Ikea desks used as nail desks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love mine it's quite skim which is such a lovely change from stretching over dining tables etc!

LOVE your setup pixie! I'm mobile but want to make a home salon & gonna get this table. Just wondered tho is it wide enough for the nail pillo? ..I may need a new cushion (or wider table!) xxxx

Hmm not sure about nailpillo...but to the other poster it's the perfect height :) I love it xx

I have one ... White desktop with four legs, about £15 in total. It's perfect! Will post a pic when home :)

Hi geeks

I got Vika Anon one from ikea today with storage all under £50!
I got the one size bigger from the starting size.

They had a glass top on, which I felt was a bit flimsy, as top was glass, and legs weren't that sturdy. And I felt there wasn't enough work space.

So excited can't wait to put it up!
Pictures to follow tomorrow 😃

caa7febd7e9f2bf5668a1029d6e07cea_53354.jpg

e9e5df97158372b82744a23258c6e49f_53355.jpg

my vika amon from ikea, i have so much more room xx

My Vika amom is arriving on wednesday. I order the white wipable table top with small drawers on one side for all my bits and pieces and a cupboard with an adjustable shelf on the other to keep bottles etc. I have quite a large working space so it's 1.5 metre length with lots of storage but its great because u can choose to suit your needs. I think mine was 75ish or something including the drawers etc. Also got table lamp and spotlights and new bathroom things to make my bathroom pretty :D

Sarah xxx

p.s. will post photos when its been put together!

I had onewiring ikea with a shiney top but cleaning it all the time made the finish bubble and peel :( so I got the one below with the glass top and it's fab!

8y3eduhy.jpg

These are my ikea numbers! Glass topped ones without towels, and the one with towel was the same one but with wooden top. They provide just enough space to work without clutter... 30 quid I think! It's adding the fishy stuff that racks up my costs lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352657392.674599.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352657392.674599.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,509
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352657410.261999.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352657410.261999.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,406
I have the Ikea Malm for home use right now. There is a drawer that pulls out all teh way across.
MALM Dressing table - IKEA

Width: 120 cm
Depth: 41 cm
Height: 78 cm
malm-dressing-table-brown__0095349_PE233913_S4.JPG

i was gonna get an ikea desk , the only thing is is there not designed to handle acrylic /product spillages so id suggest a glass topped one. also have you thought about your extraction fan? xx

I have the expedit one the same as Dolci, it is a desk that is attached to a cube shelving unit. I love it, it is a little wide but I have a gas lift chair and have mine a little higher than my clients chair and I find that helps loads, also it's not too wide that my clients can't bring their arm right over without being uncomfortable, so it's working fine for me at the moment and plenty of room for all my bits and bobs. I'm way to accident prone to have a smaller desk, I'd be knocking things over left right and centre :lol:

i was gonna get an ikea desk , the only thing is is there not designed to handle acrylic /product spillages so id suggest a glass topped one. also have you thought about your extraction fan? xx

Yes I asked about "Dust Extraction"?
Surely you all use them??

Yes I asked about "Dust Extraction"?
Surely you all use them??

Well mines built in but u can get those that u sit on top od the desk

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I was about to pet a tread about a table and here we go :) thanks for sharing x

hello just jumping in here as I was searching for advice on tables! I am looking to set up a table at home too for when clients come to me - do you find then that the plain style table works well, and then I imagine have storage around the outsides out of the way, with some shelving units perhaps?

I am just looking on the ikea website... bit too dangerous to go without something in mind because I kid you not I could spend hundreds of pounds in that place without even going near what I went in for ha! My house is mostly Ikea!

I actually already have the expedit shelving unit with desk attached - some of you feel this has been suitable? Thinking maybe I could get a glass top for it and save extra monies.....

I had lots of professional nail desks over the years, i now also use Ikea desks lol. mine is the Lemsvik (i think) the smaller one, its black, drawer underneath and i use a small grey metal drawer unit to one side. I use the padded arm rest/extractor unit on them as i have four desks, and they are acetone resistant, but i do cover with a towel and desk towels any way. no idea how to post a picture but i'll try! x

Thanks, my expedit desk/shelving combo is currently in use with a cover & towel on it but its rather wide which is a shame as I thought it would be ideal! I guess a trip to ikea it is! Xxxx

yes i thought the expedit one was too wide. you dont really want anything over 60cm wide

I had lots of professional nail desks over the years, i now also use Ikea desks lol. mine is the Lemsvik (i think) the smaller one, its black, drawer underneath and i use a small grey metal drawer unit to one side. I use the padded arm rest/extractor unit on them as i have four desks, and they are acetone resistant, but i do cover with a towel and desk towels any way. no idea how to post a picture but i'll try! x

Been thinking about getting an Ikea desk as they are so reasonably priced but wasn't sure about extraction. Where did you get your padded arm rest/extractor?

Latest posts

Back