im off to ibiza in the morning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
:D , d day is upon me, eeekkkkkkkkkkkk! tomarow morning i fly to ibiza, my first flight since doing the virgin flying without fear course in march and i can honestly say i feel phisically sick with fear at the moment:Scared:
i have got the diazepan at the ready and the flight is at 6am so we are leaving home about 3am, im not going to go to sleep tonight as im hopeing to sleep o the plane, i do have a back up plan, im packing all my stuff in a seperate case so if i wont get on the plalne hubby can still go without me and i can ge the bus to my sisters, i havent even packed yet as i dont want to think to hard about it, i am desperat to see the world but would love to do it all by boat, my hubby loves flying so cant see what all the fuss is about, oooooooooooooooooooh! im so jittery:Scared:

Oh Tracy - poor you and lucky you! I know what like it is to have a phobia. I suffer from vertigo but I don't need to be up high to get giddy and all that. Try and sty calm, have a wee vodka and just look forward to getting off the plane and landing in SUNNY IBIZA. Fingers, toes and everything crossed for you!

Good luck Tracy! You will love it once you are there. Is it such a good thing packing your things seperate as this would give you the excuse you need. If you pach your things together then you would have to go! Dont let hubbie have all the fun you go girl!!!

Have a fab time Louise x

aaaw bless - have a few stiff voddys on the way to the airport - but dont overdo it as they wont let you on the plane haha

OOhh - very envious, see I've gone green :Look_righ :green:

Don't let your fear control you, if you are that nervous already why not take half a tablet now, once it's kicked in, do you packing, finalise your last few bits and pieces so you're ready to go in the morning.

There is no point in working yourself up into a state now, you've got over 24 hours to go before you even leave for the airport. There is no point in stressing until you have too.

Tell yourself 'yes I am nervous, but I don't need to think about it until I get to the airport, I'll decide whether I want to go or not I get there' - and leave the decision until you actually make it to the airport.

Worrying about it won't make it go away, it'll just make time drag and you'll get more worked up.

The power of positive thinking and Geeking - we can get you through anything :D

I know you can do this and I'm looking forward to hearing all about Ibiza when you get back :D

Trin
xx

Good luck T:D racy you will be fine, dont break your nails when you grip hold of the seat on take off, anyway it will be worth it to see the look on your sis in laws face, have a great time c u in a few weeks

Lotsa luck Tracy and have a fab time in Ibiza !

Hi ya, im also envious would love to go on holiday! But my auntie suffered from the same phobia and didnt go on holiday at all until a few years back now theres no stopping her shes on holiday all the time! When i went to Cyprus last August there was an internet cafe at the airport and so could log on! Good luck and make sure you do it as it will be worth it, and soon your be back on rubbing it in that youve got a nice colour x x x

ohhhhhhh, just had hubby on the phone and hes going nuts as we leave for the airport in 11 hours and i still havent packed anything, :eek: , he has said to me that when we get there he will help me find an internet cafe if i want so i can catch up on geeking, (this site is so addictive, is there a geeks annonimous?)

off out tonight for a chinese meal to try and calm me but no amount of duck will help, i definetly think i will be breaking my no-alcohol rule and haveing a few vodys,
thanks for all the support, i feel like a gibbering toddler,
it has made me reolise im a wreck with a few things
lorries:Scared:
flying:Scared:
spiders:Scared:
hights:Scared:
motorways:Scared:
wont be long before im affraid of my l&p brush lol
what was it the a-team gave mr t before flying?, i NEED some

have fun and dont get 2 brown

Good luck hun!! Dont panic about it, just think of the wonderful sunshine when you get there!!!!! On the way back you can look forward to catching up on all the Geeky gossip so you won't have time to worry about the flight!!!

Have a lovely time you lucky little frog!!!!!!!

Tilly xx

omg, im clock watching now:Scared: , im trying to stay awake so i can sleep throug the flight but im stressed, diazepan at the ready, i have also got a relaxation cd to listen to on the flight, hubby has said i can go on a shoping spree if i fly, the packing is all done now and we leave home in 4 1/2 hours, i dont think ive ever been so scared,
ive had a lot of crap with my son today got loads to sort for him in the next month, and really need a holiday but why oh why couldnt hubby have boked butlins, i like bogna

Hi Tracy,
I can really relate to you on this one, I wouldn't fly at all, I had panic attacks even driving my car so planes were no no's.
Then I had cbt for my fear and in may 1999 I flew to the algrave :D Like you I was terrified and didn't sleep a wink the night before we went. I was physically sick when we drove to the airport and felt silly for feeling like that.
I kept telling myself that if I panicked it would only last a minute or so and then the anxiety level will have to come back down. I boarded the plane armed with diazipan and was physically shaking :Scared: as the plane took off I felt very panicky and faint but once up in the air I calmed down and have to admit the flight went really quickly.
Well now the good bit, Because I had faced my fear and not let it ruin my holiday I was on cloud nine, I could now get on a plane and since that day I have flew many times, I am not loving flying yet but will do it now.
Tracy face the fear dont run from it, It can not physically harm you and if you face it , It will die and you will feel on top of the world.
I hope you have a lovely holiday and YOU will get on that plane, For you it will take courage alot of courage, But remember your not alone many people suffer like you with fears and let them rule their lives, But with courage you can rule your own life.
:hug:

lell said:
Hi Tracy,
I can really relate to you on this one, I wouldn't fly at all, I had panic attacks even driving my car so planes were no no's.
Then I had cbt for my fear and in may 1999 I flew to the algrave :D Like you I was terrified and didn't sleep a wink the night before we went. I was physically sick when we drove to the airport and felt silly for feeling like that.
I kept telling myself that if I panicked it would only last a minute or so and then the anxiety level will have to come back down. I boarded the plane armed with diazipan and was physically shaking :Scared: as the plane took off I felt very panicky and faint but once up in the air I calmed down and have to admit the flight went really quickly.
Well now the good bit, Because I had faced my fear and not let it ruin my holiday I was on cloud nine, I could now get on a plane and since that day I have flew many times, I am not loving flying yet but will do it now.
Tracy face the fear dont run from it, It can not physically harm you and if you face it , It will die and you will feel on top of the world.
I hope you have a lovely holiday and YOU will get on that plane, For you it will take courage alot of courage, But remember your not alone many people suffer like you with fears and let them rule their lives, But with courage you can rule your own life.
:hug:

aw thanks for your great wise words, i am going to give it my best shot

kalchis said:
aw thanks for your great wise words, i am going to give it my best shot

You go girl :hug: If I can do it so can you.
Enjoy sunny Ibiza :D

Well I woke this morning and thought I hope Tracy got on that plane and is sunning herself in Ibiza now :hug:

OMG!!!! ..... Youre here!
Does that mean youre here, over there???... or over here???
Did you fly or didnt you???
Hope you did but if you didnt... hope youre not beating yourself up about it :hug:

Latest posts

Back