Ideas For Hubby's 40th

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kattyj

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

My hubby is 40 just after christmas and I dont know what to do for him!!

We are going on hols to celebrate with family (great excuse for holiday!) but not until the April so I wanted to do something for him on his birthday as April is a long way off and he may feel neglected on the day!!!

Any ideas welcome as im stuck!

Thank you

Katy x

I can only think of obvious ideas like throwing him a surprise party, or if you want something more low key, maybe you could take him somewhere nice for a meal :)
Lauren x

Thanks for reply.

At the moment it is veering towards a party but I just wanted something different, goodness knows what though!!

I like the idea of granting fantasies. When a friend turned 60, his daughters made a life-long dream of his come true by taking him to Daytona and letting him have the Daytona500 experience.

He donned a real driver's suit, got in a real NASCAR racecar and rode around the track at ridiculously high speed with a NASCAR driver. It was the experience of a lifetime.

That sounds like a fab idea Tammy.
Maybe a sky dive or f1 day or something.

Or you could just don a whipped cream teddy and give him a fantasy of a diff kind ;-) lol x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I like the idea of granting fantasies. When a friend turned 60, his daughters made a life-long dream of his come true by taking him to Daytona and letting him have the Daytona500 experience.

He donned a real driver's suit, got in a real NASCAR racecar and rode around the track at ridiculously high speed with a NASCAR driver. It was the experience of a lifetime.

My hubby is a real awkward one, his work partly involves the motorsport industry so he has driven and been taken around the track in their cars, this is why im soooo stuck as to what to do!!

Maybe I need to think harder about granting his fantasies, I just cannot seem to think of anything!

Great suggestion though :biggrin:

That sounds like a fab idea Tammy.
Maybe a sky dive or f1 day or something.

Or you could just don a whipped cream teddy and give him a fantasy of a diff kind ;-) lol x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Sounds like a plan!!

Take a belly dancing class. Surprise him with his own sensual belly dance on his 40th birthday!!!!

He won't mind paying for the classes...TRUST ME!!!

Take a belly dancing class. Surprise him with his own sensual belly dance on his 40th birthday!!!!

He won't mind paying for the classes...TRUST ME!!!

Hey thats a good idea!!

Thank you! I would never come up with these things myself!! x

You could also get a breast reduction.
watermelons

That is all.

You could also get a breast reduction.
watermelons

That is all.

hee hee hee, you do make me laugh!!

I was thinking about belly dancing, grass skirt, watermelon bikini top and bottom enhancements!!

I got the same problem - hub has a significant birthday beginning of December.

We orignally looked at going to New York but too expensive. He doesn't want a beach getaway.
He doesn't want a house party.
He doesn't want to go anywhere for a night in a hotel.
He hates anything "arranged" like a ride around a track.

He's a biker so gets his kicks on a regular basis.

btw, his last significant birthday - a decade ago - we didn't do anything cos he couldn't think of anything he wanted to do.

We orignally looked at going to New York but too expensive. He doesn't want a beach getaway.

btw, his last significant birthday - a decade ago - we didn't do anything cos he couldn't think of anything he wanted to do.

Sounds like my hubby, bloody hard work ay. He also has a biggy birthday 5 days before Christmas, he will have an 0 after a 6. What the heck do I do?

from Debbie's HTC Sense

How about a dinner party at home, but with a hired professional chef to prepare and serve restaurant quality food?

How about a dinner party at home, but with a hired professional chef to prepare and serve restaurant quality food?

Hey now thats an amazing idea!!!

He loves Gordon Ramsey, would he do it?!?

Oh no, what a nightmare!

My hubby gets his kicks from the fast cars and he has pretty much travelled the world with his job so cant even book something special cos he has probably been there before so what do you do?!

I hope you manage to get something sorted too!

Hello...

Dr Lurve here.

Bring some romance back...

If he don't want a fuss then no fuss shall be made

Think subliminally:

His age in kisses in the birthday card

His age or Happy Birthday imprinted in his toast

His age in red roses delivered to him but nowhere where he'd get embarrassed. An office environment are more forgiving then a car garage

And nice one at bedtime:

His age sequinned on to both bum cheek of your undies

Just some ideas from Dr Lurve x

Hello...

Dr Lurve here.

Bring some romance back...

If he don't want a fuss then no fuss shall be made

Think subliminally:

His age in kisses in the birthday card

His age or Happy Birthday imprinted in his toast

His age in red roses delivered to him but nowhere where he'd get embarrassed. An office environment are more forgiving then a car garage

And nice one at bedtime:

His age sequinned on to both bum cheek of your undies

Just some ideas from Dr Lurve x

Ha Ha, thats great!

I like your ideas, very thoughtful and it doesnt need to be about how much it costs.

Thank you Dr Lurve! x

Dr Lurve, the power to turn cheese into charm...

Latest posts

Back