IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my IBX this morning and cannot wait to try it....hopefully going to get a few clients hooked tomorrow. I wanted to put a advert on my Facebook page just to compare would anyone mind sharing their pricing structures with me please. I'm not sure what to charge!

Also have anyone managed to clarify whether we use scrub fresh or d-sperse yet?

Thanks in advance

Jody x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can use whichever you would normally use with your gel polish.
I use scrubfresh.

I got some feedback from nail techs regarding your queries as I thought they were interesting questions I wanted know myself;

- As the natural nail hasn’t been treated with a penetrative product such as IBX the two applications on the first service ensures full coverage/ bonding within the layers of the nail plate. Single applications for on-going is a ‘top up ‘ application to maintain protection.

- No just the two on first application.

- Repair is design to repair peeling, splitting, cracking and delamination of the nail plate, as this is general more superficial it doesn’t need to penetrate as deep into the nail plate layers. Repair is also a thinner consistency, so it will penetrate faster. IBX uses carrier/ natural oils to catty the strengthening properties into the nail plate and therefore requires a heat source for a longer period of time? And as IBX is the strength of the system, we want to make sure that each application gets the full penetration.

- IBX has been tried and tested over a number of years with various types of heat sources and nail types and the method described in the instruction achieves the best results.

- IBX and IBX Repair is a product to strengthen and protect the natural nail, there are no guarantees that it will change the genetics of the growth pattern of the natural nail however, over time and on-going application we have seen nail plates become thicker and healthier.. How quickly improvements will be seen very much depends on frequency of the treatment and the severity of the damage.

Hope that helps as much as it helped me x

Great job explaining!

Hi All,

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been helping out with the applications instructions for IBX. Whenever we use something that is new and has different application techniques it can be confusing for sure.

You are all welcome to email me [email protected] with any questions and I will gladly answer them for you!!!!

See you next week hopefully!

To me, it appears to be completely different. The Vitagel seems to be a gel that goes onto a buffed nail and is cured, leaving a 'gel' type finish.

IBX soaks into the nail, no buffing, and the residue is removed leaving a healthier looking natural nail - no gel or shine.

From what I have seen of Vitagel, it also needs to be removed, whereas IBX is just left, as there is nothing to remove!

I don't know a lot about Vitagel, but IBX is already becoming popular with my clients because there is no surface residue, so no maintenance, just great looking nails!

Vicki x

Thanks for detailed reply. Like I said I a nail newbie so still finding my feet x

Makes total sense. Thanks again x

First IBX client today, this lady has had acrylics for 20 years (never done by me), I have been battling for a year now trying to improve her nails and although they are better, they are not great, 2nd pic is with the IBX, 3rd pic is finished with smoothing gel and shellac. Time will tell with the IBX, I will keep you updated! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392412667.298825.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392420024.218945.jpg
This is my first client using IBX. Didn't think much until we put the pics together and u can see a difference after this one application!! Have to say she is very happy and so am I!!

Could one of you please message me the price of the duo pack? Just putting an s2 order in and need to keep pennies back lol xx

It's not from S2 it's from Louella Belle. :)

I really like the sound of this but after reading the whole thread I am slightly confused on application so I will follow this thread and see what everyone thinks of it first, I was taken in by Vitagel and very disappointed with that :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I really like the sound of this but after reading the whole thread I am slightly confused on application so I will follow this thread and see what everyone thinks of it first, I was taken in by Vitagel and very disappointed with that :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sharny - it's very simple application. Just because it's so new there's been a little confusion and people finding different ways. I believe Jim and Linda are currently testing to see of the heat time can be reduced too :) as it's all new things are bound to change. But... EVERY tech should have this!!! It's fab :) xxx

Hi ladies,
Please excuse me if this has already been asked, but this thread is really long & nothing coming up in the search.

I bought & used Ibx on myself. I read the instructions on the website, was given a brochure on application at my supplier & have the instructions from the duo pack.

They are slightly different. 1 set of instructions says to place under led light for 1 minute & the others say, "place hand under an LED-style lamp using the manufacturer’s recommended cure time for their gel polish color" (my lamp & colour are from the same system & only needs 30 seconds)

So, could someone please confirm how long it should be under led light?

Thanks.

Hi ladies,
Please excuse me if this has already been asked, but this thread is really long & nothing coming up in the search.

I bought & used Ibx on myself. I read the instructions on the website, was given a brochure on application at my supplier & have the instructions from the duo pack.

They are slightly different. 1 set of instructions says to place under led light for 1 minute & the others say, "place hand under an LED-style lamp using the manufacturer’s recommended cure time for their gel polish color" (my lamp & colour are from the same system & only needs 30 seconds)

So, could someone please confirm how long it should be under led light?

Thanks.

However long your manufacturer recommendeds for a colour coat of gel polish. Ie. I use Gelish and have the 18G lamp and mine is recommended to cure colour coats for 30secs. So this is how long I cure IBX ;) xxx

Thanks glamoureyes11,

I did mine for 30 seconds, but before applying to a client, i want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

I just got a but confused since the instructions on the website differ slightly to the instructions that come with the product.

I was actually leaning towards curing for 1 minute as that is what the instructions that came with the product say.

First IBX client today, this lady has had acrylics for 20 years (never done by me), I have been battling for a year now trying to improve her nails and although they are better, they are not great, 2nd pic is with the IBX, 3rd pic is finished with smoothing gel and shellac. Time will tell with the IBX, I will keep you updated! View attachment 56299

Jim N: Wow, her nails are trashed! I think it will take 1-2 more applications to see a big difference. Please keep us posted! Nice job though! What kind of acryllic was she wearing?

However long your manufacturer recommendeds for a colour coat of gel polish. Ie. I use Gelish and have the 18G lamp and mine is recommended to cure colour coats for 30secs. So this is how long I cure IBX ;) xxx

Jim N: sorry for the confusion! Glamoureyes is correct. When you create something so unique and original, its hard to anticipate all the questions and issues.

Jim N: Wow, her nails are trashed! I think it will take 1-2 more applications to see a big difference. Please keep us posted! Nice job though! What kind of acryllic was she wearing?

I can't remember now, it wasn't CND though. Also when she first came to me she had her acrylic on which I removed, on removal she had huge black/green bacteria on one nail. Apparently her previous nail tech told her it was where water got trapped! Hhhmmm! Anyway I will keep you updated.

Where do u buy the ibx please? X

Hope this pic comes on, cos I ain't quite sure if I've done it right!!! This lady wears nothing on her nails just the occasional polish if she's going out. The difference is amazing after one application, don't think I can wait till she comes next week for her second treatment with IBX. 🙈:Love:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 453

Latest posts

Back