In an ideal world, what's the future of Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXxCaZxXx

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering what everyone thought about this? Now that the open road and paradise collections have been released, my shellac collection is complete. All I can see them releasing is more of the same but I assume they will carry on releasing around 20 colours a year. So! If you had your way what would you want?

I personally would like them to not discontinue any colours and release more "effects" like they did with the polish so that you could literally make any colour/effect you wanted

I'd love some glitters, textures and a matte top coat! Something to play around with you know?

A matte top coat, neons, an easy to use white, more greys and nudes and a gold metallic! I don't want much eh lol

I think the autumn winter colours look stunning tho. Will no doubt end up getting them all!

I'd like to see more glitter polishes and I'm also going to vote for a matte top coat. And maybe a proper teal with no shimmer.

I'm pretty sure there was a navy opaque creme in the releases later this year so I am very happy about that. I also think there is room for a deep raspberry pink creme too, like Tinted Love but edging more on pink than red.

I'm pretty sure there was a navy opaque creme in the releases later this year so I am very happy about that. I also think there is room for a deep raspberry pink creme too, like Tinted Love but edging more on pink than red.

Yes. Definitely a raspberry pink/ red would be good. 😃

I want tinsle toast and the VIPs :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey everyone,
I was just wondering what everyone thought about this? Now that the open road and paradise collections have been released, my shellac collection is complete. All I can see them releasing is more of the same but I assume they will carry on releasing around 20 colours a year. So! If you had your way what would you want?

I personally would like them to not discontinue any colours and release more "effects" like they did with the polish so that you could literally make any colour/effect you wanted

CND have really already answered your request... Additives!! You can create unlimited effects over your CND shellac with additives ones like green/ pink gold sparkle, spectrum shimmer create a perfect effect over any CND shellac colour.
To me additives make more business sense... They cost half the price of CND shellac, they basically last forever and they don't require an extra cure which saves time, time=money. You can also mix additives together to create your own custom blends so you will have more effects to offer your clients!!!

Where did everyone see the autumn colours?!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I personally don't like additives and I think sometimes they make nails look abit hand crafted. (Home done) I'd like to see more glitters like the gelish collection. Ice vapour has been such a major hit is love to see more xx

Have to confess not really a fan of the additives either, too much faffing about (for me) in a busy spa but my younger techs love them.

As we know some clients have enough difficulty choosing a regular shade never mind introducing additives into the equation, so I would like to see more glittery type polishes.

I don't like Additives either. The finished effect is too powdery and dull for me and my clients have never chosen them from all my lovely examples on my pops!

I would love peach colors, a light and a bright. Holographic and duochromes. A milk chocolate brown.

I would like a magenta type pink/purple with no shimmer, a solid teal colour and definitely an easier to use white! I'd love if they found out a way to make cream puff less thick! Can be such a pain sometimes! And yes 100% MORE glitters! That's where I think Gelish beat Shellac

Oh and a Tiffany box style blue!

I would love iced vapor as open stock, but not that eager to have heaps of glitter shellacs as Amelia said we can sort that out fairly easy with additives and glitters , at a fraction of the price and not have to worry about it then going "off".
I also would love a nice peach colour , an opaque navy, easy on the shimmer and a raspberry.

I wonder if this will work....dear Santa, I have been a good girl, this year please can I have.......

Having every single colour that has ever been brought out I would almost agree that my collection is complete...until the next lot arrive that is ;)

I am looking forward to the chrome gold and the navy blue.

These are what I would like to consider my collection truly complete!

Magenta/Fuscia Type colour
Creme Turquoise
Creme Navy Blue
Peach, a light and a bright.

Attachments

• 0bba7b5656d294151f37bc58b3880c47.jpg
    0bba7b5656d294151f37bc58b3880c47.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 209
  • 1281c9b6c1f2d4911bd22ee2e8b29740.jpg
    1281c9b6c1f2d4911bd22ee2e8b29740.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 212
  • df545aa47b0833a536805249c1028b9d.jpg
    df545aa47b0833a536805249c1028b9d.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 372
  • eb54a43543e0eb520a821784e613a422.jpg
    eb54a43543e0eb520a821784e613a422.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 225
  • febb142e0b3b77fc23e3925fcd42a333.jpg
    febb142e0b3b77fc23e3925fcd42a333.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 763
Oooh I do love a good pastel colour so I'm with you on the Tiffany blue and peach 😊

The glitters, I'd rather they brought out more VIPs in different colours so that there are more layering options and less colours needed. Like they did with the colour and effects. Haha I really want them to bring out effects in shellac! I loved them! Always had them over dark colours and looked fab!

Latest posts

Back