I'm in bits .. single mums, please share your inspirational stories of success

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a couple of thoughts:
Are you getting the support you are due from your children's father?
If your eldest comes home for her hols can you fit some work in then, eg summer weddings? Also, depending on maturity levels, your middle child may be able to sit with your younger.
I realise that leaves the transport issue. If it comes to moving to a new home it might be a factor to choose somewhere on public transport routes, both for you and your children.
I really wish you well and hope life gets better.

This bit is so true: "Single mums (and dads) are a force to be reckoned with I think. Quite often they've had their whole lives turned upside down and the only person they can rely on is themselves so woe betide anyone who gets in their way when they want something for their kids."

A couple of my friends are single parents and that is the truest thing ever. They are expert jugglers with kids and work and childcare and you don't want to be on the end of the phone when they are talking to utilities companies who have messed them about, oh no!

Going back to what someone else has said, lots of people are getting married in weekdays at the moment because it is a lot cheaper overall .. a nice chance for you :)

Big hugs hun xxx

Like a previous poster i don't post often, but just had to offer you some support. My partner left me and my kids in a similar mess when he ran off with a 24 year old phillippino girl over 4 years ago. I had sold my salon as my kids were young and born only 11 months apart and he had got a fab job abroad. I ended up loosing my car and house and having to declare myself bankrupt, i have never got a penny off him (his addiction was alcohol not gambling). I will admit its been a struggleand has taken a while to get there, but i now work from home (i rent now, it's not a problem) around my kids school timesand life is good. There is light at the end of the tunnel, you will get there too!!! If you need any advice or info please pm me, stay positive, you can do this. :hug:

Latest posts

Back