Im Gutted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Carol*

Reaction score
Sorry for whinging girls, i know i havent posted much since i joined, asking which was the best nail course, i received my creative info pack and was really excited to start, and i have visited regularly and seen your beautiful work, and read many posts.

Im feeling really depressed/down etc you get the pic. If you cant remember i was saving up to do a nail course 'hopefully this side of christmas' but now it looks as distant as ever :cry:

We had a bill from scottish power yesterday and for combined gas and electric it was £500 :eek:

So it looks like all my money i have saved so far will be going to pay the bills. Im sooo gutted.

Looks like i have to save up again so i can do a course in the new year.

I am determined to be doing nails, and i will do it next year. Just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone for all your helpful advice and you will probably get fed up with me asking advice and questions next year when im doing my course.

Carol XXX

:hug: sorry to hear that, bills can suddenly hit you like that, it's such a pain x

i know how you feel hun
im the same ,i keep saying im gunna do this and gunna do that ,with the full intention of doing so ,then something always comes up ,doesnt it
i went to the nsi website last night and addded the things i need to the basket ...and then deleted them all as i knew i had no money ,just wanted to pretend i could just buy it there and then lol :lol:
how sad is that !
but hey ho one day we'll all be rich :hug: (we can only but hope )

I know how you feel, I have to register my car this month and I've just gotten a job after being at school for 5 months. It's scary when you don't know how you're going to do it... and you HAVE to do it. BEST OF LUCK!

Question that bill, thats ridiculous!

Chin up hun, you will get there eventually, i did my foundation in june and i am dying to do more training but every time i get some money together i end up spending it on products but i will do it one day, while you are saving up you can still practise basic things like putting on enamel, basic nail art for friends and family and doing french polish`s and of course there is lots of books out there that you can be reading and learning loads, you sound like it is something that you really want to do so you will get there :hug:

Awww Thanks everyone, i am really gutted. I have taken up jewellery making for the time being just to keep my hands busy, cos i REALLY want to do a nail course but everytime i get nearly enough to book a course, something comes up :cry:

I have questioned the bill numerous times i reckon we have faulty meters but scottish power aint having none of it, they get us to do daily/weekly readings and work out our usage etc, and with 3 small kids you cant just let them freeze so we put our heating on especially in my house cos its so big and old, its flippin freezing here.

I think i will contact them again though just to check that the meter/s are ok. We had a combi boiler put in early this year, and i dont think we were using this much gas and electric with my 15yr old boiler :eek:.

Carol XXX

Hi

Call them and say you will pay in installments, tell them its that or nothing. I know you can do this!

British gas didnt send us a bill till we had been in our house for 8 months and it was a whopper so i just rang and said cant afford to pay all that so they worked out a monthly payment scheme.

HTH

that bill sounds horrendous... considering its not even for the winter quarter... have you checked the meter readings????

DEFINATELY question it hun.... ours is far less than that and we are heavy users with 3 kids under 3!!!

lots of luck xxxx

Everything happens for a reason, just think how lucky you were that you were saving the money so that you can pay the bill. There is always a silver lining, you just cant see it yet through your disappointment. Things will look up stay positive and focused and you will reach your goal.
xxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back