I'm looking for some help choosing tan, lashes and nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynam121

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this site, so bear with me if m doing it all wrong, lol!

Ok, here goes. So I am looking into going mobile doing spray tan, nail extensions and lash extensions. I have recently graduated in Marketing but have been unemployed for 4months now! I had been working previously in a salon (Receptionist) for 2 years and I loved every min of it as I have always loved and been interested in all the treatments the girls were doing! Anyway I got the chance a few times doing nails, lashes and tans and obv saw that these were the most popular treatments going!

I have sourced out training in Glasgow that will cover all of the training to get me started and I stat in 2weeks (cant wait!!!!).

So my question to you guys out there is if anyone can recommend what brand of

• lashes to use (I.e., Hollywood lashes, Nouveau lash, Jinnylash, 3D lash) there are so many and have spent days trying to research them all and apart from price I’m not to sure of the difference?

• What’s the best Spray tan brands out there (again days of research have confused me and again apart from price and brand names i.e. FAKEBAKE im not too sure) :grr:

• Also what spray machines to use (HVLP v’s Compressor) I would ideally want to start doing spray party’s so one that could take doing maybe 5-6 in a night?

Also I have recently purchased a student starter kit from NSI from bay, do you think this will be ok to get me started?

Any help or tips on starting up would be greatly appreciated gus1

Thanks in advance

Lynam121 :o

hi ya babe
welcome to the wonderful world of salon geek.

I always use Urban Tan lovley colour and a variety, customer service is fabulous which to me is a must that is why i use the brands I use as If i have a problem I know that I can ring them up and my questions are answered.
That applies to my nails - Young Nails and my facial and body wrap range - Moor spa
all of these companies give me a superb customer service and advice line.

I wouldnt recommend buying your starter kit from ebay as you find if you go the wholesaler direct your products are a) much cheaper b) your getting what you pay for and not some cheap mma monomer that is labeled nsi or cheap powder that is labelled Nsi. You are then supporting your distrubutor and getting the customer service that you require.
hope that helps you
Deb x

welcome to the site :)

I trained with Nouveau Lashes and it was good fun, they do tiered training courses so as you get more experience and more confidence you can proceed up the higher qualifications - the starting point is Graduate level and the final is Elite level. They are very friendly and customer service is excellent. Plus the certificate is beautiful.
Nouveau Lashes, lash extensions, eyelash extensions, semi permanent lash extensions

They also have another treatment you can train in LVL lashes - this is where the therapist curls the lashes. An alternative to perming. Heres a link if you want to take a look for LVL lashes
Alternative to lash extensions - Nouveau Lashes, lash extensions, eyelash extensions, semi permanent lash extensions

Regarding spray tanning its a minefield as far as I can see, do a search on here for spray tanning and see what you come up with.

Regarding nails its CND (Creative) all the way for me Welcome - Sweet Squared I have had training with NSI and used their products but my preference by far is CND.

and as already said I wouldnt recommend buying products on eBay, you dont know if they are authentic or how old they are and I am pretty sure using products from eBay would invalidate your insurance, other Geeks may be able to confirm this.

Hope that helps :)

anne xx

Last edited:
Definitely avoid E Bay..if your gonna be a pro..shop like one :hug:

Nails CND seem to be the top dog.....for lashes and spray tan...well your world is your oyster do a search (top right of your screen) and away you go with the minefield of trillions of threads...should keep you busy till Christmas time :eek:

Welcome to SG ,the beauty industry and good luck with your business plans :hug:

OH and on which spray tan machine type to go for...well something like 90% of therapists use HVLP as opposed to compressor so maybe a pointer there for you LOL

Hi guys, i just wanted to say a wee thankyou for your replys!

I thinks its going to take me an eternity o decide which products ect to get, lol, but ill get there evntually1

thanks again:):):)

Hi guys, i just wanted to say a wee thankyou for your replys!

I thinks its going to take me an eternity o decide which products ect to get, lol, but ill get there evntually1

thanks again:):):)

The problem is that whichever brand a therapist uses will be recommended as the be all and end all of a line...whats great for one isn't for another so the only real way is to let your fingers do the walking..research here then call some companies up and get a better feel for yourself.

Good luck :hug:

I have sourced out training in Glasgow that will cover all of the training to get me started and I stat in 2weeks (cant wait!!!!).

Also I have recently purchased a student starter kit from NSI from bay, do you think this will be ok to get me started?

Any help or tips on starting up would be greatly appreciated gus1

Thanks in advance

Lynam121 :o

Hi, good luck with your new venture, and you have certainly come to the right place here for support and expert advice.

One thing just strikes me as odd though, although I may have picked it up wrong (not unusual lol :o: )
If you have training booked then surely you would get a student kit as part of your nail course.
Why buy an NSI kit when maybe your Educator has never ever used NSI.
If you want to use NSI then train with them and buy the kit from them as they will advise you in exactly what you need and show you how to use their products properly.
If it isn't with NSI then buy the kit your Educator will be using.

Does this make sense...or am I rambling.

Latest posts

Back