for a few weeks!

Hi ladies and gents

Karen, the Minx Lamp is perfect!

So to get this straight in my head...

Ibx repair on delamination/dehydration. Full gap. Heat 1 min, cure 2 (cnd lamp). Blot.
Ibx all over, heat 5 mins, cure 2. Blot.
Ibx all over again, heat 3 mins, cure 2. Blot.
Polish/shellac at this point? Would you do an extra layer of repair all over if doing under shellac?

Ibx repair over entire nail before shellac, heat 1 min, cure 2. Blot.
Ibx all over. Heat 5, cure 2. Blot.
Ibx all over. Heat 3, cure 2. Blot.
Shellac.

2nd appointment:

Ibx repair all over, heat 1, cure 2. Blot. (Or into damaged areas)
Ibx all over, heat 3, cure 2. Blot.
Shellac

So we will use as much repair as ibx?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO BLOT BEFORE YOU CURE!!!!!!

IBX REPAIR IS USED OVER THE ENTIRE NAIL ONLY WHEN USED UNDER GEL POLISH.

SEE IF THIS HELPS, HERE IS A LITTLE CHEAT SHEET FOR YOU.

Apply
Heat
Blot
Cure
Cleanse

Please let me know if you need more information.

Will remember 'AppHeBloCC' :)

A question to the geeks who've used it on clients, how did you go about getting them to have it? Did you do a free trial, show them pictures, just talk them into it?

Also were they happy before hand to pay the extra price? I understand that once they have it on they're really pleased it's just how to get over that initial scepticism & money issue that's interesting me, especially for the ones who don't have really badly damaged nails.

Karaxxx

A question to the geeks who've used it on clients, how did you go about getting them to have it? Did you do a free trial, show them pictures, just talk them into it?

Also were they happy before hand to pay the extra price? I understand that once they have it on they're really pleased it's just how to get over that initial scepticism & money issue that's interesting me, especially for the ones who don't have really badly damaged nails.

Karaxxx

I'm never going to promote a service a client doesn't NEED. I do think IBX will help every clients nails to fight dehydration, just like conditioner helps dry brittle processed hair, but if they are happy with their natural nail condition the I'm not going to foist the service on them.

It's mainly clients themselves who have been complaining about dehydration and brittle nails, white patches etc. it certainly is not going to be difficult to offer the IBX service to those clients and get payment for it.

I like being prescriptive with all clients and giving them personal treatments they need; where it is my job to diagnose and prescribe the right services for them. It might be an interesting exercise to build and offer a new service to ex-enhancement wearers or biters with damaged nails (or anyone with nail challenges who wants to wear CND Shellac successfully to grow their own nails) which includes the price of adding IBX to their nails in the service cost.

Last edited:
Thanks Geeg, I completely agree I wouldn't foist anything on anyone I'm just not like that I have never be able to do the hard sell.

Not having the product I was just interested in how people we introducing it to clients and how those clients who were having it felt about paying the extra. I know it's not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things but it is extra and clients are sceptical about "extras".

Karaxxx

Thanks Geeg, I completely agree I wouldn't foist anything on anyone I'm just not like that I have never be able to do the hard sell.

Not having the product I was just interested in how people we introducing it to clients and how those clients who were having it felt about paying the extra. I know it's not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things but it is extra and clients are sceptical about "extras".

Karaxxx
Some of us are very fortunate to have had the chance to use IBX before launch date but it will be hard just now to answer you because no one IS using IBX yet. Lol. It has only just been launched to distributors ... But it has been used extensively in trails with terrific results.

Once they know about it from their technicians, clients will be requesting IBX if they are concerned about their nails.

Once technicians have used it successfully, they will be shouting out the results to others who need it.

It will be very useful to document results with photographs os your real clients for people to see when they come to the salon.

If it is with you as it is with me, that your clients respect you, trust you and follow your advice, then it is going to be a piece of cake to encourage clients to use it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back