IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why respond so curtly in the first place? It was rude and hurtful to
See someone try and make you look
Silly.

Yes indeed, if you feel the need to have a pop at someone, do it via private message and indeed again, why bother responding if your going to be obnoxious?

I'm so fed up of the way people speak to others on here. If you genuinely meant no harm by your post, I would just like to point out it sounded quite nasty and this is backed up by 'others' chiming in too so maybe it was just badly written but no one has the right to call anyone out like that.

I assumed that because no one has responded that my post had been lost, therefore bumped it, not that anyone was obnoxious enough to ignore me because the answer was buried in the thread previously

Thanks for the info, I do appriciate it x

I totally get why you thought my reply was curt (rude and obnoxios is really unnecessary language) . if you had messaged me I would have happily ammended it. Now it has been quoted twice and you are continually calling ,me rude and questioning my motives so whats done is done.. It is not obxious to skip a question which has already been answered and its not silly not too see an answer buried in a long thread. Please don't put words in my mouth. Don't want to derail this thread so hope we can leave it there. x

Syncage's post didn't come across rude to me, so everyone reads comments differently. Whether they're meant to be rude or not. Shellac newbie, syncage did apologise so I don't see why another post has to be made to argue about it again. Back to the ibx questions......

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/251527-ibx-before-after.html

Here's a link to another thread where I think the info is more confined, so that might answer some of your queries.

It's hard to find the right info on this long thread, and I don't fancy trawling through it all, but maybe we all need to mind how we "speak" and how it might come across.

There is also a facebook page where more direct info can be gained.

I totally get why you thought my reply was curt (rude and obnoxios is really unnecessary language) . if you had messaged me I would have happily ammended it. Now it has been quoted twice and you are continually calling ,me rude and questioning my motives so whats done is done.. It is not obxious to skip a question which has already been answered and its not silly not too see an answer buried in a long thread. Please don't put words in my mouth. Don't want to derail this thread so hope we can leave it there. x

Forgotten, thanks for explaining x

I guess these questions are for Jim/Linda. If I don't get a response I will e-mail them directly but I'm sure the replies would be useful for everyone to see.

What is the reason that IBX is applied twice the first time? WE WANT TO GET AS MUCH IBX DEPOSITED INTO THE NAIL ON THE FIRST APPLICATION FOR ADDED STRENGTH
Would there be any circumstances where it might be need to be applied three times, or conversely only once? (On a first time application I mean) NO, WE WOULD ONLY APPLY IT TWICE

If there has been a significant time between treatments would you apply IBX twice to the new nail growth only / twice to the whole nail / or just apply it once? YOU WOULD APPLY JUST ONCE TO THE ENTIRE NAIL

Why does IBX repair only need 1 min heating time but IBX required 3-5 minutes? REPAIR IS THINNER
Have you had a chance to do any experimentation with cutting the heating times down? WE ARE TESTING THAT RIGH NOW-WILL KEEP YOU POSTED

-----

And this final question for anyone... Do you find this treatment has any beneficial effect on flat or ski jump nails and if so did it require multiple (how many) treatments to see an improvement?

I BELIEVE THAT OVER A PERIOD OF TIME YOU MAY FIND THAT IBX WILL HELP THAT FLAT/SKI JUMP NAIL TO HAVE A BETTER SHAPE.
-------
Let's try and answer all of your questions: see above::

Is everyone using scrub fresh to cleanse?

Linda Nordstrom said to use scrubs rest to cleanse in a thread on fb today :)

I use Scrubfresh at every cleanse step xxx

I guess these questions are for Jim/Linda. If I don't get a response I will e-mail them directly but I'm sure the replies would be useful for everyone to see.

What is the reason that IBX is applied twice the first time?
Would there be any circumstances where it might be need to be applied three times, or conversely only once? (On a first time application I mean)

If there has been a significant time between treatments would you apply IBX twice to the new nail growth only / twice to the whole nail / or just apply it once?

Why does IBX repair only need 1 min heating time but IBX required 3-5 minutes?

Have you had a chance to do any experimentation with cutting the heating times down?

-----

And this final question for anyone... Do you find this treatment has any beneficial effect on flat or ski jump nails and if so did it require multiple (how many) treatments to see an improvement?

-------
I got some feedback from nail techs regarding your queries as I thought they were interesting questions I wanted know myself;

- As the natural nail hasn’t been treated with a penetrative product such as IBX the two applications on the first service ensures full coverage/ bonding within the layers of the nail plate. Single applications for on-going is a ‘top up ‘ application to maintain protection.

- No just the two on first application.

- Repair is design to repair peeling, splitting, cracking and delamination of the nail plate, as this is general more superficial it doesn’t need to penetrate as deep into the nail plate layers. Repair is also a thinner consistency, so it will penetrate faster. IBX uses carrier/ natural oils to catty the strengthening properties into the nail plate and therefore requires a heat source for a longer period of time? And as IBX is the strength of the system, we want to make sure that each application gets the full penetration.

- IBX has been tried and tested over a number of years with various types of heat sources and nail types and the method described in the instruction achieves the best results.

- IBX and IBX Repair is a product to strengthen and protect the natural nail, there are no guarantees that it will change the genetics of the growth pattern of the natural nail however, over time and on-going application we have seen nail plates become thicker and healthier.. How quickly improvements will be seen very much depends on frequency of the treatment and the severity of the damage.

Hope that helps as much as it helped me x

Hopefully someone will be able to answer them for me please .....

1: This is a permanent nail treatment, what happens if the client has a reaction? we cant remove it... so would we need to do a test on one nail to see what happpens.

2: What is the procedure on regular appointments? The first application i get, but on the next appointment and so on... do you just do the re growth or all of the nail...

Tia

Sorry if this has been asked/answered. As a newbie I was just wondering how ibx is different to NH vitagel (other than its a different product) it just seems to be aiming producing same result x Help confused :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry if this has been asked/answered. As a newbie I was just wondering how ibx is different to NH vitagel (other than its a different product) it just seems to be aiming producing same result x Help confused :(

VitaGel works on the surface of the nail and IBX actually penetrates and works inside the nail. IBX is a permanent treatment. IBX is adhesion neutral so it doesn't affect application of gel polish.
THis link explains a bit better with some pics!
Education | Learn about The IBX System Nail Treatment by Famous Names

To me, it appears to be completely different. The Vitagel seems to be a gel that goes onto a buffed nail and is cured, leaving a 'gel' type finish.

IBX soaks into the nail, no buffing, and the residue is removed leaving a healthier looking natural nail - no gel or shine.

From what I have seen of Vitagel, it also needs to be removed, whereas IBX is just left, as there is nothing to remove!

I don't know a lot about Vitagel, but IBX is already becoming popular with my clients because there is no surface residue, so no maintenance, just great looking nails!

Vicki x

I have been told, to not apply IBX more than once per week, as over treatment may result in brittleness. This system is designed to help you cumulatively build strength back into your natural nail, meaning once the nail starts to improve from more intense damage, every two to three weeks is perfect.

Jim N: Well said. More than once per week can lead to brittleness and breakage.

So IBX should not be used alone, always under a gel polish of some sort?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Jim N: No. IF you are using under gel polish, you use both IBX and IBX Repair. The IBX System is also a fantastic natural nail grower. In that sense the Repair is only used on specific nail damage such as delamination, splitting and peeling. IBX is applied to each and every nail.

Hopefully someone will be able to answer them for me please .....

1: This is a permanent nail treatment, what happens if the client has a reaction? we cant remove it... so would we need to do a test on one nail to see what happpens.

2: What is the procedure on regular appointments? The first application i get, but on the next appointment and so on... do you just do the re growth or all of the nail...

Tia

You should always ask you client if they have ever been sensitized to a nail product, if so, do not apply IBX. If you are concerned, do 1 test nail like you said.

Ongoing treatment consists of Repair (if needed) and IBX over the entire nail, but only need the heat for 3 minutes..

Hope that helped!

Latest posts

Back