Illumina

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if any courses/workshops for illumina are being run for freelance hairdressers? Very keen to have some indepth knowledge of this line.
so far i have tried the 9/60 as a toner -(lush!) and a few of the caramel toned 7 line as lowlights and so far very impressed.
I have not used this range as global yet and am very keen to try it on my sister as she currently has a 5 line on her hair and I'm sure the shine will look lovely.
Here is my query at present we use KP 5/77 with 5/0 on regrowth and then when need be freshen her ends up with 5/77.
IN The illumia range would the 5/7 match up well with the 5/ on the regrowth? Also for first time application is it requested to take the colour straight through? if this is the case im concerned that the ends will end up darker and the regrowth will end up throwing up lighter? Any thoughts or suggestions on this for first time full applications of this range. many thanks guys. x

I've heard about illumina and very excited to try it. I am a self professed colouraholic .. Although I am not a hairdresser (yet! Starting my training in sept :D ) I have been dying hair for years, family, friends and my own and they're always super impressed!! I have a purple slice under my fringe and can never quite get the exact colour I want, I have always found the 'perfect' colour in colour books but never turns out... I am also sick of having to section my hair before every shower.. Making sure every purple strand is away from the blonde! And have heard this doesn't bleed...

Is it true?

Is there such an amazing product ??xx

I've heard about illumina and very excited to try it. I am a self professed colouraholic .. Although I am not a hairdresser (yet! Starting my training in sept :D ) I have been dying hair for years, family, friends and my own and they're always super impressed!! I have a purple slice under my fringe and can never quite get the exact colour I want, I have always found the 'perfect' colour in colour books but never turns out... I am also sick of having to section my hair before every shower.. Making sure every purple strand is away from the blonde! And have heard this doesn't bleed...

Is it true?

Is there such an amazing product ??xx
what do you mean it doesnt bleed? its a permrnant and as for the purple my sister has purple slices and of course when she washes it runs but not enough go chanhe the rest blonde it just tones the full head each time she washes it leaving a clean blonde x

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek

Hey hey guys!

Im just checking in to see how everyone is?

So ive also heard about the illumina, but I haven't had chance to try it yet. I know there are other posts about it, and ive read them, especially from Nickki! :D, but I have a few questions...

Are the mixer tones in KP to be used with illumnia?
and what are the colours based on as I know KP is based with green.

Thanks guys! :D X

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, listen to this...................S*uppercuts ''We guarantee our cuts for 7 days'' hahahaha! :lol::lol::lol: I guarantee mine for 4-6 weeks :D

How do these people get away with this really!

what do you mean it doesnt bleed? its a permrnant and as for the purple my sister has purple slices and of course when she washes it runs but not enough go chanhe the rest blonde it just tones the full head each time she washes it leaving a clean blonde x

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek

If I'm ever to wash my hair and not section the purple off my hair goes pinky purple near the front... I know I will never be able to wash it together and no colour transfers but I hear this is less likely with this product... I've had no luck with any permanent colours to date and I've had purple for 1year and a 1/2 :( xx

is it true when using illumia for the first time you have to take it straight through?
I am wanting to use 5 line on my sister she usually is kp roots 5/0 and 5/77 .mid length and ends are refreshed with 5/77 .
I was wanting to try illumia / 5 line but wondered how i would stand as obv my sister now has regrowth(natural base 7)and didnt want her ends to go darker if you have to take the colour straight through. Is this likely to be the case as i am yet to try this range as global only tried toning and lowlights. Any advice much appreciated.xx

Does anyone have any pic of 10/36 used as toner????

Can you use normal peroxide with these toners or do you have to buy a different one? With goldwell if I wanna buy one toner I have to buy a massive bottle of separate stuff! X

Can you use normal peroxide with these toners or do you have to buy a different one? With goldwell if I wanna buy one toner I have to buy a massive bottle of separate stuff! X

U need use with pastel Hun x.

Does anyone have any pic of 10/36 used as toner????
i don't have a pic hun but ive just this on myself, is a lovely golden violet xxx

i don't have a pic hun but ive just this on myself, is a lovely golden violet xxx

Is it clear blonde? I mean it isn't yellow is it lol coz of the gold I'm scared ;(

Is it clear blonde? I mean it isn't yellow is it lol coz of the gold I'm scared ;(
it is warm because of the gold but not too warm , if its a nice clean blonde you're after i would stick with the 9/60 hun xxx

it is warm because of the gold but not too warm , if its a nice clean blonde you're after i would stick with the 9/60 hun xxx

Ok cool but still really wanna see a pic if anyone have post pls xxx

10/ I have swapped about 50% of my high lift clients to as I find you get aroun 4 shades lift with a very even clean colour result mostly on bases 6 and above illumina is a better colour result than high lift (and million times better for the hair) love toning with illumina too it's fantastic. Nice cool creamy blonde with 10/36 and cool ash violet with 9/60 :)

Hello! You say they are better than highlifts. Would you suggest 30 vol or 40 vol?

Normally i highlift, but lately I went over to 10/8 and 20 vol cause the high lift was frying my hair and the color kinda expanded and always overlapped. but Now I want my roots a bit blonder and cooler than what I get with 10/8 and 20 vol.

I have puchased 10/1 and 9/60, what volume would you suggest ?

Hi all :)
Have a question please re illumina
I would like to use 7/35 as a toner over prelightened slices. Am I correct in thinking that it can only be used as a toner from level 9 and 10?
I have only used 10/36 so far as a highlift with 12%
Thankyou kindly geeks x

Hi all :)
Have a question please re illumina
I would like to use 7/35 as a toner over prelightened slices. Am I correct in thinking that it can only be used as a toner from level 9 and 10?
I have only used 10/36 so far as a highlift with 12%
Thankyou kindly geeks x

Could you use it with pastel or as a glossing service? I can't remember if you can-am in salon Friday if you haven't done it by then I will MSG u x

Hi jazmine, ended up using a dialight as toner. Curious though about illumina..would be great if it could be used as a toner for bases lower than a 9. Bit of a scaredy cat being on my own although have a few plans for trying out some of them. Thankyou x

[FONT=&quot]I did Illumina colours on a client, nat base 7/8, and wanted to ask about the re-growth. Would I need to use the same colours for her re-growth? The reason I ask is because a previous thread said to do all the roots with just 9/60. Wouldn't it be better to use the original colours?
-1st slice is 9/60 roots, then 10/36 mid lengths and ends
-drop a slice
-Repeat using 9/60 roots, then 10/ to mid lengths and ends
-Remaining hair 8/1+10/1 roots, then 10/+10/1 to mid lengths and ends.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sorry I couldn't upload the pic for some reason![/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
[FONT=&quot]I did Illumina colours on a client, nat base 7/8, and wanted to ask about the re-growth. Would I need to use the same colours for her re-growth? The reason I ask is because a previous thread said to do all the roots with just 9/60. Wouldn't it be better to use the original colours?
-1st slice is 9/60 roots, then 10/36 mid lengths and ends
-drop a slice
-Repeat using 9/60 roots, then 10/ to mid lengths and ends
-Remaining hair 8/1+10/1 roots, then 10/+10/1 to mid lengths and ends.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sorry I couldn't upload the pic for some reason![/FONT]

Yeah use the original colours if the roots were ok last time. but don't forget illumina appears darker than koleston.

Latest posts

Back