Illumina

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody used this yet and what is it like? I'm thinking of using it tomorrow on my cousin. She's a base 6 and has lots of blonde highlights and wants to go mousey brown with bleach ombre. For the brown I was thinking of doing 7/31 on the roots and colour touch 7/03 through mid lengths. I'm just not sure of the 7/31 on the roots as although it says it's a cool colour don't want it to be too warm??

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be wrong but they only do 7/35 x

I may be wrong but they only do 7/35 x

No they def do it as it's on my colour chart. I just don't understand how it can be a cool colour if the gold is the prominent tone. It looks a lovely colour, although slightly warm. Think I won't risk it as might pick up too much warmth over a base 6 x

I have only ever used goldwell or clynol, to scared to try anything else as I don't know anything about them x

Is there a 7/13?

I didn't end up using the 7/31 in the end but eager to see what it's like now x

Hello - quick question...I have not used Illumina yet but another colorist told me that Illumina is able able to lift previously colored hair 2 or 3 levels. Is that true?? Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello - quick question...I have not used Illumina yet but another colorist told me that Illumina is able able to lift previously colored hair 2 or 3 levels. Is that true?? Thanks for the clarification.
When using 10 line and 12% you will get 3 levels of lift on natural hair not coloured

Hi Nikki Some great color work you are doing they i must say. Was hoping you had some suggestions for a color with Illumina, i use wella colors however i hav nt used illumina yet but i have a regular client in next week i am converting over.

i usually so color touch plus 66/07 on her

prior to this she was full head bleach highlights

is they a particularly nice brown tone on a base 6 you would recommend my client is pretty much flexible with what ever i choose for her.

can t wait to use Illumina xx

Hi Nikki Some great color work you are doing they i must say. Was hoping you had some suggestions for a color with Illumina, i use wella colors however i hav nt used illumina yet but i have a regular client in next week i am converting over.

i usually so color touch plus 66/07 on her

prior to this she was full head bleach highlights

is they a particularly nice brown tone on a base 6 you would recommend my client is pretty much flexible with what ever i choose for her.

can t wait to use Illumina xx

Just bear in mind illumina sinks quite a bit so I would use 3 parts 7/7 1 part 5/35 that will give you a nice warm medium brown

Aww can t wait to try now. I will try colors u recommend. A lot of people say they 're hair has gone darker from using ill umina

Hi everyone,
I am in the US and we are just getting our hands on Illumina this week! Before I buy my starter kit, do you have any recommended must have colors? Or tips for a first time "Illuminist"? I have read all 16 pages and what I can gather is;

9/60 and 10/36 are beautiful toners
There aren't any colors lower than a 5
If darker than a 5, there will only be 3 levels of lift.
replace 12/89 with just 10/ or 10/1????

Like I said, I am getting this color this week, I have seen none of the shades. I use all Wella KP and CT already.

Thank you for any help!:Grope::confused:

Can someone explain these Illunima colours to me? What makes them different? What's the technology behind them? Can you use them on coloured hair? I use goldwell atm and not impressed! I'd like to make a switch over x

Can someone explain these Illunima colours to me? What makes them different? What's the technology behind them? Can you use them on coloured hair? I use goldwell atm and not impressed! I'd like to make a switch over x

Go for it. Illumina is a Wella colour. Permanant 70% more light reflection amazing hair protection very multi tonal it's not flat like KP can be, they only have 20 shades so you wouldn't be able to convert all your clients to illumina. I always use Wella colour and am very happy with the brand and training support you receive

Go for it. Illumina is a Wella colour. Permanant 70% more light reflection amazing hair protection very multi tonal it's not flat like KP can be, they only have 20 shades so you wouldn't be able to convert all your clients to illumina. I always use Wella colour and am very happy with the brand and training support you receive

Maybe I could stick with goldwell and offer blonde illumina colours x

Has anyone had issue with Illumina creeping up of scalp whilst processing? I just did a client's roots and it swelled off her scalp so I could see her scalp skin. I had to push it back down onto skin with my brush and almost reapply more product to hold it down. After I did this it stayed put. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this? This client of mine does have buildup. We make her use a clarifying treatment before each appointment. She has also installed a demineralizer in her shower to stop(or cut back) metals and build-up in her water. I thought this new Illumina would also be a good choice for her were it has the ability to move the copper away from the hair while it's being colored.

Has anyone had issue with Illumina creeping up of scalp whilst processing? I just did a client's roots and it swelled off her scalp so I could see her scalp skin. I had to push it back down onto skin with my brush and almost reapply more product to hold it down. After I did this it stayed put. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this? This client of mine does have buildup. We make her use a clarifying treatment before each appointment. She has also installed a demineralizer in her shower to stop(or cut back) metals and build-up in her water. I thought this new Illumina would also be a good choice for her were it has the ability to move the copper away from the hair while it's being colored.

Have you had the illumina training. It's very informative , the colour when it has done its job creeps off the scalp which is normal you have no need to worry.

Thanks Nikki. It's good to know this tip about it lifting off the scalp. Did Wella mention exactly why the color behaves like that? It seemed to finish developing very quickly(no complaints)! p.s. Our training has not happened yet. We are in-house with Wella late Feb. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back