IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I know ;)
BTW I took my gels off last night and finally had a chance to apply IBX to myself and it is more, much more than I expected!
The discomfort you get from not having anything on your nails is immediately remedied and the damage from buffing them off is most all gone

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Hi Linda,

this is Barbara from Germany (you know ;-)) and I have some questions. I write it here in the forum because I think it may be interesting for some more geeks:

What is your suggestion for peoples with damaged natural nails who don`t want gel polishes, only restaurate their nails. How many treatments would be necessary in average and in what intervals?

Is it also possible to use a heat lamp with more than 75 – 100 Watt? I am looking for an Infrarotlamp and the good ones here in Germany have 150 Watt. If it is possible to use 150 Watt shall I increase the distance or is it possible to reduce the time of irradiation?

Thank you so much for your replay!

It all depends on the nail and how badly damaged it is, most people feel something in the first treatment, but remember this is an ongoing treatment, if you look at our website you will see different timing, some saw immediate results after 2 applications, some took longer, but when you look at the before shots of the nails that took longer, you can see why!!! You can do treatments no more than once a week, as the nails get better go to every 2 weeks and eventually every 3 weeks.

NO, you do not want to use more than a 75-100 watt bulb!!!!! Remember we only need "WARMTH" not heat. There is already avocado and jojoba oils in IBX to help the product penetrate, that along with "warmth" is what make the product work.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Forgot a picture! A picture is worth more than a thousand words :)
As you can see the damage is there from buffing off my gels. I have immediate relief and clients today could hardly believe I just took my gels off

Attachments

• 1391046986768.jpg
    1391046986768.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 434
  • 1391047002987.jpg
    1391047002987.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 429
  • 1391047017101.jpg
    1391047017101.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 505
Forgot a picture! A picture is worth more than a thousand words :)
As you can see the damage is there from buffing off my gels. I have immediate relief and clients today could hardly believe I just took my gels off

Got to ask, hunni, why are you removing your gels with a drill? Why would you knowingly damage your nails in this way.

I really hope that people who use IBX do not use it thinking it is now ok to damage nails in this way?? It's not.

IBX will protect and prevent nails from the effects of excessive dehydration and from being damaged by dehydration when continually wearing UV cured nail colour and it will help if used it on badly damaged nails such as yours, by holding that weakened structure together while growing out but you will still have weak and damaged nails from drilling on the surface, and that is unacceptable and is not our mission with clients; using IBX should not be an excuse to cause damage such as we see in those images and think that's OK.

Our project name was Project Iceberg, Jim is quite witty as some of you know. Because the strength is below the nail as the same as an iceberg. When it came time to give our baby a names, we struggled with finding the perfect name for it. So, IBX means Ice Berg 10 (10 fingers or toes)!

Now that's a great story to share - my clients will love this. They already love the story about Dadi Oil. Thanks for sharing! I love it!

Got to ask, hunni, why are you removing your gels with a drill? Why would you knowingly damage your nails in this way.

I really hope that people who use IBX do not use it thinking it is now ok to damage nails in this way?? It's not.

IBX will protect and prevent nails from the effects of excessive dehydration and from being damaged by dehydration when continually wearing UV cured nail colour and it will help if used it on badly damaged nails such as yours, by holding that weakened structure together while growing out but you will still have weak and damaged nails from drilling on the surface, and that is unacceptable and is not our mission with clients; using IBX should not be an excuse to cause damage such as we see in those images and think that's OK.

Geeg, I do not damage nails intentionally. I did not use a drill on my nails. I had Buff Off gels on and I use a nail file. These gels do not come off with acetone soaking and it is the only gel that stays on my nails.

Another thing to add, I normally buff the product down as much as possible and allow the nail to grow out the remainder of the product. However, I PERSONALLY accepted that I would have to remove all of mine in this manner if I was going to test IBX on myself. I refused to take my mom's nails off in this manner last night and I would do the same for my clients.

Another thing to add, I normally buff the product down as much as possible and allow the nail to grow out the remainder of the product. However, I PERSONALLY accepted that I would have to remove all of mine in this manner if I was going to test IBX on myself. I refused to take my mom's nails off in this manner last night and I would do the same for my clients.

The good thing is that IBX will definitely help your nails!

Now that's a great story to share - my clients will love this. They already love the story about Dadi Oil. Thanks for sharing! I love it!

Could anyone share this story for those of us that have missed it?

Thanks x

Thanks x
The story is just above in post number 239. :hug::hug:

Do you mean the number in the top right corner of Lindabuffet post 439?

Just looked & it says it in both.lol

Last edited:

Thanks x

I remember reading the story behind Dadi oil a while ago...so went looking and found the answer from Lindabuffet herself...

QUOTE "FYI, Dadi'Oil was named by Jim's daughter, Niki used to call Solaroil Daddy's Oil when she was younger, so that is how Dadi'Oil came to be!" END QUOTE

Hi all,

I have just posted on my Facebook page (Linda Nordstrom) a picture of the lamp and the bulbs that I am using for a heat source for IBX. Just to give you an idea.

To all of the UK Techs, I have official word that Louella Belle will begin shipping IBX next Friday, they will ship all pre-orders first!!! so, if you haven't pre-ordered, do it now!

Thanks, but I meant the story about Dadi oil. I've now got the answer.

I remember reading the story behind Dadi oil a while ago...so went looking and found the answer from Lindabuffet herself...

QUOTE "FYI, Dadi'Oil was named by Jim's daughter, Niki used to call Solaroil Daddy's Oil when she was younger, so that is how Dadi'Oil came to be!"

Thanks Sass x

To all of the UK Techs, I have official word that Louella Belle will begin shipping IBX next Friday, they will ship all pre-orders first!!! so, if you haven't pre-ordered, do it now!

Hi Linda,

I wonder if you would be able to facilitate a new thread titled eg. 'All your technical Questions about IBX answered here' please? Now that some of us are starting to use the product (did mine last night) we will no doubt have more questions on application. I have just seen a new IBX thread about timings posted, so in order to keep relevant Q's in one place. I have my first question ready!

Thank you so much.
Saskia

Last edited:
Hi Linda,

I wonder if you would be able to facilitate a new thread titled eg. 'All your technical Questions about IBX answered here' please? Now that some of us are starting to use the product (did mine last night) we will no doubt have more questions on application. I have just seen a new IBX thread about timings posted, so in order to keep relevant Q's in one place. I have my first question ready!

Thank you so much.
Saskia

Jim and Linda have created this website just for you and others who have any questions, technical or not, about IBX

Home - IBX Nails by Famous Names | Professional Nail Strengthener

Hi all,

I have just posted on my Facebook page (Linda Nordstrom) a picture of the lamp and the bulbs that I am using for a heat source for IBX. Just to give you an idea.

Perhaps I have tomatoes on my eyes, but I can`t see the photo:sad:. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 370
This may be a silly question..

If using the IBX system on natural nails and not using a gel polish. After the IBX application, are we ok to soak the fingers on warm water for a mani? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back