IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will send you the instruction----you never want to cure Repair/IBX on top of the nail! I am going to send you my own personal ones I work from. Please let me know this helps!!!

No I use the repair then heat source, don't take off access then cure, then scrubfresh then apply IBX, heat source & cure.

Ok thank you!

I'm looking into getting this as it could be ideal for mine and a friends nails
Can someone please explain the steps too me. Like it's done, I have standard uv lamp but no gel polishes just hard gel and acrylic

I'm looking into getting this as it could be ideal for mine and a friends nails
Can someone please explain the steps too me. Like it's done, I have standard uv lamp but no gel polishes just hard gel and acrylic

you can go onto the website at www.ibxnails.com, under education you will see fast track instruction, you can print them right from the website.

Ladies, have searched for a thread but can't find anything, but what are UK techs charging for their first IBX Repair treatment for gel polish users and then for subsequent applications.

I seem to recall it being £10 and then £5 extra, is that the norm as I need to update my website. :)

Ladies, have searched for a thread but can't find anything, but what are UK techs charging for their first IBX Repair treatment for gel polish users and then for subsequent applications.

I seem to recall it being £10 and then £5 extra, is that the norm as I need to update my website. :)

I charge £10 for the first app then £8 for subsequent ones or £25 for a course of 3 treatments.

I have one similar to this that I bought from current body for £17 and it works well, I got an electrician to add a switch to mine as I got fed up unplugging it all the time lol. It can get very warm so I tell clients to pull their hands further back so it is comfortable. As long as the lamp is no more than 100w, which is the wattage on this lamp it will be fine. X

Thank you. :) as this is adjustable I'm assuming that people can place their hand on the table and I can direct the lamp onto their hand from a distance?

Thank you. :) as this is adjustable I'm assuming that people can place their hand on the table and I can direct the lamp onto their hand from a distance?

I have this lamp it only points straight ahead or upwards just to let you know x

I apply IBX to both hands (fingers on each obviously lol) then get clients to make a claw hand (so thumbs get beat too) and I hold my lamp at the correct angle and distance, then blot and cure in uv lamp. I find this saves time, I used to put the lamp on my plush brush so it tilted correctly but found I then had to wait anyway for the time on each hand so was quicker to apply IBX on both hands then heat, blot, cure. I hope this makes sense xx

Hi Linda

I can't find the email you sent me with the latest IBX instructions.
Would you be able to re-send it?

I'm still finding some of my clients saying it's not helping them, but I'm explaining to them I swear by the results of IBX.

For splits & delamination how many courses do you recommend for the client and far apart?

Hi Linda

I can't find the email you sent me with the latest IBX instructions.
Would you be able to re-send it?

I'm still finding some of my clients saying it's not helping them, but I'm explaining to them I swear by the results of IBX.

For splits & delamination how many courses do you recommend for the client and far apart?

Send me an email so I can attach some directions, are the clients you are talking about splitting and peeling nails? [email protected]

Thank you for your reply Linda.

Yes splitting,peeling & weak nails.

Louella Belle also offer a heat lamp that is really flexible to use on your clients and its only £19.95! Hope this helps x

Can anyone help me...

I've been treating a lady with IBX due to peeling and delamination.

When leave they look like this
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422483920.343351.jpg

And when I return a week later they look like this
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422483946.600618.jpg

She's using solar oil daily (she keeps buying it so must be true), she says she wears gloves for any cleaning etc, not on any medication, balanced diet. I'm at a loss as to what's wrong with her nails! Any advice?x

Can anyone help me...

I've been treating a lady with IBX due to peeling and delamination.

When leave they look like this
View attachment 81659

And when I return a week later they look like this
View attachment 81660

She's using solar oil daily (she keeps buying it so must be true), she says she wears gloves for any cleaning etc, not on any medication, balanced diet. I'm at a loss as to what's wrong with her nails! Any advice?x

When using IBX, are you using Repair first, with nails like hers Repair should be put INTO the split, not on top of it, so once you slide the Repair into that split, heat for 1 minute, then LIGHTLY blot, you don't want to put any pressure on the top of the split when you blot as you could push out the Repair, cure, cleanse. if her nails are really deep splits, you could repeat Repair again, then apply IBX to the surface. Hope this helps?

When using IBX, are you using Repair first, with nails like hers Repair should be put INTO the split, not on top of it, so once you slide the Repair into that split, heat for 1 minute, then LIGHTLY blot, you don't want to put any pressure on the top of the split when you blot as you could push out the Repair, cure, cleanse. if her nails are really deep splits, you could repeat Repair again, then apply IBX to the surface. Hope this helps?

Linda, thank you for replying! I have been putting repair into the split. Maybe I'm using too much pressure when blotting. Thought I was being careful but I'll try harder lol. Anything else it could be?

Linda, thank you for replying! I have been putting repair into the split. Maybe I'm using too much pressure when blotting. Thought I was being careful but I'll try harder lol. Anything else it could be?

It seems like you are doing everything correct, the pressure is huge, so maybe if your get Repair directly into the splits and none on top you can even eliminate the blot on that step that way you are using no pressure. if her splits are big, maybe try the Repair into this twice. Let me know what happens.

Linda, ive done IBX treatments on two clients, one after acrylic removal (not done by me) and one to strengthen her nails (no damage). Both came in for their second round this week and both have developed oncholysis. The client with damaged nails from acrylic removal is worse then the other lady. I have trimmed back and told them to apply plenty of dadi oil and have gone through does and don't of their nails again.

I'm baffled as to why they have developed oncholysis, I'm wondering if this would be a sort of allergy to the IBX itself? All steps were done normally, same as rest of IBX clients. The acrylic removal client I pulled the lamp (100watt bulb) back a bit as I was worried about it hearing too much since her nails were paper thin. Do you know what could cause this?

I had to stop using IBX as well as I developed an allergy to it (my skin was peeling around the cuticles and free edge). I will keep you updated on their next appointment, I'm hoping that it will be better and just a one time thing.

Linda, ive done IBX treatments on two clients, one after acrylic removal (not done by me) and one to strengthen her nails (no damage). Both came in for their second round this week and both have developed oncholysis. The client with damaged nails from acrylic removal is worse then the other lady. I have trimmed back and told them to apply plenty of dadi oil and have gone through does and don't of their nails again.

I'm baffled as to why they have developed oncholysis, I'm wondering if this would be a sort of allergy to the IBX itself? All steps were done normally, same as rest of IBX clients. The acrylic removal client I pulled the lamp (100watt bulb) back a bit as I was worried about it hearing too much since her nails were paper thin. Do you know what could cause this?

I had to stop using IBX as well as I developed an allergy to it (my skin was peeling around the cuticles and free edge). I will keep you updated on their next appointment, I'm hoping that it will be better and just a one time thing.

I do not think IBX could cause this in one visit. If someone is allergic, they would be allergic to monomers. Can you tell me if either clients (and yourself) have every been overexposed to monomers? I am going to chat with Jim on this and get his opinion, give me a couple of days as he is in Dubai right now.

Latest posts

Back