IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered my IBX yesterday, so can't wait to try it out now.

Mine as just been delivered today!! Yay!

The instructions are as clear as mud.

Am I right in thinking you don't ALWAYS have to use Repair, unless the nails are badly damaged?

I have a Minx infra red lamp - is it still the same length of time as a 75-100 watt bulb?

I have a CND shellac lamp - it would be longer than with an LED lamp but how long, do we know?

What sort of nail cleanser is required - is scrubfresh ok?

hope i'm doing the right thing investing in this system. If we improve everyones nails so much, aren't we going to do ourselves out of business? !

Last edited:

Am I right in thinking you don't ALWAYS have to use Repair, unless the nails are badly damaged?

I have a Minx infra red lamp - is it still the same length of time as a 75-100 watt bulb?

I have a CND shellac lamp - it would be longer than with an LED lamp but how long, do we know?

hope i'm doing the right thing investing in this system. If we improve everyones nails so much, aren't we going to do ourselves out of business? !

If doing gel polish always use repair if not then use when a repair is needed or just IBX alone.

Same times apply always for the low heat advised as a infrared lamp with 75-100 watt or hair dryer.

2 mins CND lamp.

I've seen other people on here stating they are using scrub fresh for cleanse.

I guess time will time with doing ourselves out of enchantments lol but never the service & whole leaving with beautiful painted nails.

HTH kt x

Just wanted to say the results I'm getting from IBX is truly amazing....well done Famous Names for bringing us such a fantastic product :hug:

I've just read through this whole thread and don't think I found the answers to my questions, so apologies if they have been answered already.

If a client who wants a stand alone treatment doesn't come back for over a month, would you carry on with subsequent treatments or start again with the first time treatment?

It says not to get product on the skin, but I have a lady with a wide split running length of her nail and I would think the product would touch her skin in parts of the split. Would I be able to use IBX on her? (Don't currently do her finger nails but was thinking she may be ideal)

TIA. xx

Someone had asked me how long I have been using IBX and why do I feel it's been long enough of a trial to recommend it?
I cannot for the life of me find the specific thread or even the question anymore to be able to quote :( I was very busy and not able to respond right away.
I received my IBX Duo pack second week of January, on January 17th I had my first IBX client. The results were so visibly drastic that I had to promote it the best I could for as many of my client as possible. They in turn sent me friends, and the clients that get their other esthetic service done with me decided to give it a go. So, I had to look through my schedule to see how may clients I did the IBX treatment for since January 17t, 53 is the number. At the end of this week I will be up to 70, and I just received 2 more requests for booking from a recommendation :)
In short, I feel that I have tested it as best as I could in such a short amount of time. The visible results speak for themselves and clients are Happy Happy. Isn't that the best indicator of the product's effectiveness?
I have stopped taking pictures as I get swamped and have no time, unless of course the set is in dire need of being photographed.
Happy IBX-ing ya'll

p.s. I should correct to say, I have had over 50 IBX services, timings improve after the initial service, and you cruise through all their next appts :)
Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow, this is a powerful statement!!!!

I honestly think that the only way to throw away scepticism is to TRY the product.
When I saw her nails 2 hours ago I was floored and speechless. I simply cannot comprehend the amount of nail growth in a short amount of time and they look and feel healthy. It is so amazing!
This is a complete game changer as I can just see the hordes of women ditching gels and acrylics.
When I think about it though I find I have to file my own nails daily because it seems they grow over night with IBX.
I am starting to better understand why companies that do not have this product feel the need to compare or question its effectiveness, there is nothing like it out there and thumbs up to the developers :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I totally agree with you, Biljana complete game changer was what I thought last week. Thank you Famous Names for making a product which does exactly what you told us it would do. You've certainly made my job easier. One of my clients admitted she thought I was putting "snake oil" on her nails but then had to eat her words when she returned 2 weeks later and still had 10 perfect Shellaced nails intact something which had never happened before not even with Brisa Lite Smoothing underneath.

I honestly think that the only way to throw away scepticism is to TRY the product.
When I saw her nails 2 hours ago I was floored and speechless. I simply cannot comprehend the amount of nail growth in a short amount of time and they look and feel healthy. It is so amazing!
This is a complete game changer as I can just see the hordes of women ditching gels and acrylics.
When I think about it though I find I have to file my own nails daily because it seems they grow over night with IBX.
I am starting to better understand why companies that do not have this product feel the need to compare or question its effectiveness, there is nothing like it out there and thumbs up to the developers :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm in total agreement also!! I've applied it twice to my own nails and they feel so strong! Mine use to be like paper and bendy, but they are so hard now and they've really grown so much!

I'm so pleased with results, and I'm glad I "tested" it on myself, as I can now preach about it to others and what it can do for them! Amazing xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

So are most people finding that they can replace the brisa lite smoothing gel with IBX under shellac? Haven't got either but was about to buy both.....should I just get IBX now?

So are most people finding that they can replace the brisa lite smoothing gel with IBX under shellac? Haven't got either but was about to buy both.....should I just get IBX now?

I have especially weak and bendy nails, and I have used IBX with smoothing gel and shellac on my own nails. I LOVE it! Feels like I have acrylic/gel overlays on, my nails feel so strong!

I LOVE ibx! Unfortunately I seem to be allergic to something in one of the products. I applied it twice and experienced skin peeling and cracks near my free edge :( I stopped applying it to my own nails and everything went back to normal.

I still use it on clients but wear gloves. No one else (and I've done 42 clients so far) has experienced the same reaction thank goodness. I'm just weird it seems :p but the results are amazing even off one application.

Can't say enough about this product, love, love, love it. So many happy ladies especially Kay, whose nails are pictured here. We're having 2 more weekly applications then we're going to go from there. The change in her nails is fantastic. Thanks for such a fab product. 💖😍

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 494
I LOVE ibx! Unfortunately I seem to be allergic to something in one of the products. I applied it twice and experienced skin peeling and cracks near my free edge :( I stopped applying it to my own nails and everything went back to normal.

I still use it on clients but wear gloves. No one else (and I've done 42 clients so far) has experienced the same reaction thank goodness. I'm just weird it seems :p but the results are amazing even off one application.

Jim N: Bummer :mad: Have you had a prior history of reaction?

Can't say enough about this product, love, love, love it. So many happy ladies especially Kay, whose nails are pictured here. We're having 2 more weekly applications then we're going to go from there. The change in her nails is fantastic. Thanks for such a fab product. ����

Jim N: So glad you are liking it! We appreciate your support :smack:

I totally agree with you, Biljana complete game changer was what I thought last week. Thank you Famous Names for making a product which does exactly what you told us it would do. You've certainly made my job easier. One of my clients admitted she thought I was putting "snake oil" on her nails but then had to eat her words when she returned 2 weeks later and still had 10 perfect Shellaced nails intact something which had never happened before not even with Brisa Lite Smoothing underneath.

Jim N: Thanks for using it, we appreciate your support!

I've just read through this whole thread and don't think I found the answers to my questions, so apologies if they have been answered already.

If a client who wants a stand alone treatment doesn't come back for over a month, would you carry on with subsequent treatments or start again with the first time treatment?

It says not to get product on the skin, but I have a lady with a wide split running length of her nail and I would think the product would touch her skin in parts of the split. Would I be able to use IBX on her? (Don't currently do her finger nails but was thinking she may be ideal)

TIA. xx

Jim N: If the nail bed is exposed, IBX should not be applied. On your first question, you can continue with the Ongoing Application procedure and not the First Application.

Jim N: Lots of questions. Here goes:
If you send me your email, I will send you a set of simplified instructions in pdf from.
Minx Light: Hold the hand a bit further away as it has higher heat. You don't want to evaporate the product off before it has a change to penetrate. We are testing a nail heater with Louella Belle and will keep you posted.
Cleanser: As we say in the directions, use your favorite cleanser. Scrubfresh is fine.
Investing: I would think you will dramatically increase the number of clients with the results you will be producing.

Can I ask how many of you are applying IBX as a weekly treatment? I have bought this with one specific lady in mind... She doesn't use her solar oil (naughty naughty), she's always in the kitchen cooking etc and just seems to be quite tough on her nails, her Shellac never lasts 2 weeks and her index and middle fingers on both hands are quite peely/delaminated. I know she will be perfect for IBX but I know she's not going to want to replace her Shellac every week so I can IBX her nails but she also won't want to go without Shellac lol! Is this going to be effective if she only starts having it fortnightly with her usual Shellac appointments?x

SO impressed with IBX, my nails are so much stronger too :)

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1394266799652.jpg
    1394266799652.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 285
  • 1394266811106.jpg
    1394266811106.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 261

Latest posts

Back