Including Limited Edition how many Shellac shades now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
I'm not at home so can't just go into my room and count them!

I'm not at home so can't just go into my room and count them!

just gone through them in my head - i think there's 73? does that sound about right?

or is that downright sad??? lol :biggrin:

I think 72, I can count them on the site and check :)

yeah 73 forgot Tinsel Toast

Does the 72 include Tinsel Toast? It's no longer available so won't be on the site, but nevertheless it was a limited colour last year.

Karaxxx

I'm not a negative person but don't you find that sometimes there can be to many colours. How many shades of red do we really need, same with OPI surely we don't need another brown that's slightly more chocolate or slightly more shimmery.
Still maybe I'm looking at it from the pocket more than an artistic point of view.
Do most people stock all shades or just the main colours and do shellac come with their own colour pop or do you have to make them up yourself.

I worked out the other day that there are 72 colours in total including the Limited Editions.

Jenny xx

I'm not a negative person but don't you find that sometimes there can be to many colours. How many shades of red do we really need, same with OPI surely we don't need another brown that's slightly more chocolate or slightly more shimmery.
Still maybe I'm looking at it from the pocket more than an artistic point of view.
Do most people stock all shades or just the main colours and do shellac come with their own colour pop or do you have to make them up yourself.

I must admit I have nearly all of the colours in Shellac including the limited editions. With the Paradise collection, I can't think of any colour I would like to stock, although I imagine CND will vome up with something new.

I did get the colour pop chart with my kit but I still did my own colour pops as I like them to all be on matching colour pops which are all on a big split ring.

Jenny xx

Actually just thought of a colour I would like to see - a Gold version of Silver Chrome. :)

Jenny xx

I agree. Maybe that's why we like the asp signature range. At times I've wondered if I should've got down the CND or gelish route for more choice in colours but they'll you're right how many shades of each colour do you need. I'd spend a fortune not being able to resist them all. At least when I've bought all 36 asp I'll have to stop!

I really need to read my post back before I send it. It's late and I've made mistakes sorry guys

I've got nothing like all the colours, I haven't counted but I would guess that I have around 30 shades - but with layering techniques I have around 100 shades on my colour wheels

For every new colour I seem to be able to get at least 4 or 5 permutations from it, fantastically clever system!

edit to add: counted up, I have 25 shellac colours and 100 shades atm

Last edited:
I've bought every single color since shellac began. I'm afraid this is where I start to become more selective. None of my clients like the greens. They've been used to do color pops and now they're sitting on the shelf.
It just not good business sense to buy things that aren't being used

I have 61 of the colours, I refuse to buy any more reds xx

Just goes to show, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

There are others who have said that shellac has a limited choice! Lol.

I have every bottle available - I thought I had counted at 74, but may be wrong. I cannot see a colour come out without buying it. It's like a compulsion! one of the reasons I specifically chose shellac was for the layering of shades to create others - bottles sat on the shelf are wasted money and, as such, good to no one.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think I have 73 !!!! I can not see a collection come out and not have it x

Just goes to show, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

There are others who have said that shellac has a limited choice! Lol.

I have every bottle available - I thought I had counted at 74, but may be wrong. I cannot see a colour come out without buying it. It's like a compulsion! one of the reasons I specifically chose shellac was for the layering of shades to create others - bottles sat on the shelf are wasted money and, as such, good to no one.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well I suppose it's nice to have plenty of choice and once you buy them they do last a while. I'm the same with hair colour as well. I think that it's because I'm used to mixing to get a desired colour and maybe it would be easier to just stock the shade than try to make it. X

I have every last one of them, and will continue to buy every colour as it comes out.
Sometimes that slight difference in shade or hue makes ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the difference to the client.
It also dramatically changes layering effects.

Client's can be funny birds. They sometimes want a VERY SPECIFIC colour and to make them truly happy, nothing else will do.

I aim to make them happy.

I have every last one of them, and will continue to buy every colour as it comes out.
Sometimes that slight difference in shade or hue makes ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the difference to the client.
It also dramatically changes layering effects.

Client's can be funny birds. They sometimes want a VERY SPECIFIC colour and to make them truly happy, nothing else will do.

I aim to make them happy.

I totally agree with you. That slight change in colour can really make all the difference to clients and like you I will continue to buy them all.

I have to admit at one point I was thinking to myself im not going to stock x colour or x colour anymore as they weren't being used much. However my long standing clients and newer clients (my business has grown over the past 6 months) have surprised me by choosing those colours and I've actually had to buy new bottles of some that were on my short list not to bother with anymore. I also find it helps me gain new clients saying ive got them all!

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back